oarivan goes clean

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oarivan

Yes indeedy, I am attempting to rid myself of drugs, tobacco and alcohol (well I can still have one glass a week, can't I?). I have toyed with the idea of starting my own blog but why waste my own server's resources when I can waste ALL's.

So begins my journey.

Day 1: Thanks for the pep talk shells.

Day 2: My desire to kill Zak grows greater.

Uh-ohhh...sober oar. Can the world handle such a thing?

Good luck on it, man...seriously! :)

----Steve

idle said:
Mind mailing me your drugs then?

You do realize its not easy mailing drugs. Sure LSD can go through the mail ok, possibly E but ....see now you've got me thinking about such things.

I'm so proud of you, Oar. You are brave for taking this huge step.
It's not going to be easy, but you can get through this. Just take
one day at a time.

It might be very inspiring if you blogged your thoughts on ALL.
Maybe make a blog about it with a link in your sig? Just a
suggestion. I'll read it as long as I'm allowed to. :)

PS -
Have you talked to a doctor about this? They might be able to help so the cravings aren't overwhelming... Stopping cold-turkey can be very discouraging if you are bombarded by the constant cravings. Some people can stop cold turkey without problems - but everyone is different. A doctor might really be able to help you with some advice and alternatives. That's also just a suggestion, though.

Oar I too am VERY VERY proud of you. GO OAR! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

be forewarned this will take much sacrifice. THe question you have to ask yourself is "how much do I want this? And what am I willing to give up to obtain this?"

Good luck Oar. :)

good job Oar..hang in there. A blog would be a very helpful thing for your progress..you should think about it. again..good job.

Day 3: My desire to hurt Zak grows greater. I find myself turning into a nasty person. Losing patience with stupid questions. I'm snapping at people a lot. It's only day 3 but I've got got phantom smoke syndrome. I find myself reaching for a nonexistent pack.

Keep going oar. You can break one of Zak's arms on day 30 as a reward, I'm sure he won't mind :p

Day 4: Had a drink, almost gave up on the whole thing. Since I didn't explicitly state that I'm going cold turkey on the booze, I'm still holding on.

Call me a cheat if you'd like.

Latest posts

Back