Placing a Picture into a Post on alonelylife.com

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minus

Unknown member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Placing a Picture into a Post on alonelylife.com

The picture that you want to display must be on the web before you can display it in a post.

Some free graphic hosts that you can use to place your picture on the web are ...

Imgur [No registration required]
http://imgur.com/

PhotoBucket [Registration required]
http://photobucket.com/

There are countless other ones that have a free service. Find one that you like.

They are all basically the same but for simplicity we will use TinyPic here.

You go to the graphic host site http://tinypic.com/
Click on the "Browse" button then select the graphic on your drive that you wish to upload.

aaa-001-Image2.jpg

Then click the "UPLOAD NOW!" button.

When the graphic has finished uploading it will bring you to a screen with the link to the graphic.

You will probably find the link displayed in a number of ways. You want an IMG tag at the beginning and end of the link for the graphic to display in the post. If you copy the link labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it into your post, it will have the tags in place.

If you do not have that option on the graphic server that you are using or if you are linking a found photo then add the IMG tags to the direct link.

aaa-002.jpg

Paste or type the tags and link into your post.

Hi Minus!

I have been trying to figure this out since I joined the forum 1 1/2 months ago! I was trying to copy and paste from my pictures file, and doing everything else I could think of.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ARE EASY TO FOLLOW AND VERY PRECISE! And, pasting the pictures in is so fast and easy, I can hardly believe it!

Have a good day/night! :)

WishingWell said:
Hi Minus!

I have been trying to figure this out since I joined the forum 1 1/2 months ago! I was trying to copy and paste from my pictures file, and doing everything else I could think of.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ARE EASY TO FOLLOW AND VERY PRECISE! And, pasting the pictures in is so fast and easy, I can hardly believe it!

Have a good day/night! :)

Hi Wishing.
Hope you don't mind me PMing you,but I saw your post to Minus about down loading images to the site.You seem to have succeeded whereas I haven't!
All I want to do is down load a picture of my daughter and grandson to a friend in a PM. I've uploaded the image to "tinypic",written the info down then typed in the info into a PM to myself to check that the image is their,but it ain't! All I get is the typed info I put in.Am I stupid or what,it's doing my head in!
Can you please help me out?

Kind Regards.

John.

If you are just seeing the information then your tags probably need fixed. A bad link shows differently than bad tags. Also there is no space between the tags and the link.

cjbe_e18_u8yfi.jpg

With "TinyPic" the second link it gives you is labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and it already has the tags attached. That link can be pasted directly into your post or PM and it will work.

You can use the preview button to see if it displays without actually having to send it to yourself.

I'm using a mobile cellphone to navigate the forum. Everytime I try to upload a picture into a post it appears as a link to download instead of displaying the picture itself.
How can I do this?

Two ways, ether use the image box provided (the box with the mountains and sun picture on it. If you are able to use that from your phone all you need is the link and paste it.

Or you need to have the image code like this
after the link .

When you paste the link all you have to do is add the image code above.

So if I have this link and I paste it like so

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag166/miniondave/Images/dave_zps5ac8a371.png

All that will do is leave it as a link, but if I put the image code before and after it like this
dave_zps5ac8a371.png
but without the spaces, I did that so you can see it, you get this.

dave_zps5ac8a371.png

Using a photo storage program like photobucket will give you the image code link so you don't have to mess around like that, but since you are using your phone I don't know how easy that would be.

I know this is an old thread, but I have been trying to post a pic and no luck. I don’t seem to have the image icon (mountain/sun) as an option, and the

It's not there in quick reply, you have to go into New Reply (or quote someone).  Then under the smilies, you have the icons.  Insert an image is the second icon in the 4th group (or the 14th icon over from the left).  Cilck it, paste your link, press Insert.

Calliope said:
I know this is an old thread, but I have been trying to post a pic and no luck. I don’t seem to have the image icon (mountain/sun) as an option, and the tags with a link from imgur aren’t working...
[/quote]

Not sure why the IMG tags wouldn't work, I'd assume they work across all platforms of browsers. What browser are you using? Maybe try another.

Wait, you only have 6 posts, maybe it's a newbie thing. Post a bunch and see if it shows up.

I believe the forum has a block on it until you get to so many posts to deter spammers.

There is restrictions on how many attachments, links, that can be put in a post. Spammers have nothing to do with it either.

The image code should work if you are posting the right link for the image. Most photo sharing sites have multiple links for different things, emails, message boards, etc. If you could post what you are trying to do, getting, we might be able to help. Right now without seeing what is happening it is hard to say what is going wrong.

Latest posts

Back