Christmas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlonely

Reaction score
hey hope everyone had a good christmas. was with my fam in west virginia so i couldnt post on christmas day. but uh, i got somethin to ask i guess. i gave some presents out to a couple friends besides then ones to my fam, and i hardly got any christmas wishes from them. some people didnt even respond to me... whats up with that? am i over-reacting or do i actually have an argument here. one of the people i wished a merry christmas to was my best friend since childhood. and i didnt hear from him. it honestly makes me feel like im dead. because outside of my family, its like i have no other contact with people from my past.. i really do hate my past, and id do it all over again in a heartbeat. anyway, i love going home to my family because i get away from everything and get a chance to clear my head. hope everyone had a good christmas :)

I had a relatively good Christmas this year. I love sending Christmas cards out to people but the strange thing is, only one or two ever sends cards back *pout*. So yeah, I can understand how frustrating that is when you wish them Merry Christmas and the only thing you hear back is the silent background punctuated by chriping of crickets.

After two years of diligently sending out Christmas cards, I gave up. Maybe in this day and age, people don't appreciate Christmas cards no more. Or Christmas greetings, for that matter.

It was wonderful, actually. I hosted a Christmas Eve dinner for some of the soon-to-be-ex in-laws. It was a huge success: the food was fantastic and the house was filled with the sound of happy people.

I had my daughters Christmas morning and they loved their presents anad special breakfast. Then they went off to their dad's and I went to my sister's for dinner.

It was afterward that I crashed, once I was all alone I realized how much I love having people around.

There are times when I think I've gotten used to being alone, and not just that, but have come to a stage where I can actually enjoy being alone. I don't know, maybe I'm deluding myself about that. But anyway, then I get back out among people and remember how much I love it. I just hate that it's so short-lived.

I'm crashing, too , because the kids are with their dad until New Year's Eve. I usually see them almost every day (we have joint custody), but this year over the holiday he has them for a long time.

I really miss them. It's no exaggeration to say that there are everything to me.

Latest posts

Back