Where do you see yourself in ten years from now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
I'll be 32 in ten years from now and to be honest, I can't see my life being much different from what it is now unless 'God' suddenly gives me some self-confidence, better social skills and better luck.

If I'm still a virgin or even more unthinkable, still never kissed at 32 then how will people perceive me? How will I perceive myself?

My parents are the dearest people in the world to me and vice versa, but how will they perceive me if I'm still single in a decade from now?

Okay they would never admit it in front of me or anyone else, but they would be disappointed in me. It's inevitable.

22 is bad enough, but 32?? I feel like I'm sitting on a timebomb and it's about to explode.

Within 10 years i want to be published a second time or run a cafe/art gallery, but to tell the truth i'll probably just end up as an librarian. (Though i can't really complain, i'll be surrounded by the things i love)

In 10 years I hope i'll be able to look back at my lack of Social skills/ self-confidence and be amazed at how far I've come since then,
I'm kinda of an optimist, but it's what keeps me sane. =)

Don't beat yourself down so hard cuz of bad relationship skills, I always used to do that, but it never helped me improved my chances. You just have to believe that there's always a special someone out there, if you put on the losing mentality nothing's going to change!

For optimistic inspiration, look at my signature =/

Your parents wouldn't be disappointed IN you if that happened, they'd be saddened FOR you, because they wouldn't be able to understand why people couldn't see what they do in you - that being what a wonderful person you are. :)
But I doubt you'll still be single or never been kissed by that time. You just need to boost your confidence up and get out there to meet people!
You've got to go to the shop to buy the lottery ticket afterall if you want to win the lottery, so to speak. :D

In ten years time I see myself:

-> Hopefully I would have finished writing my book by then, which would be such a major achievement for me.

-> Decided whether I want to go into social work or become a mental health nurse and hopefully made some steps to try get into either one of those.

-> Been travelling to at least 1 or 2 places surely

-> Have loved someone else at least once (even if it was to be lost)

-> Maybe have a relationship going

-> Hopefully tried out sex with a girl

-> Oooh and got a pet doggy finally! :)

Living somewhere in Europe, having finished my travels (5 out of 100 countries currently) with a big ass album detailing each trip, working in some sort of physics related lab.

Here's the catch. 2 years ago this answer would have included "along with my partner".

fresia.

D

Just thinking about it freaks me out. I have no idea but probably the worst is waiting for me.

kelbo: lol try sex with a girl? Curious? ;)

Sanal: Hah I doubt it. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

----Steve

I don't know. I really don't. I'm currently living a life that I don't think was meant for me. Not my social issues, that's mine, I own that... that part was probably meant for me, ha.

I want to be living in New Orleans with my dog...who will be almost 14 then... :( Maybe I'll have a child finally and I haven't decided yet if my current husband will still be in the picture... I'll be pushing 40 in 10 years. I hope I have figured out a way to feel love and satisfaction. I hope that I have added a tremendous amount to my poetry and I hope that I have learned to take better photographs and mastered a photo editing program. I don't want much. I just want love and happiness.

I don't know what job I'll be working, maybe the same one as now so I would have hit maximum pay which isn't too bad where I work. I don't know where I'll be living, hopefully in my own place. I don't know if I'll be married or have kids then. I just want someone to love and be with, I hope to have that by then, the other stuff doesn't matter as much lol.

I will be 37 in 10 years time, ouch...

*starts dreaming*

I will still be working as a software engineer, but it will be as an A.I. programmer for Bungee or Blizzard over in the states! Working with the latest, coolest technology to make the next realistic, immersive time-sink that will engulf a new generation of youth.

Not that I would really like to live in the states. Its all the guns... I don't like guns... Australia doesn't allow its citizens to be armed without reason, so usually people just beat each other with blunt objects if they feel that angry, and everyone kinda lives afterward. :D

But come on... who would turn down offers to companies like that.

hmmmm...in ten years time i will be *cough* 42!!! uugghhh.... I HOPE to have found true love, and have started a family. This may not be every woman's dream... but I would abosulty love to be a stay at home mom...with plenty of time to devote to a family of my own. I don't care where I am living, as long as I am near good people, and a loving community. *sigh* crossing my fingers that this will happen for me someday.

Badjedidude said:

Haha nothing wrong with being curious...I'm neither straight nor gay; I just am. If you like someone you like them, doesn't matter whether they've got an inny or an outy. :p

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time then Tebone ;)

kelbo said:
Badjedidude said:

Haha nothing wrong with being curious...I'm neither straight nor gay; I just am. If you like someone you like them, doesn't matter whether they've got an inny or an outy. :p

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time then Tebone ;)

I just had to smile when I read this comment. First time I've smiled in days, actually. :)

LOL Inny or outy...Hmmmm...well, I guess I'm different, Kelly. :p I'm not compatible with everyone, because a goodly portion of the fact that I would be interested in a woman is BECAUSE she's a woman. I could love a dude and think he's totally awesome...but I would never be able to be sexually excited/interested in him because I just don't find guys sexually attractive. *shrug* lol

In ten years time, I will be:

1. Graduated from college! Yay!
2. Possibly in the military...it depends on some things.
3. Perhaps finish at least ONE of the books I'm working on.
4. Girlfriend/fiance plz? o_o

Other than that, I have no real definite plans. I guess I'll just play things by ear and see where I end up. Who knows? Maybe I'll become King of Africa or something. Hey, it can happen.

----Steve

In 10 years' time I'll be 51. Holy honeysuckle.

I am hoping that the decade of my 40s will be the decade in which I lift myself back up and feel as successful and empowered as I used to in my 20s. I've gone through a lot in my 30s - my goal is to see that i've learned from it and realize that I am way stronger than I usually give myself credit for.

So, by 51 I will have been published several times; perhaps I'll have completed an MFA in Creative Writing. Also I will be totally financially independent and won't have to rely on alimony to survive.

I'd love to travel again, but with kids and the restrictions of joint-custody, I don't know how likely that is.

It wold be nice to be in a relationship with someone, but I will never again bend over backwards to make sacrifices to accommodate someone else. That's all I did in my 30s, and where did it get me? With a husband who left me for a home-wrecking whore. fresia that.

CAS said:
I just had to smile when I read this comment. First time I've smiled in days, actually. :)

I'm glad I could be of service. :p

Badjedidude said:
LOL Inny or outy...Hmmmm...well, I guess I'm different, Kelly. :p I'm not compatible with everyone, because a goodly portion of the fact that I would be interested in a woman is BECAUSE she's a woman. I could love a dude and think he's totally awesome...but I would never be able to be sexually excited/interested in him because I just don't find guys sexually attractive. *shrug* lol

In ten years time, I will be:

1. Graduated from college! Yay!
2. Possibly in the military...it depends on some things.
3. Perhaps finish at least ONE of the books I'm working on.
4. Girlfriend/fiance plz? o_o

Haha I am interested in a woman because she is a woman....and I am interested in a man because he is a man. I love both genders. Both have beautiful points and not-so-beautiful points.

Though boobs do rule. So I can see why you'd only just like women...though thinking about it now guys do have a wang which they can wiggle about. So hmmm, tough call! :p

In all seriousness, how many books are you actually working on at once?

Latest posts

Back