The people in our dreams

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

yesm

Lately my dream life has been very vivid and has more depth then my waking life. I find myself doing things and encountering people much more in my dreams. Lately due to not working (which will change soon luckily), I've had the time to sleep as long as I'm able, which usually leads to about 12 hours of sleep.

Anyway, for me, basically upon waking the thought is, I don't want to be awake. Lol, so i end up going back to sleep. So lately It's kind of like I've been living this more exciting life in my dreams. I'm not so sure it's as if my dream life is more real then my waking, but definately more desirable.

Anyway I guess what I'm pondering is, isn't it odd the different people you will meet in your dreams that you don't know? Further more is it not odd the people you used to know who you haven't seen and may never see again pop into your dreams?

Last night in one of my dreams I met some guy I apparently knew pretty well and we ventured together to this music shop or something and he had it in good with the owner so some lady he knew was giving him money to buy something for her on the cheap.

there ended up being some kind of reunion there a bunch of people I felt I somehow knew from a previous dream and we had all managed to come together again or something.

Anyway was just wondering about that with anyone else... do you find yourself interacting with people that don't exist for you in your waking life? Isn't it odd? If i knew half as many people in waking life as i meet in my dreams I'd have some people to do something with lol.

hmm that's interesting i donno though I haven't had one in a while, but I always seem to dream of them, my old friends from highschool :)
especially O^4EC#2

it's always like the same, the apology, and the happiness that we'll finally be friends again, and then the desperation of waking,
it's been over two years and it's pathetic :(

Sometimes I do have dreams about people I don't even know. I usually have dreams of my late father and I always hate the feeling of waking up and just wanting to go back to sleep cause your dreams seem better then real life.

The only people I encounter in my dreams are all my ex girlfriends.
It's pretty depressing. Especially the thought of how much they've accomplished compared to me.

i learned a technique for controlling my dreams, so now i don't dream, at least not anything really coherent or vivid. i used to have like traumatic nightmares.

every night before i go to sleep, i say "i refuse to have any bad dreams, but in the off chance that i do, i will realize it is a dream and calmly wake up".

there have been a few isolated incidents (taco night), where i have been having a doosy (looked at myself? yep, as in it was me looking at me like i was a movie camera) and said "this is ridiculous, i am dreaming" and then woken up.

my nightmares used to be so bad that i would wake up in a panic and not realize sometimes for ten or fifteen minutes that i was awake and it was over :(

Latest posts

Back