Is it easier being female?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

I am in no way stirring anything here, it's just an honest question.

To me it appears easier, because women get approached all the time by both sexes. I definitely see it on forums, mildly attractive females get lots of attention. The woman I used to talk a lot too got a bf, she was approached on facebook. It's not like you should just accept any frinedship or relationship, but women can be so much more picky.

It is hardly easier being a female...if you're unattractive. The same for men.
Attractive people - men or women - have better luck in the dating world when it comes to drawing people in.

Yhea I've kinda pondered on that question as well. Any ladies in here that can answer?:p

It's a common misconception.

Men are usually looking for attractive woman, where woman usually care less about looks and want a caring man who can make them feel special.
I think they have it equally hard if not harder because you can't tell how a person is from the inside by just looking at them.
The "nice" guys usually have the lowest self-esteem and/or self-confidence making them even harder to find.

For woman its easier to find any partner yes BUT they will have a much harder time finding what they truly want.

I see a lot of guys here being upset for being a virgin and all, but they will be the ones having happy families in 10 years.

Yuh-oh. CODE 4! CODE 4!

"Sweeping generalizations" again! The women of this forum are coming, guys...and I can already tell you they're not gonna like this. :p

It's not "easier" for either sex. Case closed.

----Steve

Sigh. Here we go again.

How would anyone, with the possible exception of Tiresias, know? :p

I'm a woman. I don't find it easy at all. My male friend moans about it being easier for girls but if it is I don't have a share in that.

The reason may be that I used to have really bad acne and very low confidence. It's healed up now and I don't think I am bad-looking, but if any guy looks at me I run a mile. I am kind of a social avoidant. Also they are normally guys I do not find at all attractive, or who are only hitting on me cos they themselves are frustrated.

I think it is easier for me to talk to a woman than it would be for an unattractiive man but not as easy as if I was a hot guy. lol

You are right to say women are pickier, that is a fascinating fact which research has established. This is because they have a lot more at stake. Their subconscious instinct tells them they might get pregnant (even if you use a condom). Pregnancy is a huge biological investment and (subconsciously) they don't want to be left 'holding the baby'. So they are programmed to care more about choosing a man who is committed, healthy, and has good genes and temperament. Even if they don't consciously want to marry you and have your babies. They are also putting themselves in a position of trust with a physically stronger person which requires them to suss you out a bit more.

Unfair but true.

I don't see how it is a sweeping generalization when he had made it clear it's an honest 'question'

I was just crackin' a joke..

..but IMHO, it's not a very good question. As Steel said, there's no one (aside from Greek myths) who can really answer a question like that.

----Steve

*shrug* Sorry, guys. I just think it's a dumb Q.

If the OP wanted a debate, he should have posted this in "Up For Debate." Because I really can't see how anyone could definitively answer this. People could give personal opinions, perhaps...but you're just going to end up having people arguing over it.

troubled: No offense, it's just my opinion.

----Steve

*can't take any more confrontationalist posts*

I really can't. Everyone needs to chill.

o_0 I am chill, Mistress Sophia, honest!

I wasn't saying any of that in anger or contention. I think it's a dumb Q; that doesn't mean I'm saying troubled is dumb or something, lol. I mean come on, I ask dumb questions/say dumb things all the time.

Peace, everybody...no angers.

----Steve

Well lol I don't know. I just felt it like a question really coming form his heart as it says 'being a female' rather than 'women have it easy'. I know its just a play with words but it just sounds kinda really honest now.

Fair enough, I suppose...though I still think that part is hard to respond to.

So I'll weigh in on a different part of the post:

I agree that women can be fairly picky. I think that what hellyjellybean makes a bit of sense, though I can't say for sure cuz I'm a guy. It just does seem sometimes that men tend to be more willing to jump at a chance with women (well, desperate guys like me, anyway :p)...and women sometimes do seem a bit more picky. Maybe it does have something to do with maternal/parenting instincts, I dunno.

----Steve

To tell the truth I don't know entirely so maybe I shouldn't post but. Why would there be so many guys who have been alone and lonely all their lives compared to not as many women. I'm talking about people who have never ever had a chance of any person being attracted to them. Guys constantly get overlooked I guess because you wouldn't see so many fricken posts of one posting how they have always always been alone. Just add it up and you will see that it is constantly guys whining about it and hardly ever women although I do know there are women suffering from the same thing :/. It is extremely rare to find a woman in their 20's or beyond that suffer from being alone their whole lives never having a chance or been approached by a guy. This world seems to be getting more and more visual every day so maybe a lot more people are destined to die alone never have been loved. I'll just blame myself though because I'm far to negative,ugly,or whatever else I am.

I agree with Jedi - right down to the generalisations comment. What else could a question like that achieve in an answer? You are immediately going to make a sweeping statement about a specific gender. I won't say here what it's like to be a woman.. because, guess what? I don't know. Not really. No man can, any more than any woman can truly know what it's like to be a man.

But the thing is.. I don't truly know what it's like to be any man other than myself either.

Oh, and +10 points for Jedi for understanding the reference ;)

I think it's a good question, Steel is right that no one can really answer it though...

but it is still worth talking about and getting people's opinions.

In my humble opinion... women have it a lot easier. If I was a guy.. I have no idea how I would approach a woman.. that being said.. I still think that every guy out there can find the right person.

In my experience.. as a girl... the guys who hit on you are not worth much.. they hit on everyone! The guys who dont hit on you for months and months and actually get to know you.. they are nice.. and who you can build a life with.

So in the end the truth is AS A GUY YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HIT ON A GIRL. You just need to be honest.. get to know someone, then eventually sum up the courage to risk it all and tell them :p

Girls also need courage.. it takes two people with courage to make a relationship work.. both will risk a lot at different times.. so if you see things like that

girls and guys have equal chances at being HAPPY relationship wise.
Girls have an easier time getting a partner; yes! But the chances that she will be happy with him... are the same as a guy finding happiness.

Many guys may be unhappy alone.. just as many girls are unhappy with cheating, lying, troublesome mates.

tis part of what i think..of the top of my head..
Good question..

I'm not a female so I cant really know, but I dont see any reason why it would be easier to be a female.

I don't agree with the statement that females are less picky when it comes to physical appearances though. In general females may value an emotional connection more than guys, but I think females desire a fit, good looking guy just as much as guys are attracted to good looking women. If you aren’t what society deems physically attractive then I don’t think its any easier for guys to find a female partner.

Latest posts

Back