I just dont know anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat

Reaction score
First off id like to say hi to everyone here.

I currently live in the USA but i was not born here. I have only been here for a few years. I am 26 now. I am married to a US citizen and have 2 step kids who are both under 10 years old. We are not financially making it. I have a green card but cant seem to get a decent job in this terrible economy. The only jobs i have gotten are crap temp agency ones who hire you for a month then lay everyone off cause there's just no work. I used to be happy in life with my friends and my folks back home
. It was also a beautiful place. I now live in an ugly city and have no friends or family nearby. I hate it here. I am currently layed off and in the process of looking for a new job but with no solid results. I have tried everything from door to door, to online applications, careerbuilder, monster. you name it Ive done it. And nothing. My wife gets paid $11/hour at her job and works 40 hours/week, sometimes overtime. She has had her job for a while now. She comes at me from time to time when we are fighting about money and other topics like food and cars etc and says things like "when are you going to step up and be a man and take care of your family". That really pisses me off. WTF. I am making a solid effort to try and find work but its just not working out. My parents are also getting old back home and i dont want to waste my life in this country and then 1 day get a phone call
saying that one of my parents have died. We cant leave this country for another 5 years due to my wifes previous military contract of 8 years. (shes in the reserves now). But im going nuts here. Everyday i wake up and just cant wait for the day to be over with. I have never been this miserable in my entire life. And i know some people are going to say "you made you bed so you lie in it" and "thats what grown up life is like" but fresia that. You only get to live once and this is not how i want to spend the rest of my life. I have no College education seeing that i did a bit of travelling after i got done with school(hence how i met my wife). My parents live in a poorer country than the USA so i dont accept money from them cause they are struggling as it is. My wifes parents are kinda rich but they dont give a honeysuckle about us and give my wifes sister money to buy OUR children Xmas presents in fear that we would spend it on bills and such. WTF. They dont help us at all. They tell me i need to get a job...

I am seriously considering doing nothing from now on and just giving up looking for a job and letting my wife work and support us. Both her and her parents tell me i need to "step up". Well you know what, ive been looking for a job for about 6 months now, finally got one at a temp agency, worked it for a month and then proceded to get laid off with 49 others. Ive been on about 1 hundred job interviews. Im out of ideas and fully frustrated with life in general. I hate this place and want nothing more than to move back home to my family and friends. I would love to take my wife and kids with but ultimately i dont think she will go nor do i think her parents will let us take the kids ( they have custody but thats a whole nother story). I just dont know what to do anymore. i dont want to have a child of my own cause i dont want to burden him/her to this unforgiving place they call Earth.

I think that what they mean by "step up" is that you gotta change your game. If looking for work in a normal job isn't working, give it up until the economy gets better and think outside the box.

You could write a book (about your experiences, even) and sell it. You could contact some churches for financial or food help (if your pride allows it--but family is more important than pride, IMO). You could join the military. You could sell stuff on Ebay. You could make people pay to watch you cut off your own toe. Since you're originally from another country, I assume that you know another language other than English. Become a teacher/tutor to teach your language! (Just advertise online or on some university information boards or something.) Did you try government/municipal jobs? I find that there are always openings for county roadkill cleaners. Just go to the county clerk and ask about some jobs. You could also serve subpeonas for the county/city prosecutor. That's actually a sort of fun job--it's like being a private detective.

Now, a couple of those are silly, but my point in all of this is that you shouldn't limit yourself to just a normal 9-5 you find in a temp agency or in the classifieds. There are TONS of things to do that can bring in a little bit of extra money...enough to help out until you can get a good job when the economy gets better...and as a college student I do have some experience in scraping together enough money to live on--in whatever manner possible! Hope that helped a bit!

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
You could make people pay to watch you cut off your own toe.

...and as a college student I do have some experience in scraping together enough money to live on--in whatever manner possible!

"make people pay to watch" lol
I hereby nickname you Nine Toe Steve! :p

Latest posts

Back