New Year's Resolutions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spare

Reaction score
Here in Montana it's New Year's Eve-Day-Midmorning, and I've been thinking about my New Year's Resolutions. I have several. One is intensely private, and I intend on keeping it to myself. But as to the others, I feel that sharing them may assist me in my various quests of self-improvement:

1. I WILL get down to my target weight of 205 pounds.

2. I WILL maintain straight A's in my collegiate studies.

3. I WILL complete and attempt to sell a novel.

I would like to invite everybody else in the ALL community to share their New Year's Resolutions. I also invite everyone (including myself) to use this thread as a tool to track our progress in the pursuit of our goals throughout the year. Perhaps we can provide each other with enough motivation and encouragement to change Resolutions into Reality.

Thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Alright, I'll join in:

1. Finish college & get degree. (Just 2 more semesters! Woot!)

2. Drop about 15 more pounds (or replace with muscle).

3. (Related to #2) Run 3-5 miles every day.

4. Get a girlfriend...and maybe a better job to spoil said girlfriend with gifts and romantic dates. :p

Doesn't seem like TOO difficult a list...but for the past 4 months or so I haven't really achieved any of this, though I've been pushing myself to work toward it. We'll see if the New Year is the fresh start I need to get moving on this stuff.

----Steve

Hmm... Let me think.

1: Get good grades @ school. I have my new tests coming up 1 week after new year. But will be fine :)

2: Get a girlfriend or more good friends in general.

3: Be more outgoing (which I totally am not)

I'm not really sure how to do the above, but that's partly why I signed up on this forum to find out! :>

A: I will read more books, and read less internets.

B: I will strike up a friendship with someone I actually enjoy spending time with.

C: I will get out of my apartment more, for reasons other than buying alcohol.

D: I will be more physically active!

E: I will learn to accept that being horrendously repulsive does not mean life has to be shitty and lonely. I wan to *live*, damnit!

Since my only resolution for this last year was losing all the weight I'd gained, which I achieved -- yay! -- I think I can tackle most of these on the list. :)

Do better in college, get on top of things and stay that way until I graduate, no more of this halfassed stuff I've done for so long.
Get a job.
Get a better car because of having said job.
Learn stick so I can get said car in manual.
If I determine that lifting weights will actally result in muscle growth, since my metabolism doesn't want me to gain weight, then get a gym membership again.
Not be alone by the end of the year. I just wish the girl I love would be that person:(
oh yeah, learn to play guitar, that too:p

PieBeNice said:
1. Make a new year's resolution.

lol

1. take a nap before work
2. don't let the cat litter box spill over before it's cleaned
3. empty the vacuum cleaner bag before the motor starts smoking
4. achieve nirvana and escape the wheel of being
5. buy some socks

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
PieBeNice said:
1. Make a new year's resolution.

lol

1. take a nap before work
2. don't let the cat litter box spill over before it's cleaned
3. empty the vacuum cleaner bag before the motor starts smoking
4. achieve nirvana and escape the wheel of being
5. buy some socks

Good socks are very important.

Mine:

1. Finish the children's book now that I have an editor who has shown interest in it.

2. Finish at least one short story and submit it to a magazine for publication.

3. Win the lottery. (as if)

4. Either be happy with my body the way it is or lose the weight I regained this past year in my depression.

5. Talk to someone about the MFA in Creative Writing at the the Uni.

Latest posts

Back