Feeling so lost in life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Reaction score
This afternoon, I had a chat with my sister and she was saying she did not turn up to work today because she woke up late and then proceed to tell me how her working life sucks right now because of some management changes.

Alright, so the conversation continues and I told her what if one day I would just to feed off her and my mum (not my stepmum who is living with me currently and my dad) because I am not that enabled and still afraid of life.

She told me that to live with them, I had to actually give some living fees to my mum! :( I mean, why was I so surprised is because my mum wasn't there for us since young and we have to suffer jumping from house to house taking up spaces at disgruntled relatives until my dad decides to take me back.

I mean it's her moral duty to take care of us but she didn't and now she's trying to leech us when we are older and able to earn a living. What is this?!?!

I actually felt a sudden loss of interest in life and was struck by a fact that I might lose my aging dad, who has been helping me a lot in my life and I was wondering how do I go on if that's the case?

I might end up being homeless or get lost in my direction of life, probably always been poor since I've not been taught how to walk my life the proper way but has been spoonfed by my dad since the day I lived with him!!!

Tell me people, what should I do? I am working in a retail job currently at a ripe age of 23 this year with studies yet to be done. I might be finishing it around 24...but that's if everything goes smoothly.

I seriously do not want to end up being homeless or leading my life so hard and tough :(

you want to be a recluse and live off of other people? but cant, because they want fees? you fear your dad may die and this will change your current life as well as your future?

you sound like you dont know what it is to be dependent while struggling to be independent, so youre just associating what you feel dependency is. probably due back to childhood since you mentioned that you bummed around with relatives. youre asking for a lot though, to revert back to preteen life, and have someone support your means of living 100%. thats a big change, and i dont believe a healthy one.

i was poor, my mother never did 100% for me... it changes you some, but there are other things to focus on more. like having children of my own, or having my own company.

Ok, wait a moment. Am I reading this wrong? You are unhappy that you would have to pay board? That's not leeching off of you.. you have a duty to share in the expenses of somewhere you are living (and yes, running a house is expensive. Trust me.)

If you can hold onto a job and just have to take care of yourself, then there is no reason why you would have to live on the street. I'm not saying you will have a comfortable lifestyle, but there are many people who live independently with only a low paying job. Having the childhood you have had, I'm sure it wont be easy to suddenly step out into the world on your own, but its something you will have to do eventually.

Despite what type of parent your mother was, it is her house and you are a legal adult. After your 18, she has no obligation to provide you with shelter, food, or anything for that matter. Parents charging rent for their grown children is not an uncommon occurance, and you will be having to pay your own way the rest of your life.

Yup. I agree. Pay the rent and be happy for your mom's willingness to allow you to stay with her at all. A place is a place...and living with ur mum is going to be a lot cheaper than living on your own.

----Steve

lol seriously, take her as just another house owner and pay the rent

I'm confused, are you disabled in some way so that you can't manage on your own and have to live with others who can help you? If so, would you mind sharing the details of your disability?

I'm not handicapped in any physical ways, just my mind. I have been going to the doctors for a temporary fix for SA.

So to say, my mind and self-esteem is disabled.

Just do one thing make a goal in life and dream big. Goals, action plans, chasing, adventure fun, everything will be there. Do something for the ones, who just can't do anything for you in return, it would regain your self esteem and make you more energize.

Latest posts

Back