At what age did you stop believing Santa?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

• Three

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Eight +

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I've never believed him

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I still believe in him

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
C

Chair

I'm almost certain that I never believed in him.

I don't understand how anyone can not believe in Santa. Who do you think all the presents come from?

Seriously though, if people believe in the whole reason we have Christmas (God, Jesus, etc) then why is it any more far-fetched to believe in Santa?

Also, despite this Christmas being very lonely and stressful for me, I still believe there is a certain magic about Christmas. The belief in Santa, small children opening their presents and feeling so excited and happy, carol singing under lighted Christmas trees - It's a magical time of year. Just the fact that so many children believe in Santa, goes a long way to making it real. The person himself may not exist, but the spirit of the belief exists in the hearts of many, making it almost real.

I only stopped believing in Santa when I was about 10. I watched one too many 'Santa' movies back then and I couldn't believe that something as wonderful as a man going around giving children pressies didn't exist.

I guess I kinda stopped believing in Santa but I still believe in the magic of Christmas though. Like what Zack said above, the spirit of belief is the one in all our hearts that makes it almost real :)

Never believed in him.
Mommy wasn't kissin' anyone on Christmas eve.

Now that I think of it, maybe I should've been intro'ed to that kind of hope and magical wonder when I was a kid (maybe not just on the Santa thing, but a lot of other stuff) and I wouldn't be the overanalyzing, annoyingly realistic, practical person I am today.

I stopped believing in him when i was 11. I remember wondering why I never saw the Easter Bunny put out all the eggs for christmas. I'd go to church Easter morning and then come home and there'd be all these eggs in the yard and i'd ask my dad where the Easter Bunny was and he said that he just left...EVERY YEAR!

So, i finally figured out that the Easter Bunny didnt exist and by proxy, also Santa.

lol.

My grandfather used to dress up as santa and come and visit us on christmas eve. I thought it was odd my step grandmother woudl always be with him and when I asked where the reindeer were she always told me they were at the top of the driveway :p

I wanted to see some reindeer damnit! xD

I never believed in Santa. My parents told me from the get-go that he wasn't real, that it was just a game adults played with children. My mother didn't want to lie, and my father didn't want someone else getting credit for the presents he bought.

I don't mind, it didn't ruin Christmas for me or anything. It was still just as magical.

Say whuuuut? You'll trying to tell me the Easter Bunny's not real next! Some people... * shakes head *

I don't know. That's a good question. I guess one day I just stopped caring as long as I got presents anyway....yeah I know that sounds kinda bad. But, I do like my collections. It's one thing I keep hanging on for.

Still, I appreciate the Christmas imagery, the idea that it's supposed to be a jolly time, even if it doesn't do that much for me anymore.

Latest posts

Back