Free Hugs Campaign

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremi

Reaction score
To anyone who haven't heard about this, check their website

http://www.freehugscampaign.org/

I think the idea of this is pure brilliance, and the guy who created it is truly a great person. Something that simple can spread so much joy. It's absolutely amazing

Check the forums. There's people all over the world doing this. If you want to do it, I'm sure there's someone around your area that you can join. I decided to try it out tomorrow. Made a sign and all. I'm doing it alone, so I'm pretty **** nervous. But if hugs are the results of it, it's worth it! ^^b

View attachment 6View attachment 5

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2148.jpg
    IMG_2148.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
I got hugged in the street, today! It was a selfelss act wich i admire... So i offered to have the sign and do it on to another, to carry on the cicle :D

Jeremy,

Thanks for posting this. I like the idea. However, as a female I'd be a bit nervous of being groped!

I'm in support of free and random hugs as long as those receiving them want them (hugging strangers on the street might be a little creepy).

I think it's all voluntary. The person holds up a sign which says 'Free Hugs' and people can approach if they need a hug.

Hey, I can always use a hug! Hugs are good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs are good! I really think that people who need hugs really bad are old folks. Imagine being in an old folk's home, with no one visiting you....how lonely, how much you'd be in need of some nice hugs, affection, smiles, and kind words.

I would like to get a therapy pet and take it into the old folks homes and sick people at hospitals just to cheer them up!

That started in Sydney didn't it? And then the council tried to have him banned from giving free hugs in the mall, but it didn't work.

Blue Sky,

How DARE they say no free hugs? Some people are lonely and really need a hug! I want a free hug!

That's so cool. Too bad the people in my small town would think I was insane. No one walks around here anyway.

I saw the video on youtube a while ago. :)

Jeremi said:
I decided to try it out tomorrow. Made a sign and all. I'm doing it alone, so I'm pretty **** nervous. But if hugs are the results of it, it's worth it! ^^b
How did it go? :p

A good friend of mine did this and said it was the greatest experience he ever had, best of luck =)

a-big-hug.jpg

I like the 'Free Hugs' idea, but I'd be too much of a scaredy-cat to just hug a random person. I was bought up in a family where hugging was kind of an 'alien' thing. The wife of one of my former friends used to try to hug me whenever she saw me but I'd just get all hunched and stiff, it was just so odd to me, I couldnt hug back. And now I wish I would have made the most of it, I could do with a hug every now and then!

*hugs everyone here over the internet*
I do that a lot I think, but it doesn't really make anyone feel better to hug them over the internet. Not that I'd know, I only get them in response to my hugs...
I used to not be able to hug people but I had a few great friends teach me how. Now I give hugs to those who need them. But again, mostly online. Oh well... I might do that thing some time. I could get a few friends to go too. It looks like a worthwhile way to spend my time. Deffs.
*hugs everyone over the internet again*
feel better, LonelyLifers.

Qui said:
I do that a lot I think, but it doesn't really make anyone feel better to hug them over the internet. Not that I'd know, I only get them in response to my hugs...
I used to not be able to hug people but I had a few great friends teach me how. Now I give hugs to those who need them. But again, mostly online. Oh well... I might do that thing some time. I could get a few friends to go too. It looks like a worthwhile way to spend my time. Deffs.

It definitely makes me feel better! I appreciate it.
*hugs over the internet back at ya*

broken_girl said:
Qui said:

It definitely makes me feel better! I appreciate it.
*hugs over the internet back at ya*

well thank you! it's great to know my hugs aren't seen as like, creepy or anything. It's great that it helps, even if only a little :) :) :) :) :) hugs are awesome.
*hugs everyone everyone again over the internet because hugs are awesome, like chocolate except free*

Latest posts

Back