What should I do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Sigh*

Reaction score
Today a female coworker of mine gave me a gift card as a late Christmas present. I never asked for it in the first place, and I feel kinda guilty for taking it. And I know she isn't hitting on me or attracted to me because she's married, and even if she was I would think it wouldn't work out cause she's like 15 years older than me. Because of my poor social skills, I'm not sure if I should buy her a gift card or would just having said thanks good enough? If I buy her a gift card should I go with the same amount she game me? I just don't want to seem like an *******. Hehe, any advice would be well appreciated:p.

Nope! Just say thank you... really. What is the nature of your working relationship, is she a boss? Is she someone in the same position as you are? She may feel you deserved it and simply wanted you to know that you are appreciated. :)

Or she could be lonely in her marriage. :p Hah, not to muddle the situation, but...*shrug* it's happened. I think, however, that it may just be that she's a motherly sort of person. Did she give others gift cards?

Maybe she just realized at the last second that she hadn't given you a Christmas gift yet and wanted to make up for it. Just say thanks and put her on your gift list for next year (or nearest gift-giving holiday). No biggie! ^_^

----Steve

I think thank you is probably enough if you run out and get her somthing right away she might take it weird (she was probably just being a nice lady)

Well, she's sorta like my boss, but I really wouldn't call her that. I'm just doing some community service at a school, and she's basically my coordinator that assigns me tasks and stuff.

I don't think she gave other gift cards, at least not any of which that I know of. But I'll make sure to give her a gift next Christmas (if I still work there).

I thinks she's just being nice too. But rarely get gifts from people other then family, so I'm not sure what to do. I always assumed that I would have to receive and give.

Hehe, thanks to for the tips guys. I think might just stick with the thank you, cause going to college makes me poor.

LOL, yeah, I agree with you about that last part. Me too. :(

Kinda hard to get a girl when I can barely afford to go see a movie. XD

----Steve

*Sigh* said:
If I buy her a gift card should I go with the same amount she game me? I just don't want to seem like an *******. Hehe, any advice would be well appreciated:p.

I would guess that a sincere "thank you" is probably enough for a situation like this.

Latest posts

Back