Hi everybody; I just registered here!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisais52

Reaction score
Hi everybody, ;)

I'm up late because I'm not sleepy at the moment and I can't go to bed until I'm sleepy enough. It's early Sunday morning and I was thinking about going to church. I think about going to church but I never get around to going. I thought about going to the Mormon church because they are friendly people but then earlier tonight I was thinking about the huge crowd of people who would probably be there. And then I knew I would have the nerve to go by myself there. :shy: I knew I wouldn't be able to face all those people. Although I've ran into LDS Mormon missionaries in the past months lots of times. I actually did make it to this little church not far from where I live one Sunday night. But I never got around to calling the pastor for a ride; I never got around to going back. That was about a month ago.

I moved to this city in KY from IL where I lived for 31 yrs. My younger adult son and I moved here. We've been here 2 years and we have been kind of disappointed. It's very similar to where we use to live except it's bigger. I know I moved here for all the wrong reasons yet I am happy I left where I use to live.

Anyways I don't have friends and I'm very lonely and unhappy. My son and I spend allot of time on the internet, however, soon we won't have a computer or internet because of money problems. We struggle to get by financially every month. But we make due; things could be allot worse.

I come from a dysfunctional family and still have troubles there. I'm close to both of my sons; the one still resides in IL. He likes it there. I talk to him (my older son) on the phone. I talk to my former boyfriend (who's now more of a friend) on the phone; we spent much time together before I left IL 2 years ago. He ended up moving back to N IL.

So my son and I go out and do things together daily but all we have is each other. We are both lonely but we are shy people. My son chats allot with people online. I rarely chat with people online but I've made websites, animated movies, slide-shows, videos and other neat stuff online.

But I'm miserable. I watch movies and soaps of people having happy lives like dinner parties, other parties and family gatherings. I don't have these things in my life. I live a very lonely life.:( I also watched a movie called "Jane Eyre" and realized how much love and romance would mean to me.

Well sorry I wrote so much.

Any ideas on how I could change my life for the better?

thanks,

Hey, welcome to the site! :D

I'm sorry about your situation...I hope you find something here that will help you get on the road toward a better place in life! Have a good day!

----Steve

No real ideas, but welcome to the forum.

Badjedidude said:
Hey, welcome to the site! :D

I'm sorry about your situation...I hope you find something here that will help you get on the road toward a better place in life! Have a good day!

----Steve

I have 2 many irons in the fire as far as the internet goes so I'd forgotten about this site and I came across it today while searching the word "lonely". I tried to register again but it said I was already registered so here I am!

Oh by the way responders - a late thanks for your welcome and a late thank you for the jokes.

Thank you Steve for the above comforting thoughts; I appreciate them!
:)

Thanks all of you for the "welcomes"; I was going to reply to each of you but my computer is running a little slow. I'm sorry I've not been to this site in a long while. I'm happy I found it again!

Daaaaamn, welcome? :D

lol I wasn't even here in 2010... Reverse welcoming? o.o

Latest posts

Back