Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placing a Picture into a Post on alonelylife.com
Placing a Picture into a Post on alonelylife.com

The picture that you want to display must be on the web before you can display it in a post.

Some free graphic hosts that you can use to place your picture on the web are ...

TinyPic [No registration]
http://tinypic.com/

Imgur [No registration required]
http://imgur.com/

ImageShack
http://www.imageshack.us/

PhotoBucket [Registration required]
http://photobucket.com/

There are countless other ones that have a free service. Find one that you like.

They are all basically the same but for simplicity we will use TinyPic here.

You go to the graphic host site http://tinypic.com/
Click on the "Browse" button then select the graphic on your drive that you wish to upload.
[Image: 255hpwh.jpg]

Then click the "UPLOAD NOW!" button.

When the graphic has finished uploading it will bring you to a screen with the link to the graphic.

[Image: 2hgr7lz.jpg]

You will probably find the link displayed in a number of ways. You want an IMG tag at the beginning and end of the link for the graphic to display in the post. If you copy the link labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste it into your post, it will have the tags in place.

If you do not have that option on the graphic server that you are using or if you are linking a found photo then add the IMG tags to the direct link.

[Image: dwxp9h.jpg]

Paste or type the tags and link into your post.
Hi Minus!

I have been trying to figure this out since I joined the forum 1 1/2 months ago! I was trying to copy and paste from my pictures file, and doing everything else I could think of.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ARE EASY TO FOLLOW AND VERY PRECISE! And, pasting the pictures in is so fast and easy, I can hardly believe it!

Have a good day/night! Smile
[Image: Life%20is%20not%20a%20DH%20Pink_zps4gdabj4h.png]

(02-14-2011, 10:56 PM)WishingWell Wrote: Hi Minus!

I have been trying to figure this out since I joined the forum 1 1/2 months ago! I was trying to copy and paste from my pictures file, and doing everything else I could think of.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ARE EASY TO FOLLOW AND VERY PRECISE! And, pasting the pictures in is so fast and easy, I can hardly believe it!

Have a good day/night! Smile

Hi Wishing.
Hope you don't mind me PMing you,but I saw your post to Minus about down loading images to the site.You seem to have succeeded whereas I haven't!
All I want to do is down load a picture of my daughter and grandson to a friend in a PM. I've uploaded the image to "tinypic",written the info down then typed in the info into a PM to myself to check that the image is their,but it ain't! All I get is the typed info I put in.Am I stupid or what,it's doing my head in!
Can you please help me out?

Kind Regards.

John.
"Cynics are just idealists that have had the s**t kicked out of them by reality"
If you are just seeing the information then your tags probably need fixed. A bad link shows differently than bad tags. Also there is no space between the tags and the link.

[Image: cjbe_e18_u8yfi.jpg]

With "TinyPic" the second link it gives you is labeled "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and it already has the tags attached. That link can be pasted directly into your post or PM and it will work.

You can use the preview button to see if it displays without actually having to send it to yourself.

I just want to try this again to see if I remember how to do it.

[Image: hellopurple.png]
[Image: Life%20is%20not%20a%20DH%20Pink_zps4gdabj4h.png]

Yes, success.Big Grin

[Image: 2qmg6js.jpg]
[img][Image: 15waqg5.jpg][/img]
(02-09-2014, 12:10 AM)Tulip23 Wrote: [Image: 15waqg5.jpg]

I take it you succeeded.
[Image: 2vj1q3q.jpg]
Aww Tulip the cat is adorable! Love the colour too.
(02-09-2014, 04:47 AM)9006 Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 12:10 AM)Tulip23 Wrote: [Image: 15waqg5.jpg]

I take it you succeeded.

Yeah lolBig Grin
This old lady is learning fast.

Aww thanks Ladyforsaken.Smile
Him and his brother are my best friends they always put a smile on face.
His brother is pure black.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post your desktop Caesium 395 60,190 12-06-2017, 03:24 AM
Last Post: Volt
  Links to Take me to Post on a Thread in Emails WishingWell 6 2,193 02-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Last Post: WishingWell
  hi!! need help! I cant post in message area says undefined Alopez1 1 1,384 11-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Sci-Fi
  My "YouTube" Won't Capture The Vids I Post LoneKiller 6 3,022 09-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Last Post: LoneKiller
  Re: Posting a Video into a Post WishingWell 11 3,646 08-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Last Post: WishingWell
  How to Post a YouTube Video Minus 4 2,551 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  Trying to find a thread / post Firefly 2 1,714 06-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Firefly
  Quoting more than one post Firefly 2 1,843 06-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Firefly
  How do you post a video from YouTube onto a Post? WishingWell 3 2,726 04-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Last Post: urbanloner69
  chat.alonelylife.com doesn't work... Knight 7 3,665 07-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Sean