hopeless lover

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodyenigma

Reaction score
what are you supposed to do when you've lost your soulmate and have become so numb that falling in love again is an impossibility? :(

oh dear...*hugs* there there. Did this just happen?

you gotta give yourself time to recover. sometimes, when relationships just fall apart, you will inevitably end up feeling like the lowest of lows and there's this strange, gripping feeling of anguish inside you can't imagine will ever go away.

some people recover faster than others. you just gotta give yourself time. you don't have to put up a brave front. cry if you have to. scream if you have to. let it out so your heart and your mind can eventually deal with it.

and when all that is out - give yourself time to heal. don't rush it, k? take care.

its been 2 years since it ended & i've been through all that you mentioned still no signs of recovery except dead silence inside, i tried to get over it but a silent force inside me doesn't wanna let go.

maybe you can't let go because you haven't met the right partner who'd be worth it enough to move on yet.

life throws you curveballs in the most unexpected way, when you least expect it.

a friend of mine was a single mom. she had a son with her ex-bf whom she loved to bits but once he found out about her being pregnant, he dropped her faster than a fly. she cried her eyeballs out for a long time but had pushed ahead to carry and deliver her beautiful baby boy, all alone.

she told me that she would never find someone she could love as much as she loved him, for they've known each other forever (i still think he's a moron for ditching her like that but that's another story). and she was quite certain she will have to face her life alone as a single mom, which man would want her now that she has additional baggage?

it took her 7 years to meet her mr right. those were not the easiest 7 years of her life, with her having to juggle her job and look after her growing son and having nasty neighbours gossiping about her being a single mom. over here in asia, in some parts, being a single mom is frowned upon very much especially by those who are terribly old fashioned.

she eventually met another man - the man who accepted her for herself and her son. This was the man she eventually married. but it took her a long time to meet him and she was so numbed to the idea of falling in love that she almost killed the relationship coz she thought it would never have worked out when he knew about her having a son. they are now married with 2 children :)

sometimes we'll meet the right person very quickly. sometimes, it can take months, years. but you cannot let desolation put you down. when we have hope, we have light within our heart. it's not easy to let go but you shouldn't lose hope.

you won't be able to let go now - but when the right person enters your life again, and when the time is right, you will let go of the past and embrace the future. be strong and don't lose hope, k?

I was devestate for 2 years before I could form anytype of healthy relationship. I kind da messed that relationship up too because I couldn't let go.
I didn't run. I married her...So much for doing the right thing. I didn't married her becuase it was the right thing or wrong thing
to do. I married her becuase i love her.

I went out and party hardy. Had sex with lots of different women. I guess I love her very ,very much.
Becuase the saying of to get over a woman you gatta get on top off other women...didn't work
the first time, second time, thrid time or the tenth time. Inside my heart it wasn't what I wanted to do.
All I ever wanted was to come home to my wife and child.

oki doki..I belong in the ****** bag section...excuse the fresia out of me.
That's a part of it....some women wants to take me home with them and love me back to life.
The part the comes naturally of how to get hawt beautiful women..is to not really give a honeysuckle.
It's a territorial and control issue thing.
Sometimes ya gotta roll with the punched and go with the flow. EZ come, EZ go.
I can suger coat it and say I was acting just like Jesus. I was lov'in everyone :p

There was a country song I used to listen to.
it gose like this...
Maybe I'll be faST as you...
Maybe I'll break hearts too.

It didn't really matter what i did...not for me anyway.
Maybe it's just grace that's been keeping me together all these years.
Our divorce was 20 years ago....

Anywho...She told me the other day she wants to go see a movie with me.
She's been praying for me. Yes, lots and lots of hope.
It aint over, til it's over.

Lonesome Crow said:
I was devestate for 2 years before I could form anytype of healthy relationship. I kind da messed that relationship up too because I couldn't let go.
I didn't run. I married her...So much for doing the right thing. I didn't married her becuase it was the right thing or wrong thing
to do. I married her becuase i love her.

I went out and party hardy. Had sex with lots of different women. I guess I love her very ,very much.
Becuase the saying of to get over a woman you gatta get on top off other women...didn't work
the first time, second time, thrid time or the tenth time. Inside my heart it wasn't what I wanted to do.
All I ever wanted was to come home to my wife and child.

oki doki..I belong in the ****** bag section...excuse the fresia out of me.
That's a part of it....some women wants to take me home with them and love me back to life.
The part the comes naturally of how to get hawt beautiful women..is to not really give a honeysuckle.
It's a territorial and control issue thing.
Sometimes ya gotta roll with the punched and go with the flow. EZ come, EZ go.
I can suger coat it and say I was acting just like Jesus. I was lov'in everyone :p

There was a country song I used to listen to.
it gose like this...
Maybe I'll be faST as you...
Maybe I'll break hearts too.

It didn't really matter what i did...not for me anyway.
Maybe it's just grace that's been keeping me together all these years.
Our divorce was 20 years ago....

Anywho...She told me the other day she wants to go see a movie with me.
She's been praying for me. Yes, lots and lots of hope.
It aint over, til it's over.

wow that's a very nice story, thanx for sharing. I have no clue how my life is going to end up but i'm sure it won't involve sleeping with lots of girls because i'm not at all charming, all the female friends i have think of me as a guy who is just fun to be with and that's all i'll ever be.

roundasapenguin said:
maybe you can't let go because you haven't met the right partner who'd be worth it enough to move on yet.

life throws you curveballs in the most unexpected way, when you least expect it.

a friend of mine was a single mom. she had a son with her ex-bf whom she loved to bits but once he found out about her being pregnant, he dropped her faster than a fly. she cried her eyeballs out for a long time but had pushed ahead to carry and deliver her beautiful baby boy, all alone.

she told me that she would never find someone she could love as much as she loved him, for they've known each other forever (i still think he's a moron for ditching her like that but that's another story). and she was quite certain she will have to face her life alone as a single mom, which man would want her now that she has additional baggage?

it took her 7 years to meet her mr right. those were not the easiest 7 years of her life, with her having to juggle her job and look after her growing son and having nasty neighbours gossiping about her being a single mom. over here in asia, in some parts, being a single mom is frowned upon very much especially by those who are terribly old fashioned.

she eventually met another man - the man who accepted her for herself and her son. This was the man she eventually married. but it took her a long time to meet him and she was so numbed to the idea of falling in love that she almost killed the relationship coz she thought it would never have worked out when he knew about her having a son. they are now married with 2 children :)

sometimes we'll meet the right person very quickly. sometimes, it can take months, years. but you cannot let desolation put you down. when we have hope, we have light within our heart. it's not easy to let go but you shouldn't lose hope.

you won't be able to let go now - but when the right person enters your life again, and when the time is right, you will let go of the past and embrace the future. be strong and don't lose hope, k?

For some people even 7 years is not enough to embrace future and move on. I've lost all faith in love after all i've been through it just seems not right for me.

I know this girl who couldn't marry the one she loved coz her family didn't approve so after awhile she got married to another man and had 2 kids. After 7 years they divorced for whatever reasons. The guy she really loved waited all this time for her to come back even after knowing she got married and have a family now. So, after 7 years they got back together and they are the happiest couple i've ever seen. When I picture this story in my mind all i can think of is to wait for her and maybe hold on to whatever small hope there is to one day get her back though I can tell that it's never going to happen.

yeah...Chelle's parents are total biggots.
I never stopped loving her.
The last time i spoke to her was 20 yeaRS ago after our divorce.
She told me that she will always love me no matter what. It was really hard to grasp.
I moved on with my life as best i could. Lots of changes. Got into other relationships.
Life is wierd.....I still don't understand why certain things has to happen...
All i know is Chelle loves me very much.'
I'm Thia and she country gal from TX...
Actaully our names are Michael and Michelle. See... even our names say we're twin souls :p

i really don't know.

"I know it's over, but still i cling, I don't know what else I can do" - The Smiths

keep living the best you know how. too much hope seems delusional and feels like a set up. no hope and the pit looms closer. a step at a time for occasional glimpses of sunshine?

idk.

You wait it out and eventually years later you find someone. There's that option or the drunken, meaningless sex option. The latter kills ya after a while though.

Latest posts

Back