Bored with life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porman

Reaction score
Nothing really excites me anymore.

I feel stuck... stuck in a small town that everyone left as soon as they finished school. My work requires me to stay in this town, and If I leave, I leave all my work behind, meaning I need to start from scratch. I have never gotten a job for myself, I fail interviews that hard its embarrassing. My dad gave me the job I have now....

I dont like the people here. I have one good friend thats living here for now but he like everyone else wants out and if he left id lose it. I used to like going out to the pub/club, but now its really not doing a whole lot for me.

I just cant stand this place anymore, yet I dont know how I will cope moving out of home in an area I know no one. Im 21 and still with my parents :S

I'm starting to not care about alot of things, not care about people. If I dont like someone I just wipe them and have nothing to do with them.

I dont even know why im typing this, because I wouldnt know why anyone would want to read this...

I guess im just not happy with who I am and how I have approached life, and feel I will never change.

There's nothing wrong with living in your childhood small town. I live in a town that has a population of about 3,500...and the most exciting nightlife can be found at the bowling alley or by the old clock-tower in the square. It's not that bad, really. A creative person can always find ways to make things interesting.

Haha and don't feel bad about failing interviews. I failed a Wal-Mart application once by saying that I thought it was OK to steal from a company that I worked for. :p

It sounds like you need a change. My opinion: Either suck it up and appreciate the life you have, or balls up and head out on your own. I'll tell ya, there's nothing as liberating or amazing as realizing that mommy and daddy are too far away to help if you screw up. Yeah, it's scary for that first year or so, but it gets a lot easier as you start to fully appreciate your new-found freedom of...

...LIVING ALONE! :D If you really want to start your life fresh, I'd say go ahead and move out. (Be sure to save up a few G's first, though...for living expenses while you find a job in your new city, etc.) My point is this: You're not going to magically "change" and gain a new outlook on life by just sitting around hoping that a "change" will come.

You have to make it happen, and there's no better way to make it happen than to stick your neck out and live "dangerously" (read: on your own) a bit.

----Steve

Well my dad has given me his business, and if i move il sacrifice all my clients. I just havnt been having the best few days, Il just suck it up, save some cash and see where I can take my life :)

Porman said:
Well my dad has given me his business, and if i move il sacrifice all my clients. I just havnt been having the best few days, Il just suck it up, save some cash and see where I can take my life :)

Hmn looks like you might be running from your problems.

You feel stuck and as though your problems cant be fixed. Might be because you arent looking at them straight-on.

I know for me it took a confrontation where I broke down crying over my issue that I had run from for so long to actually...enact change within me.

Minimization of a problem can be a form of you running away from it.

Just something to think about.

I know what it's like being stuck in a small town believe me it's isolating. My entertainment was the local pub but that gets old very fast.

I think Steve gave great advice. I moved to another smaller town but had my cousins as company so life wasn't that bad after a while.

I say fly the coop and go to the city, you might have regrets and resentment being stuck where you are now.

I'm the same with interviews, I'm a poor communicator you'r not alone on that.

Latest posts

Back