I challenge you to a duel!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I, SophiaGrace, hereby formally challenge Badjedidude to a duel!
Ok, I don't actually challenge him to a duel. Instead, I challenge him to a grammar-off!

In this so called grammar-off, Badjedidude and I will speak in complete grammatically correct sentences for the next week. We will engage in absolutely no netspeak.

The rules are the following:

1) BadJedidude and I shall write in complete sentences.
2) We shall capitalize the first letter of our sentences.
3) We shall use punctuation correctly.
4) Any grammatical error that isn't acceptable on a formal paper, will not be used.
5) We will not write lol. Instead, we will say that whatever the poster said made us laugh our butts off.
6) If we write a paragraph it will be at least two sentences long. Unless the post only has one sentence in it.
7) We will spell things correctly to the best of our ability and correct our typos instead of leaving them lying about for the next ALL member to see.
8) The use of smilies is allowed since it helps to clarify things which are posted.
9) The first one to lapse back into netspeak is the loser of this duel.

Badjedidude if there is anything you wish to add to this challenge, please do so now.

Let the Grammar-Off begin!

Does this mean you do not accept my challenge? Your honor is at peril if you forfeit this duel!

Fine. I shall accept your duel, Dearest Sophia, with the intent not only to defeat thee but to inflict lasting harm upon thine ego. Never again shall you haunt this website with your haughty ways. Thy dignity shall crumble; thy soul weakened by the very appearance of mine avatar!

Harken to me! Now, at the dawn of mine humble awakening to the greatness of the Hallowed World, I declare a Grammar War upon thee and thine children unto the end of thy seed!

Shall now the battle commence from hereforth to victory!

----Steve

Grammar, dear friend, is the organized structure of a linguistic system developed usually unintentionally over a length of time in order to streamline communication between two or more parties utilizing the language for which the grammar was developed.

----Steve

Grammar is not edible. It shows others you are literate and well learned though.

I find grammar is best served alongside hearty portions of story, character, and prose, with only a very light sprinkling of adverbs.

Thank you, sir! I'm allergic to most adverbs. Whenever I write one my throat begins to close and my eyes swell shut. It's alarmingly aggg spppputttt, ugh aack!

OMG That was hilarious, Spare. You have earned 10 points for sheer comic ability!

----Steve

Latest posts

Back