Coming home from traveling

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lacoste44

Reaction score
Good day people,

I just arrived home after 5 months traveling Australia and Fiji and Asia. I got home Friday, and ever since I have been home I feel very alone , not busy , don't no what direction to go. I met a ton of people traveling and when I left I had no real close friends, I had friends from work but they are 10-15 years older then me and always have family stuff on the go. Now being home, I have changed alot but no one around me has, and now i don't have that group of friends or people i was meeting well traveling around me anymore.

I met a girl in Fiji and we stayed at the same resort for 2 days. I got along great with here and wish I could of stayed at the resort longer but I was going to a different island that I had already paid for. I even slept with her on the beach one night but didn't do anything but kiss, cause we were both quite drunk. She added me to facebook 2 days after she got back from Fiji, I never even expected her to add me. She was 29 years old and I am 24 years old but I am not sure how she feels about me, and I don't know if I like her just cause we kissed good. She was from Europe and I am from North America. The town I live in is really tough to meet people even girls for that matter cause there is alot of older people. Traveling was so good for me hanging with people my age group. One thing I did hate was I would meet great people and they were always doing there own thing or I was always headed in the opposite direction of them. Seams like I ended my trip on the wrong end of it.

Right now I don't have a job and still deciding what to do because I want to go back to school. But traveling was just so fun for me cause I always had people to talk with and friends. Where when I came home I have no friends , or girl friends. I have thought about going back to Australia and working cause I never worked there. She is trying to find work but I am not sure if I go if she will even want to hang out with me. Eventually I would have to come home anyways and could be in the same situation as I am in now. Any advice on a direction to take or how to over come coming home blues. It just felt so good to have friends or meet girls my age and I want more of that but wont get that where I live.

Hi Lacoste44.

i would say that you probably want to find something interesting to do at home, whether it would be a job, or planning your next trip... something to keep you busy.

i hope you will overcome your blues soon :p

Latest posts

Back