Question...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Sabbath

Reaction score
Do you feel Jealous sometimes when you see people who are not lonely?
Sometimes i do...
My husband has lots of friends, so does my sister, she has girly nights in/out, goes for meals with her friends etc, i don't get any of that!

When my Dad passed away last year my sister phoned me and said how much flowers, cards and support she had from her friends, how people were calling in to see her everyday for weeks..

Me no one came to visit me, ask how i was, i did get 3 sympathy cards but that was from online friends who i have never met!
At my Dad's funeral my sister had lots of friends there hugging her, giving her so much support and no one came to help me through it!

Don't know if it is jealousy or just feeling sorry for myself but those few days made me realise how much of a loner i am

Sometimes I do.... both envy and self pitty. So I don't trip out on it. It passes. Sometimes faster, other times slower.

I stopped beating up on myself and I also stopped comparing myself to other people.
It helps me...I catch myself faster and faster.

It's was a cycle. By allowing myself to accept embrace and observe what i was going through
I recognize the signs and experince sometype of mental and emotional bottom.

Just like my depression or anxieties...I'll get depressed or have anxiety attacks without a perticular reason.
It is also through these times that I've learn and practice to be gental and have compassion for myself.
It passes..sometimes quickly, other times slowely.

Ultimately I knew it was my chioce for being in that state of being. The paradox of that is...it would be also
my chioce to get myself out of that. No one can fix me...and I don't really want to be fixed by anyone
becuase i don't like to be controlled.

I've learn many living tools or coping skills over the years for my anxeity and depression.
I've chosen to not used medications...becuase that route didn't trun out too healthy for me.

Bascailly, I'll either embrace my thoughts and feeling for whatever they are. I don't aynalize it or try to figure
them out....
Or I'll just let go of my depressive thoughts and feelings.

it gets me to the same place...Peace and serenity. It's bascailly meditation techniques, but I practice it
during my day and other aspect of my life.

It just takes practice to break my habits or cycle of thinking.
Changes didn't happened over night...however I notice improvments within months.

yes i get so very envious

I despise loud groups of friend chatting being obnoxious, people talking loudly on their cell phones with their friends

*hugs black sabbath*

It bothers me sometimes watching people interact and make it look so easy. I'm jealous to tell the truth, wondering how they mangage. To see them laugh, joke and share without fear of betrayal or rejection. To have others there when you need them. But most of all, them never being the after thought... They are content knowing loneliness will pass and thats what gets me the most. They don't focus on it... well most of them.

i used to a lot more than i do now..

not only those people that looked like they had lots of friends, but all the better looking, smarter, more talented, more interesting people as well..

now i spend the vast majority of my time alone and i live in an apartment complex where the people living upstairs have company/parties regularly and it doesn't bother me.. i wondered why?

maybe i am getting older and the jealousy just kind of faded through time, maybe i also notice other people that DONT have lots of people around them and i no longer think that having lots of friends is the only way to live, maybe because the times in my life when i was surrounded by people didn't really make me all that happy and spending time alone works quite well for me, maybe i remember the responsibilities and duty involved with maintaining bonds with people regularly was pretty tiring and i didn't feel like there was enough 'pay-off' for ME..

so i accepted myself and my lifestyle and don't really care so much if other people have lots of people in their lives.. good for them :) enjoy...

I'm in the same situation with my brother and sister, they've got friends coming out of their ears. I'm definately the odd one out.

I don't feel jealous I feel more sorry for myself more than anything, and will just get myself depressed. I must of done something wrong to deserve this.

I told my father about this, he was in the same situation as me as a child/teenager/adult, but he said that I can't judge myself based on what my siblings have.

Still hurts though.

I have friends but...hardly ever around. And when it comes time for the weekend, or when I'd like to go out, I can never seem to really scrape anything together since everyone's always busy, or others have moved away, or they don't like what I'd like to do, etc. It's frustrating, especially when I see other people who have a bunch of people who will practically jump to when that person even says just about anything. v_v

Estreen said:
It's frustrating, especially when I see other people who have a bunch of people who will practically jump to when that person even says just about anything. v_v

those people that others flock to keep a juicy stick of beef jerky in their back pockets.. the punters can't resist :D

Sabbath, I feel ya. yes I do indeed get jealous. Seeing something I don't have always make me turn green. Love, friendship, nachos. The list goes on.

Yes, and more poignant to me is that I never see anyone getting rejected like I do.

Latest posts

Back