A couple guitar instrumentals I've written

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talus

Reaction score
I'm new here and I figure I'd share a couple instrumental pieces I've written and recorded.

Anyway, I'm still in the very early process of learning how to record, so everything's still a little sloppy.

Both songs can be found at http://www.soundclick.com/talus

The song Chill kinda lives up to it's name. Pretty happy with this one, except for the last solo, which I improvised, since I couldn't properly play the solo I'd written.

Trouble, is actually called "The Troubled Tale of the Funky Monkey" and it was kind of an attempt to tell a story without words. The picture in my head when I wrote it was a cartoon monkey with a bass, dressed like one of those cool jazz players, and the song was trying to tell all of his sad stories and dark secrets. Anyway, it's primarily a rock song, that steals a lot of ideas from other genres.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

That is really nice :)

HOLY CRAP. Lol I found myself singing random improvised verses to these while they were playing. :p

Very good...really professional.

----Steve

Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments :)

Well all my songs were originally written with Guitar Pro, so for those who're interested I've exported the bass into a TXT file. It's not perfect though and there are easier ways to play the bass part than what's, but even so I can barely play it on my guitar. I bough a bass a little while back, and it's a long term goal to one day be able to play this song, and it's sequel song which is only half done.

Attachments

• trouble.txt
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
Sweet...

what software do you use for the drumming?

Is there anyway i can download your music?

Lonesome Crow said:
Sweet...

what software do you use for the drumming?

Is there anyway i can download your music?

I used Ezdrummer for the drums on Chill and Addictive Drums on Trouble, still trying to decide which one sounds better.

I'm pretty sure that you can download the songs directly from soundclick provided you've got an account there. Otherwise there's always email or msn.

Talus said:
I'm pretty sure that you can download the songs directly from soundclick provided you've got an account there.

You sure can. It is quite an effective way to share your music. For some of us it is among the easiest places to check out music.

Got half of a new song up. Figure I'll just bump this thread up instead of making a new thread whenever I record something new. :D

This song is (for the moment) just called Chords. Honestly I feel it's probably one of the best things I've written to date, although the recording isn't nearly as good as I want it to be.

The first solo is just a quick improv I did as a placeholder until I learn the solo I've actually written -- which I find kind of odd, having to learn my own solos. The second solo is pretty close to what it's supposed to be, although a little sloppy.

I still need to record all the lead parts after the second solo... Just posting it now to get a general idea on what people think so far. :)

Cool man. Keep us updated. I'm wanting to learn guitar one day.

Wow, I'm really impressed, both with your musicality and your recording skills. I'm always messing around trying to record myself but I can't make it sound half this good. What recording software do you use? And what kind of mic?

And btw, small world. I live in Burnaby too.

And I especially like the heavier guitar in "Untitled."

Vaea said:
Wow, I'm really impressed, both with your musicality and your recording skills. I'm always messing around trying to record myself but I can't make it sound half this good. What recording software do you use? And what kind of mic?

I've been using the Basic version of Cubase 5 and a plain old Shure SM58 to do my recordings. Just about all the guitars are double tracked and have a tiny bit of compression on them, but otherwise the sound is fairly pure.

What instrument(s) do you play? Or what kinds of things have you been trying to record?

And btw, small world. I live in Burnaby too.

No kidding. Didn't expect to run into anyone from around here :)

I play a bit of several things, but these days I focus on piano and clarinet. My main goal is to record the solo piano peices I write. My main problem is getting rid of this airy, squealy, mic-noise that hisses above everything I record, no matter what software or hardware I use. I know how to get rid of it with a mixer, but then the upper octaves of the piano also disappear....

I hear no such squeal in your recordings...what's your secret?

Latest posts

Back