How did ALonelyLife become popular?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chair

ALonelyLife is a very successful site - how the hell is this?

The site is for reclusive/lonely people. You wouldn't think it would get much exposure.

Chair said:

The site is for reclusive/lonely people. You wouldn't think it would get much exposure.

I don't think that this site is only for recluses; loneliness isn't the sole provenance of loners.

To get all philosophical, I think that we all lives our lives in varying degrees of loneliness. If for some of us, the loneliness is fleeting, then all the better. Other people may be living what appears to be a busy and fruitful life, surrounded by loved ones, but still be crushingly lonely because they don't feel as though they can relate to others.

Loneliness/disconnectedness is the real pandemic of our times, I think.

wait... we're popular?

WOOHHOOOOO

XD

...then how come i don't feel very popular?

ohhh D;

it shows up in the google search when people google the words Lonely and Forum together. That's how I found this site.

evanescencefan91 said:
wait... we're popular?

WOOHHOOOOO

XD

...then how come i don't feel very popular?

ohhh D;

2,760 members is quite impressive.

This site gets lots of new registrations per day.

I'm thinking that this site may have had press releases?

there is s really nice story about how this site got started...
on another site someone posted that they were lonely

then people who typed 'i am lonely' or 'i'm so lonely' into google all got directed to that site.
the person who owned the site.. then started this site.

well they story is a bit better than that.. i think there is a webpage that tells the story
i hope someone can post it.

SophiaGrace said:
it shows up in the google search when people google the words Lonely and Forum together. That's how I found this site.

Hahaha i did something like that, and i'm guessing most people found this site by using google.

Yes, me too, and everyone mentions it in their introductions :p But.. it's never big enough! Only when we can hold our own Woodstock For Lonely People™ or a reaaally ginourmous barbecue party in George Bush's backyard will it be enough.

Seriously though, 2,760 is by no means small but not that big either. Take, for example, depressionforums.org with 35,307 members.

PieBeNice said:
SophiaGrace said:

Hahaha i did something like that, and i'm guessing most people found this site by using google.

thats how i found my way over here too

jales said:
there is s really nice story about how this site got started...
on another site someone posted that they were lonely

then people who typed 'i am lonely' or 'i'm so lonely' into google all got directed to that site.
the person who owned the site.. then started this site.

well they story is a bit better than that.. i think there is a webpage that tells the story
i hope someone can post it.

Bluey talked about it awhile back. How it all began

Oh yea I do remember finding that thread, I was one of the people who typed "I am lonely".
I think I did it again some other time and I ended up at a forum where I could post as guest, there I posted my problems.

At last I think ALL was actually harder to find, I think I had to type in lonely forum or something, and it got me here and I registered.

cheaptrickfan said:
Chair said:

I don't think that this site is only for recluses; loneliness isn't the sole provenance of loners.

To get all philosophical, I think that we all lives our lives in varying degrees of loneliness. If for some of us, the loneliness is fleeting, then all the better. Other people may be living what appears to be a busy and fruitful life, surrounded by loved ones, but still be crushingly lonely because they don't feel as though they can relate to others.

Loneliness/disconnectedness is the real pandemic of our times, I think.

Is spot on. Loneliness has many shapes and forms other than the obvious physical sense. I'm certain no one suspects of me being lonely in the slightest bit and have plenty of friends surrounding me but I still feel extremely lonely because I seem to think on a different wavelength to everyone else around me.

I simply channeled those feelings into a Google search one day, 'Im Feeling Lucky' and voila.

Latest posts

Back