I can't really tell at this point

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nameless

Reaction score
Hello. I just joined and this is my first post here. The reason being this bad week I've been having which has caused me to think more deeply about things.

I'll start off by saying this. I'm normally by myself. I always figured it was because I was probably a loner of some sort, but I'm starting to think that's not the reason. There have been times when I go to sleep and have good dreams about hanging out with other boys and girls my age and having a good time...only to wake up pondering about why my life isn't like the one in my dream.

Well for years I've enjoyed listening to people's problems and talking to them about it. One of these people is a childhood friend 3 years younger than me. She usually has something to tell me and I talk to her about it and try to cheer her up. However, there was a time when I wasn't feeling too great and wanted to talk to her about it. As you could predict, she said I was ranting too much.

Unfortunately, that's not the only time it's happened. I have a friend that I'm really close to. Or maybe it's more appropriate to say "was really close to" right now but I don't think I should assume anything. I like talking to her since I feel especially good when she's happy (yes I do have a thing for her). I've been in a best friend type of friendship (I didn't really think so but she insisted on it) with her for a few years now even. But there are times when she tells me "That's your problem, not mine" or "I don't really care." Also recently she's been friendly with most of her friends except me. I feel like she's deliberately ignoring me even. Again, I don't want to assume anything but that's really what it feels like.

Of course there are other instances, especially this week. After listening to someone's story for a while, they never let me get a word in. It's as if I'm not even supposed to say anything. Another thing I noticed this week was that my friends always walk out on me or ignore me when they have another friend nearby. And to top it all off, I was told that the only reason people know I exist is because I stalk people. Now I have no idea what I do that constitutes stalking, but it did hit me that I'm really insignificant.

So here I am typing this long post at midnight asking myself: Do I even belong with other people? Would people be happier if I wasn't there to begin with? Do these people that I call my friends even think about my feelings?

After typing all of this, it really strikes me as completely pointless, but I'm hoping that there are other people with the same questions and people that could give me any advice about my situation.

It might sounds weird to you, heartless or hard.
It was difficult for me to accept or process at first...
Life shouldn't have to be this way...but sometimes it's like this.

It's not the easiest thing in the world especailly if you have
emotional bonding with someone or love someone very much.

I'm fully aware that I must be able to live and inneract with other people.
I also know I NEED love and effection in my life.
I NEED to be loved and held becuase I'm a human being.

Your friend didn't have to be so cruel about it...
Never the less there's an ounce of truth to what she said.
Maybe she didn't use the proper wording...
"it's your problem..." maybe you might process it differently
if she would had stated..."it's your chioce and responsiblities."

We can't control what other people say, act or belief...
We do have control over ourselves...wheather we chose to
act or react to other people..

In a way, it's being pro-active

Ultmately if I lean on other people for my happiness or well being...
I'm almost doom or setting myself up for a fall.
I'm giving power to other people...Worst I'm giving other people
my responsiblities. I'm also not taking control of my life and just
drifting with the wind...

My personal expereince was of that..I had hope that people would
change or be decent...well, i had to learn the hard way...suffered
a lot of pains and heartaches and wasted a lot of time and lost years
from my life that I can never retreive again

The principle is that I'm self supporting and can carry my own weight
at the core of my being.

It wasn't easy for me to get up everyday and make a chioce to be
happy when all the was happening around me was going to honeysuckle...

I got sick and tired of being sick and tired of living like that and feeling
like that

I chose to also love myself no matter what. I'm important to me.
Kind of like being a candle for my own to feet.
Happiness is an inside job...
I care about my feelings...
I chose to feel happy. I chose to feel peace. I chose to have compassion for myself.
I chose to be kind and gental to myself.
I know I have to power to feel whatever I want to feel..I have a chioce.

Yeah...sometimes it's kind of piontless...
Sometimes when you try to figure stuff out...once you figure it out
it's piontless. it triggers a lot of emotions.
Sometimes I just LET GO and not try to think so much or figure it out.
Sometimes I don't need to know the answers or an answer.

People ignore me all the time...O-welll. I ignore alot of people too.

Most people find me easy going and happy go luckie.
I'm very approchable in person. Strangers say hello to me all the time...
I still have my moments...Sometimes I still wanna tell everyone to fresia Off and die..lol

Well...there's been changes in my life. Not in a million years did I very thought this would happen.
Whatever the heck I thought...I was totally wrong. So whatever I thought in the pass was piontless...

I love my sweetheart very much...It's not always easy for us.
I know she loves me. I'm grateful that she dose loves me and care about me very much.
Here's the thing...She asked me out when we first met and she's reached to me again...
Maybe i was attacting her in an un-explainable sort of way..

The past 2 years of my life wasn't easy becuase I was in a very toxic relationship
with an ex-gf. I wasn't well and had to work through a lot

It's like a miracle that the love, peace and healing I'm expericning today is with my ex-wf.

I can't give you advice or tell you what the piont is...
Please just be kind and gentle to yourself no matter what you chose to do.

I think the best thing to do is look at the hobbies you have. Theres always groups in local areas that will share your interests. If you dont have a hobby like that then try to find one. It is the best way to make new friends and you will ahve at least 1 thing in common that will bond you with them. Your friends at school dont sound like friends at all, they sound like the kind of people that would stab you in the back to be honest. Taking up a competitive sport like football or some martial art. Would help improve how other percieve you at school. The general rule is the more hobbies you have outside of school the more you ahve to talk about and the more interest others will take in you. Of course this doesnt just relate to school but to work and college/uni.

STOP. Rewind...

Stand back and observe the people you come in contact with on a daily basis and/or the ones that pass you by. Are these the people of significance? Constantly fixated on irrelevance. Words from the significant irrelevance should carry no weight, no depth. Why should that persons meaningless jibber jabber be so important? This person spews out negativity. Infecting you with negative vibrations, affecting your emotional state.

Smile knowing that their negativity has no affect on you. Smile knowing that your positive energy will over power their negative energy. Smile and say, "thank you, now do you feel better about yourself now that you have said that."

Why stress yourself over what other people think? Seriously. Like any of them are ones to talk. Stuck in their "meaningful reality".. Have fun there, buddies! Existing to own. Thriving on materialistic desires. Finding happiness in repetition and stability and comformity. Being social, having friends. Not like they actually have conversations about anything thats considered relevant. But hey, they are friends... Its like pokemon, you gotta catch them all.

Happiness is key. Everything else is pointless, if you arent happy. It should be something to strive for.

WATCH

[youtube]12BhS22ZySA[/youtube]

nameless said:
Hello. I just joined and this is my first post here. The reason being this bad week I've been having which has caused me to think more deeply about things.

I'll start off by saying this. I'm normally by myself. I always figured it was because I was probably a loner of some sort, but I'm starting to think that's not the reason. There have been times when I go to sleep and have good dreams about hanging out with other boys and girls my age and having a good time...only to wake up pondering about why my life isn't like the one in my dream.

Well for years I've enjoyed listening to people's problems and talking to them about it. One of these people is a childhood friend 3 years younger than me. She usually has something to tell me and I talk to her about it and try to cheer her up. However, there was a time when I wasn't feeling too great and wanted to talk to her about it. As you could predict, she said I was ranting too much.

Unfortunately, that's not the only time it's happened. I have a friend that I'm really close to. Or maybe it's more appropriate to say "was really close to" right now but I don't think I should assume anything. I like talking to her since I feel especially good when she's happy (yes I do have a thing for her). I've been in a best friend type of friendship (I didn't really think so but she insisted on it) with her for a few years now even. But there are times when she tells me "That's your problem, not mine" or "I don't really care." Also recently she's been friendly with most of her friends except me. I feel like she's deliberately ignoring me even. Again, I don't want to assume anything but that's really what it feels like.

Of course there are other instances, especially this week. After listening to someone's story for a while, they never let me get a word in. It's as if I'm not even supposed to say anything. Another thing I noticed this week was that my friends always walk out on me or ignore me when they have another friend nearby. And to top it all off, I was told that the only reason people know I exist is because I stalk people. Now I have no idea what I do that constitutes stalking, but it did hit me that I'm really insignificant.

So here I am typing this long post at midnight asking myself: Do I even belong with other people? Would people be happier if I wasn't there to begin with? Do these people that I call my friends even think about my feelings?

After typing all of this, it really strikes me as completely pointless, but I'm hoping that there are other people with the same questions and people that could give me any advice about my situation.

Latest posts

Back