new, nervous, and not very good at alliteration

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poe's Prodigy

Reaction score
Hello, everybody.

[/font]I am ashamed to say that I am a 15 year old girl living in the suburbs. Unfortunately, I am mature enough to realize how blatently sterotypical this is. I feel like I'm twice my age most of the time, actually, so that automatically ejects me from high school society.

Anyways, I love music (all genres), reading (once again, all genres, though I hold a special place in my heart for JK Rowling and Orson Scott Card), and, as my username might suggest, poetry. I absolutely love poetry, and my biggest hope is that I might get published someday.

I just found this site, and so far it seems to be full of wonderful people. I hope that I will get to know some of you better (all of you seems a bit far-fetched), and that I'll find some good discussions and better friends.

lol I have one question for you:

Do you like Edgar Allen Poe? I've read almost all of his works :)

Welcome to our forum. You write beautifully. I can tell you have a very large intellect for your age which I'm impressed by.

what do you mean by far-fetched?? >_> Like we're too good to be true or what? :p

Hey poe's prodigy welcome to the forum it's a very cool name :)

you should post some of your poetry here I'd love to see it sometime

:)

Welcome to the forum :)

Poe said:
Hello, everybody.

[/font]I am ashamed to say that I am a 15 year old girl living in the suburbs. Unfortunately, I am mature enough to realize how blatently sterotypical this is. I feel like I'm twice my age most of the time, actually, so that automatically ejects me from high school society.

Anyways, I love music (all genres), reading (once again, all genres, though I hold a special place in my heart for JK Rowling and Orson Scott Card), and, as my username might suggest, poetry. I absolutely love poetry, and my biggest hope is that I might get published someday.

I just found this site, and so far it seems to be full of wonderful people. I hope that I will get to know some of you better (all of you seems a bit far-fetched), and that I'll find some good discussions and better friends.

you sound like a cool person :)
welcome to the forum, and oh, yes, your literature choices are awesome :D

(hugs) and welcome :D

Welcome, Prodigy. :D Haha you're not a stereotype at all. I think you'll find plenty of welcoming people on this site.

----Steve

Hey there and welcome. I've read some of Orson Scott Card, but none of J.K Rowling. I need to...

I also love poetry.

My age is weird as well. I am 18, but it seems strange like I should be both younger, I don't know how I got to be this old, and also seems like I should be much older. Sometimes it's like i don't even have an age.

Give me a message sometime i'd love to get to know you too.

Wow! Lots of responses... I'm just going to try a person-by-person response method. This is actually the first time I've written on a forum, so I'm not quite sure what the proper etiquette is. Oh well, I'll give it a shot.

SophiaGrace:

I love Poe! I know people always think of him as dark and moody, but he has some beautiful poetry.

Thank you for your welcome and your complements.

By far-fetched I mean that it would be a little hard to get to know absolutely everyone on this site- that's a lot of people!

enanescencefan91:

Thank you! I have to admit, I didn't come up with the name myself. It's what one of my teachers called me...

I definitely will post some!

By the way, I also enjoy evanescence. I really like the song "Bring Me to Life"

Minus:

packyourbags:

Thank you, and thank you again. I read waaaay too much, though. :D

Sanal:

Thanks! I hope that I can keep up!

Badjedidue:

Thank you. It's nice to know that I'm breaking free of North Shore stereotypes :) All the people on this site do seem very welcoming.

Steel:

Thanks. Are you a fan of Superman? (a.k.a. Mr. Awesome)

Solace:

What's your favorite book by the great Card? I liked Ender's Shadow more than Ender's Game, but The Worthing Saga more than either.

Are you telling me that you have never read Harry Potter?? You need to go out and read these masterpieces! Can you tell that I'm a HP nut?

I know what you mean about age- it's weird, isn't it? I feel like I don't quite fit in with any age group.

Danielle:

Yay! Fellow Poe person! Like I said, I'm not very good at alliteration. Poe Possums, maybe?

I have this HUGE book with all his works... plus a pretty bookmark :D

Do you write any poetry?

Latest posts

Back