I want to be a more positive thinker

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mr. Sir

I'm taking a break from another forum I post on, geared towards a loveshy/incel nature, because it has merely become a filled with 30-something fat angry virgins who live in their parent's basement. They are nasty as hell, and have basically told me to give up on women and personal development.

One guy on the forum said that whenever a guy (who is not a sexy, jacked, bad-boy type) talks to a woman, the woman feels the same way someone would feel when a smelly dirty hobo asks you for money. Is that actually true?

I want to be a positive thinker, but I have too much negative thinking. I have to admit, I am angry as hell all of the time and I don't even know why. I feel so ******* incompetant. I'm doing everything in my ******* power to improve (martial arts class, weightlifting, Guardian Angels) but I'm still scared to death of talking to women.

I feel like most good-looking women see me as worthless because I'm not a fraternity guy, or dont have enough of a wangster/skater punk look to me (backwards hat, diamong earings, tattoos, walks cocky, talks honeysuckle) I know most of the girls on this forum probably think I'm saying this to get a reaction, but I'm not. This is honestly how I feel, and I feel like I have lost immediately when compared to those guys. Honestly, what woman would chose someone who could bench 150 if she could have a guy who could bench 250?

This isn't just about women. I feel intimidated all the time. I feel like people look at me like a monkey. I think Americans and kids my age (college) are nasty and mean-spirited as a general rule. I do have alot of friends from my church, but because they're not "cool-looking" like the people I described in the paragraph above, I feel like people look down on me when they see me with them. I know anyone who is "attractive" (male or female) has a right to be a dick to me whenever they want (and I have observed this from brief encounters, like asking for directions and such)

I know everyone here is gonna say "stop focusing on a girl" but I'm going to be 21 in five months. I can only get so much older without being branded a piece of honeysuckle by females, and my parents are going to start thinking I'm as queer as a three ******* dollar bill. My thinking can't afford to get anymore messed.

I am trying really hard to get rid of this thinking, so I am going to take a break from the other forum. Everyone here seems alot more mature and that they have alot more going on. I was at an event with my church last night, and there were actually alot of good-looking girls there, and believe it or not, they interacted with slightly nerdy guys. There were even some really confident nerds. And everyone was just happy. I wish I could have that happiness. I'm so sick of feeling angry and incompetent and powerless and disgusting. But I honestly, and I'm not saying this to offend, can't look at a good-looking girl without assuming that she's a nasty or mean-spirited person, even though I have had experiences that prove otherwise.

Hopefully if I make myself stay away from that other ******* forum for a week I will feel better.

One guy on the forum said that whenever a guy (who is not a sexy, jacked, bad-boy type) talks to a woman, the woman feels the same way someone would feel when a smelly dirty hobo asks you for money. Is that actually true?

Hahah nope.

I feel like most good-looking women see me as worthless because I'm not a fraternity guy, or dont have enough of a wangster/skater punk look to me

They don't. That's just your biased opinion of yourself shining through. Only the most shallow, sorority-kitch girls would think like that.

I know anyone who is "attractive" (male or female) has a right to be a dick to me whenever they want (and I have observed this from brief encounters, like asking for directions and such)

No one has a "right" to treat you like that. But are you sure they're treating you like honeysuckle or are they just being indifferent and you are percieving that indifference as disdain? It sounds like you don't have a very high opinion of yourself. If you're down on yourself like that then much of your perception of interaction with others is going to be tinged with that bitterness and self-loathing.

I doubt that every "attractive" person treats you like honeysuckle. I believe that you feel like they do, but they most likely don't. That sort of negative view of yourself if definitely poisonous, so I'm glad you've decided to stay away from that other forum! I think you might find a more positive, helpful attitude here. Welcome to the site, btw. :D

----Steve

Good job on getting out of that forum.. sounds like it was a serious setback for you. I sincerely believe you should never give in to the massive stereotypical beliefs unsuccessful males or females have established. You don't need to appeal to the majority to actually appeal to someone. There's always more people down the road that may share insterests with you, leading to strong friendships or even love interests.

You just need to be a bit... creative. Next time you're in a church event, take a gamble man. You sound desperate, so why not take a risk and ask one of those girls out? or at least try to establish a conversation. It's ok if you plan what you're gonna say, all guys do that at one point or the other.

btw, "cool" kids are only "cool" cause you work yourself up to believe that. They definitely aren't better or worse than you, so don't get pushed around.

The guy before me made some good points so i have nothing to add except: Man up, drink some machorade, start taking risks with people (girls or not), it will pay off eventually.

I can relate to you so I really want to see you succeed in life!

D

lmao, jedi, he's been around longer than you have. :p

And good luck on the change, Socrates. :)

I read an article about the inner vioce. I followed the instructions and it actaully worked for me.
I became more aware of my negative inner vioce...bacailly I just replaced the negative vioce with
positive one.

I do a simple methdoe of just letting go of my negative thinking.
I work the Sedona methdoe. It's been very helpful to me in other aspect of my life.
I'm mostly in a state of peace for the most part,now.

I also listen to audio affermations during work or when I'm jogging.
Lots and lots of positive re-enforcements. It's helping alot too.
Notice myself being morfe positive or I'll catch myself in my old negative thoughts.
I'll either let go or I'll remember the positive affermations that i listened to.

I also listen to another audio program. It works in the same way as the other audio files.
I just catch myself faster and faster or it's habit or natural for me to think possitve

Kind of like giving my mind a work out I guess..
I started working those programs or listing to those audio program at the begining of last summer.
I notice great improvements within a month.
I still listen to them today.

Women...I'm not afraid of women. I love women.
Actaully i love Michelle very much. I'm not afriad of letting her know.
I had sex with her plenty of times already... but that's not the piont.

Yeah..I'm done of living in fears too..

mmm..I don't really give a rats ass what people think about me :p

Dwi said:
You just need to be a bit... creative. Next time you're in a church event, take a gamble man. You sound desperate, so why not take a risk and ask one of those girls out? or at least try to establish a conversation. It's ok if you plan what you're gonna say, all guys do that at one point or the other.

Dont call me desperate please, but the thing I fear is stalking accusations and girls telling other girls honeysuckle about me.

Man up, drink some machorade, start taking risks with people (girls or not), it will pay off eventually.

lol, i like this attitude.

Latest posts

Back