3 Reasons I Quit Smoking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevorlawrence

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have quit smoking for these three reasons.

1. HEALTH- from what i'm reading, having your family watch you die too soon from a smoking related illness seems to top everyone's fears. i got my first vision of that a month ago, when i was sick and coughed up nasty bloody stuff. i have 4 kids, 8,6,5,and 3. i didn't sleep all night that night cause i thought i was dying of cancer. i has takin me a couple of tries since then, and a couple more health scares(pluracy, and chest x-rays) to get me going for good. i'm on day 2 now. it just amazes me how much fear smokers live with day in and day out. why would we willingly kill ourselves? anyway you look at it, it's suicide. slow suicide. i don't want to live with that fear anymore. or put my family through pain and sufferring sometime in the future. i'm only 28, if i'm getting sick all the time now after 10 yrs of smoking, i'd hate to see myself at 38 with 20 yrs of smoking.

2.MONEY- as i have said, we have 2 kids. we live pay check to pay check. i can't afford to smoke. it's funny, well, not really funny, but we are always broke. my kids need something, they have to wait until payday. something unexpected comes up, we run out of laundry detergent, or light bulbs, my kids need new shoes, etc., etc., we don't have the money and it has to wait. but who has cigarettes everyday?? i would tear the house apart for change, and buy cigarettes in dimes, nickels, and pennies(at $6.37 a pack, that's embarressing), but i would say oh well to what we needed. plus there are little things. i wouldn't buy stuff i needed to take care of myself. my mother in law gets me an estee lauder make up set every christmas. that was my make-up for the YEAR. i went one summer with out shaving my legs, and wore pants, because money was real tight, so every cent i got had to go to cigarettes. i could sit here all day with stories like this. bottom line, i need the money to take care of me and my family.

3)MYSELF- i really needed to start taking care of myself. my oldest daughter is almost a teenager, and who's gonna teach her how to be a lady? me. all i've shown her is how to kill yourself by smoking. and she's always telling me how bad i smell, aand some nights she won't even give me a kiss good night. i want to start doing all the things girls do. wash my face, paint my nails, take a bubble bath, put more time into the house. you know, i don't even own a pair of pajamas, because i smoked outside, so i couldn't wear them anyway. i would sit every night in the winter with my coat and boats on, even while i was watching tv, because i was going to have to go back out for another smoke at some point, so why take it off??

Those all sound like excellent reasons to me. :) Good luck with it and DON'T GIVE UP FOR ANY REASON!!!! :D

----Steve

Scariest thing I ever saw, as far as cigarettes are concerned. Check this out.

So, some jerk stole my identity and got a traffic ticket in Connecticut. Of course, I didn't know about it until some cop pulled me over for not waiting at a stop sign long enough to suit him. He ran my name through the system and found out there was a warrant for me. I ended up in jail for 2 weeks before they compared signatures.

Anyway. While I was there, this one prostitute was let out for the weekend to attend a family funeral. On her return, she brought back presents, stuffed in her vagina. Lucky her, nobody did a cavity search. So it's lights out and she starts pulling it all out. Weed, crack, cigarettes, and a lighter. The crackheads were like, "Yay!" A few people wanted the weed. The cigarette smokers... there weren't enough to go around, and they were physically fighting. Heterosexual girls beating each other to smoke something that was in a prostitute's vagina for hours.

I didn't smoke back then, but I would have quit after seeing that!

Three reason I banned you:

1. You're a spammer.
2. You're a spammer
3. You're a spammer.

oarivan said:
He could have helped me quit but now I'll never know.

His method probably involved you buying a set of golf clubs.

oh wow i totally misread steel's post as "his method of sex with you probably involved buying a set of golf clubs"

O_O

Latest posts

Back