Do you find it hard to tust people...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Sabbath

Reaction score
I do, i find i have no trust as if it's all been taken away!
I don't really know the real reason why i can't trust!
It's really hard to explain why!
I have been let down by a lot of people mostely everyone i've known through my life!

I hate to say this but if you are looking for people to let you down that's exactly what they will do. Everyone eventually at some point WILL do this. Sorry, humans fresia up, we like to stumble over cracks in the sidewalk from time to time.

Try looking at how MUCH they let you down. Like does a person do it consistently or rarely? that's how it should be measured.

I turst people about as far as I can throw them. :p
Over the years I've pretty much don't expect anything from anyone anymore.
Being in a toxic relationship really destroyed whatever trust I had left.
If people actaully do what they say they would do...then I'm grateful for that.
However I've stop making my plans around what other people say.

I'm more into trusting myself today. Following through with decisions I've made , setting my goals
and coming through for me.

I've been working on lots of trust issues. There's minimum people in my life
that I actaully count on anything to do anything for me.

There's some close friends or people in my life today that I turst enough to open
up some very intimate details to. I guess I'm picky of whom i will let into my life.
Which is fine by me at the moment. One of my closest friends has always came through
in what he said he will do. If he dosn't want to or can't..He simply will say he can't.
It's nice and simple this way. He's not perfect and he makes mistake...His life dosn't
center around mine..So I can't be making demands or whatever.
I belive he truely wants me to be happy, loves me and cares about me very much.

Yep. I've always had trust issues, and with the cheating ex I'm now finding it impossible to trust people. I'm know I can't go through life that way, but **** it's hard.

YAY OZZIE! Lol nice pic, BlackSabbath. :D

Hmmm...well, in what ways do you feel let down by people? Could you be a bit more specific about why you can't trust people? Maybe talking about it would help a little. :)

----Steve

I've learned to give people the benefit of the doubt, and to expect them to be as human and confused as I am. I suppose I trust most people at least once, and usually I'm not too hard on those that fresia up. It's important to remember that nobody can keep a secret. Everyone has someone who they trust to tell secrets to, and those trusted friends have other friends they trust to keep those secrets, and eventually everyone knows.:D

Relationships wise, I can't trust people to be faithful unless they have a near impeccable sexual history, which few have these days. Unfortunately, I don't fall for those women; the only woman I've ever been in love with had a colourful history, and probably a more colourful present given the web site I saw her on.

I tend not to trust people too easily. There are so many bad, evil people out there you can never be too careful as far as I'm concerned.

There are people I trust, and people I don't.

Ok, so the second group is FAR larger :p

I usually follow Fremen advice from Frank Herbert's Dune (paraphrasing):

"Never be in the company of a man you would not like to die with/for."

Following that one rule cuts out a bunch of the riffraff.

----Steve

After being honeysuckle on a few hundred times, I find my trust isn't what it used to be. I am trying to be better about it.

I do think there's a direct correlation between lack of trust and being lonely. Obviously you can't have close attachments if you're never able to trust anyone.

Also, your pic is kind of funny because I just finished rewatching season 1 of the Osbournes. It seems the Oz Man is everywhere.

As of this moment I really can say only one person has always had my unquestionable trust, and that is my mum. Although she has done things that hurt me in the past, she did so unknowingly and not for personal gain. She sacrificed so much of her life working to raise me as a sole parent, and for that reason I know she wouldn't hurt me on purpose.

As for everyone else in the world, well I know that individuals will ultimately do what serves them best. If placed in a desperate enough situation, they will take the path that puts them ahead, even to the detriment of others. (however the other person will not think of it that way at the time).

I do not automatically distrust everyone I meet, I trust on issues that will not affect me adversely / dramatically. If it could affect me in serious way, then I try to think of how that person could take advantage of my trust and try to protect myself as much as I can before hand to lessen any blows that might come of it (easier said than done!).

With partner relationships that can be a bit more tricky, as in my experience the first prerequisite on a girls list is "We must have complete and total trust!". But thinking about that logically, if you invest in the relationship 100% emotionally and if the relationship falls to utter pieces / your partner breaks your trust, it won't do you a lot of good to turn around and say "But we said we would have complete and total trust!". That would probably not phase them very much (relating to what I said earlier, the other person will not be thinking the same line of thought as you at the time, our brains have a deluded way of justifying our actions in moments of desperation).

Anyway, just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back