Quote:

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eyael

''A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.''

I think it's way too true...

Do you agree?

Yes ; in today's world, cities are definitely impersonal and artificial :(. On the other hand, little villages where everybody knows everybody can be quite difficult to live in too : the people the community don't like are ostracized (the movie Easy Rider is a good example).

Very interesting thought. I also think that part of this is that modern society is very messed up. Pardon my French!

Modern society is very lonely. People live alone, drive to work alone, sit alone in cubicles, drive home alone, and sit alone in front of the television. There is little interaction.

It's a luxury that people can afford to live alone, but it's also lonely! Back when people lived in clusters of tribes, people lived cooperatively, the women together doing women's work, the children playing together, the men hunting and fishing together.

If you look at it from an evolutionary point of view, it makes sense that we are meant to live in groups. And work cooperatively. The burden is shared and the blessings multiplied.

I wish I could start a commune! You guys wanna live in North Carolina with me?

LG

Make that Montana and I'll drive!

lonelygirl said:
Very interesting thought. I also think that part of this is that modern society is very messed up. Pardon my French!

Modern society is very lonely. People live alone, drive to work alone, sit alone in cubicles, drive home alone, and sit alone in front of the television. There is little interaction.

It's a luxury that people can afford to live alone, but it's also lonely! Back when people lived in clusters of tribes, people lived cooperatively, the women together doing women's work, the children playing together, the men hunting and fishing together.

If you look at it from an evolutionary point of view, it makes sense that we are meant to live in groups. And work cooperatively. The burden is shared and the blessings multiplied.

I wish I could start a commune! You guys wanna live in North Carolina with me?

LG

Latest posts

Back