I watched 'Philadelphia' last night.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
I wish I hadn't bothered as I now feel totally and utterly depressed.

Did it have this effect on anyone else on here?

It's a good film. Certainly not an upbeat one however; a comedy would be better to improve your mood.

Oh my mum used to harp on about that all the time. Still to see the actual film but got the soundtrack and its got some really good tracks! Neil Young wrote a song called Philadelphia, Springsteen wrote Streets Of Philadelphia and Spin Doctors did a cover of John Fogerty's 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain' which was a particular highlight.

The Neil Young song was the thing that attracted me to it. I knew vaguely what the film was about but nothing prepared me for how grim it actually was. Don't watch it if you're upset easily.

And Steel, maybe you're right.

The soundtrack was amazing. The move was one I enjoyed as well. I enjoyed the message, as well as the acting. Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington are favorites of mine. I also enjoy movies that are based on real life events, so while this one was infinitely sad, it was also one of my favorites.

Latest posts

Back