Is it possible to meet genuine people over the internet?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
With a couple of possible exceptions I've only met let-downs, creeps, snobs, fakes, idiots and bullies.

I DEFY ANYONE TO SAY THEY'VE HAD MEANINGFUL, LONG-LASTING FRIENDSHIPS/RELATIONSHIPS THAT STARTED ON THE INTERNET!!

LMAO! Sorry, but I defy you :p

I know several people I originally met online whom I am still good friends with. I know of four MARRIAGES in which the couple originally met online.... it's really not that uncommon.

Yep...I know more than one couple who met on line and are now married and some with children. :)

CAS said:
With a couple of possible exceptions I've only met let-downs, creeps, snobs, fakes, idiots and bullies.

I DEFY ANYONE TO SAY THEY'VE HAD MEANINGFUL, LONG-LASTING FRIENDSHIPS/RELATIONSHIPS THAT STARTED ON THE INTERNET!!

Bollocks. Then why have I had nothing but bad luck?

CAS said:

I defy you too.

I have a close-knit group of women friends whom I met years ago on a parenting message board. We try to get together for a girlfriends getaway every year, though sometimes we can't swing it. We still talk almost daily.

They stood by me through some of the darkest times of my life.

CAS said:
CAS said:

did you mean to quote yourself???

Well, three people (so far) are telling you it happens - how can that be bollocks? :p

If a blind man can't see the colour of the sky, it doesn't mean its not blue.

cheaptrickfan said:
CAS said:

I defy you too.

I have a close-knit group of women friends whom I met years ago on a parenting message boards. We try to get together for a girlfriends getaway every year, though sometimes we can't swing it. We still talk almost daily.

Oh aren't you the lucky one? fresia people like me who are hated by everyone, even on the internet, aye?

CAS, there was no need for that. You simply asked if it was possible. And didn't like the answer.

CAS said:
cheaptrickfan said:
CAS said:

I defy you too.

I have a close-knit group of women friends whom I met years ago on a parenting message boards. We try to get together for a girlfriends getaway every year, though sometimes we can't swing it. We still talk almost daily.

Oh aren't you the lucky one? fresia people like me who are hated by everyone, even on the internet, aye?

I dont hate you :(

CAS said:
CAS said:

Don't think that just because you've not had the best of luck all the time, that that's how it is for everyone.

Now, are you referring to romantic relationships or friendships? I hate how some people think that somehow it's supposed to be easier to find a mate through an online medium because the potential pool of applicants is larger.

IME, it is more difficult because you have to weed through way more chaff than if it were purely real-life face-to-face. Online profiles give people more opportunity to be deceitful, because they can play at being something other than who they are with relative ease.

CAS said:
cheaptrickfan said:
CAS said:

I defy you too.

I beg your pardon?! I didn't attack you at all in my post. Where did I say "fresia you" or "fresia anyone?"

I actually amended my next post to you, but I'll put in what I took out. In response to your quote:: "Bollocks. Then why have I had nothing but bad luck?"

Judging from the tone of your belligerent posts here, perhaps it's your attitude.

You're just spoiling for a fight with someone, aren't you?

Steel.

No need for what exactly? Communicating how I feel? Isn't that what this website is supposed to be all about? Free Speech is something that everyone is entitled to as far as I'm aware.

Sophia Grace you are in a very small minority if you don't hate me, but thank you all the same.

CAS said:
Steel.

No need for what exactly? Communicating how I feel? Isn't that what this website is supposed to be all about? Free Speech is something that everyone is entitled to as far as I'm aware.

Sophia Grace you are in a very small minority if you don't hate me, but thank you all the same.

Um, no need for your snotty reply to me when I was in no way poking you personally in my original post.

CAS said:
Steel.

What makes you think people hate you? jw.

cheaptrickfan said:
CAS said:
CAS said:

Don't think that just because you've not had the best of luck all the time, that that's how it is for everyone.

Now, are you referring to romantic relationships or friendships? I hate how some people think that somehow it's supposed to be easier to find a mate through an online medium because the potential pool of applicants is larger.

IME, it is more difficult because you have to weed through way more chaff than if it were purely real-life face-to-face. Online profiles give people more opportunity to be deceitful, because they can play at being something other than who they are with relative ease.

CAS said:
cheaptrickfan said:
CAS said:

I defy you too.

I beg your pardon?! I didn't attack you at all in my post. Where did I say "fresia you" or "fresia anyone?"

I actually amended my next post to you, but I'll put in what I took out. In response to your quote:: "Bollocks. Then why have I had nothing but bad luck?"

Judging from the tone of your belligerent posts here, perhaps it's your attitude.

You're just spoiling for a fight with someone, aren't you?

Oh that's told me. I guess nasty old C.A.S. will have to go to bed with no supper.

Ehm, I'm sorry, and you probably think I'm one of the types you mentioned too now, but considering your last post, above, I'm not that surprised to be honest. She didn't insinuate that in any way and yes, apparently she's been lucky, be happy for her. It shows you that you can be lucky too.

As for me, I haven't had a lot of success either, maybe I'm not putting enough effort into it, maybe people just don't like me that much, though I doubt it because I think I'm pretty alright heheh. Every person I've had, like, prolonged contact with over the internet just cut it off after a couple of weeks for no (to me) obvious reason.

No need for the attitude, obviously. At no point did anyone put you down, and yet you replied angrily, because it didn't agree with what you had personally experienced. As you are no doubt aware, flaming is not tolerated on these forums, hence the warning.

I agree with Cheaptrick.. your attitude probably explains a lot.

Steel said:
No need for the attitude, obviously. At no point did anyone put you down, and yet you replied angrily, because it didn't agree with what you had personally experienced. As you are no doubt aware, flaming is not tolerated on these forums, hence the warning.

I agree with Cheaptrick.. your attitude probably explains a lot.

Warning? What warning exactly?

Now I seem to be being attacked.

Latest posts

Back