School, exams, and separation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eyael

Well, I'm in the 9th grade, and the school year is coming to an end, it ends tomorrow... Then we have one week to prepare for the exams, and after it, chose our school career (science, economics, languages...). Well, I'm confused about what to chose, really, and all my class is going to spread to the four corners of the world (well, Portugal is still a country of emmigrants). I think I'm going to lose everyone I know, except my tiny, tiny family...:(

Hi Eyael,

One way to work it is to start elminating things you DO NOT like. Then, you can start selecting perhaps the top 3 interests and then try to narrow down from there.

Thank you for giving me a new way of thinking... Today was the last school day, and the class bowed not to forget each other, and have meetings at least once per month... And by the way you shown me, I can start focusing on the future, specially the exams... Thank you very much! :shy:

I understand how you feel. I still have no clue what career path I want to follow. My courses for next year were just basically chosen by what I like or something I'm ok at. And I'm taking a bunch of classes that my friends are not taking so I'll also be lonely.

You got all the time in the world to decide what you want to be. Even if you choose something and later find out that it's not really working out, you can always change. Most people in my current class are around 30-35, there are even some over 40 years old. There's no rush ^^

Thank you all for your support! After some meditation, I think I'll follow Science and Technology. My Quemistry and Physics marks are good, so probably I'll do fine. And I can always chose more careers after the courses, like medicine and engineering...:)

Eyael said:
Thank you all for your support! After some meditation, I think I'll follow Science and Technology. My Quemistry and Physics marks are good, so probably I'll do fine. And I can always chose more careers after the courses, like medicine and engineering...:)

Anything in science and technology field is great there is tons to learn and it will always be in demand.

Eyael,

Anything in science or medicine will be an excellent choice. Many jobs, good pay. And you can work anywhere in the world if you are fluent in English.

Good luck to you!

looooool! I let that one pass by... Well, I meant science in general ;)
I'm thinking about scientific investigations, Genetics, specifically, since that's an unexplored field, and with lots of potential...

As for english... Well, what can I say? I think my writing is average, since my mom's an english teacher ^^  The downside of it is that, since I don't speak much english, I have an ''artificial'' accent XD; kinda looks like something said by Stephen Hawkings chair... But some practice will do the trick!:D

Edit: Oh, almost forgot to say! My exams turned out to be very good, so I'm definitely more motivated, and I'll study harder next school year. Even tough I have to change school and lose all my knowabouts and my only friend, I'm trying to think positively. Besides, some nice holidays will help too! ^^

P.s: Excuse me for ''all the things you don't want/have to know'', I was kinda excited... ^_^

Latest posts

Back