The Ideal Woman

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

If people dont know by now, I tend to think a lot, perhaps too much. :cool:

And today, i was thinking about what the ideal woman is like.

I dont mean, what society tells girls they should be, but...the ideal image/emotional concept of a woman. It'd probably help if you contrasted this with the ideal for a male.

What do you think the ideal woman is like? :)

Let's start by naming some PERSONALITY traits...pictures are welcome too, but then you have to explain why the picture is a representation of an ideal woman.

SophiaGrace said:
If people dont know by now, I tend to think a lot, perhaps too much. :cool:

And today, i was thinking about what the ideal woman is like.

I dont mean, what society tells girls they should be, but...the ideal image/emotional concept of a woman. It'd probably help if you contrasted this with the ideal for a male.

What do you think the ideal woman is like? :)

Let's start by naming some PERSONALITY traits...pictures are welcome too, but then you have to explain why the picture is a representation of an ideal woman.

I'm open minded when it comes to image and looks, but personality wise, I'd say caring, considerate, loyal, principled, feminine and soft-spoken are the foremost things I look for.

Cute and sassy are a bonus. Basically, I like all the cliched traits that probably most men do.

For me, the ideal woman has integrity, emotional intelligence, a sense of humor and an open mind. Those are the qualities that I find to be essential in order to maintain a meaningful and fulfilling relationship. Honestly, if I love the girl, everything else is icing on the cake :D

Bonus points for having an inquisitive/analytical mind :)

ahhhhh.... fresia -it.
She's bubblely. BEST served colded. :p
She's wearing a Cross...she must be a good Christian girl.
miss-budweiser-w1.jpg

I can drown into her eyes forever and ever. it'll be heavenly.
2568076126_55711fe2bf_o.jpg

She's always going to be perfect in my eyes.
She looks just like her mother sometimes...
but acts like me:p
JK.png

can wait to read the replies.. im adding to this question..

how much does a womans size matter? when thinking of the ideal woman..?

If she can deal with my depression and is smart enough to know when I'm being sarcastic, she's more than good enough for me.

Indeed, a functionnal sarcasm detector is a must. -.-

I won't pretend to know what an ideal woman would be for me, I've never really had butterflies yet anyhow. I bet if I tried to imagine someone perfect for me, I'd be totally off.

Well I think my idea of the ideal women has been pretty much described by everyone else here, but to boil it down to something even simpler, someone who's personality compliments my own, yet is much different from my own, someone who can add to my life as I could to theirs.

jales said:

That's actually an interesting question, especially since we're talking ideal. I certainly have a kind of picture in my head of what I find most attractive. That said however, size isn't a huge concern for me so long as there is some kind of physical attraction. But I won't lie, there are definitely limits to how large or small I like my women.

oarivan said:
If she can deal with my depression and is smart enough to know when I'm being sarcastic, she's more than good enough for me.

<3

jales said:

Honestly...No.

I don't expect Chelle to have a body of a 19 year old.
Even when we were married. (She had the so call perfect body
of a woman). She was still very insecured about her body.
Her breast arn't the biggest in the world....I love her breast.
Somewhere in the B -C range..There's other things I like about her breast beyound just
the actaully size..lol
Her ass was bootelicious..she had a nice perfect ass.
She thought that she was always over weight becuase of whatever
perceptions the media had flooded her mind with. She wieght only
128-135 lb and she's my height. I used to catch her making herself
vommit to loose wieght.
I currently wieght 140-145...and you see how skinney I am.

Chelle has many personalities or triats the I find attractive.
She's very, very caring, kind and loving when she wants to be.
She has a great sense of humor. She's forgiving. She can be
very assertive when she wants to be. She can even be a major
***** when she wants to be. She's openminded. She knows
when to admit when she wrong. She can be very head strong
when she wants to be. She can be controling when she wants to be.
She can lose control when she wants to be. She loves herself.
She'll stand up for herself when need be. She can be good when
she wants to be. She can also be bad when she wants to be.
She's bubblely. Sometimes she talks and acts like a little girl when she wants to...
Other times she'll act like a very responsible uptight grown-up.lol
She belives in GOD and LOVE. She's very sexual or don't have sexual hang ups.
She's an artist as I am. She can be very sentimental and emotional.
She's very beautiful on the inside and outside.
She has the most beautiful hazel eyes I can loose myself into.
Her vioce is sweet as honey. Her touch is gental.
Her hair...I loved it when her hair long and blonde..it's her natural hair color.
She scent sets my heart on fire.
Last but not lease...She loves me...She likes it the bad boys:p
She has also seen the softer side of me.

The ideal woman you say? An excellent question. The discussion of which I enjoy immensely and can fritter so much time away in its consideration. Hmmm....Where to be begin?

Well, for starters she must be a Christian. My faith is at the very center of who I am as a person. Without that connection, it doesn't matter if she is perfect for me in any other respects, it won't work. I will not date an atheist or an agnostic (this is not to say I don't associate with atheists or agnostics, but I will not date one).

Secondly, she must desire marriage as the ultimate end of our dating relationship. If I am to date someone, I must be able to picture walking down the aisle with her one day and spending (I absolutely mean this) the rest of my life with her. Dating is fun and it should be, much more is at stake than one's plans for a Friday evening.

As for specific personality traits in a woman that I find attractive, they are as follows:
1.) Maternal-I hope to have a family one day. I want us both to be family-oriented. She has to love kids.
2.) Kind-hearted-She must be a dear, caring, and loving woman. Mean-spirited women need not apply.
3.) Mature-That being said, a woman who is capable and can take care of herself is nice. Not necessarily tough (I do not care for overly masculine traits in women), but grown up. I once dated a very beautiful, very wonderful young woman who, for all her feminine perfection, was incredibly immature.
4.) Intelligent-She's gotta be smart. I am fairly intelligent and enjoy conversation immensely. She has to be able to carry on a conversation with me. I would also like her to be good at math because I am bollocks at it.
5.) Patient-This one is a must. I imagine I can be a very trying individual at times. I have an odd sense of humor that can be difficult to get at times. I am very eccentric and that can cause some awkwardness at times and she must be able to deal with that.
6.) Ladylike-This is a very old-fashioned trait and pertains to a number of things that I find incredibly attractive in a woman. It also has a somewhat ineffable quality to it, and so it is rather difficult to describe. I know it when it see it. But, as near as I can tell, a woman who is ladylike possess two qualities: a.) she has impeccable manners and always minds them, b.) she enjoys the company of gentlemen. This quality is very important to me because I am very chivalrous and terribly old-fashioned. I always strive to the best of my ability to be a gentleman. I do not always succeed. Ladylikeness is also a bit controversial, especially in this day and age, especially because not all women are ladies, though all ladies are women. Furthermore, we live in a much more egalitarian society, and some women choose not to highlight this aspect of themselves for fear of appearing weak or un-feminist, which in my mind is a great loss. In fact, many young ladies I know prefer to be more 'masculine' or 'tom-boyish' because they believe it makes them more attractive, downplaying their femininity, the very thing that makes women beautiful and wonderful to begin with.
7.) Beautiful-She must be, in my opinion at least, lovely. Physical beauty, although on its own not enough of solid foundation for a relationship, is important nonetheless because it is what gets our attention as men. Fortunately, beauty is a very, very subjective thing and opinions vary widely on what constitutes a beautiful woman. For me personally size, in the sense of weight and figure as well as in the sense of bust size, does not matter so much. I'm a sucker for a pretty face and a beautiful head of hair. If you pinned me down and asked what type of figure I prefer, I'd probably have to say short, skinny girls (I'm only five-six, so the short thing is for practical purposes. It is very awkward to cuddle with a girl who is taller than me). Really, as far as looks go, I'm looking for a happy-medium. My ideal woman is pretty enough to get and keep my attention, but she doesn't have to be physically perfect. I don't go for bombshells because I would be nervous and uncomfortable asking a perfect 'ten' out. And if I am nervous and uncomfortable, she'll be uncomfortable too and neither of us will have any fun together.

That, in a nutshell, is my ideal woman. Ladies, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Loaf said:
The ideal woman you say? An excellent question. The discussion of which I enjoy immensely and can fritter so much time away in its consideration. Hmmm....Where to be begin?

Well, for starters she must be a Christian. My faith is at the very center of who I am as a person. Without that connection, it doesn't matter if she is perfect for me in any other respects, it won't work. I will not date an atheist or an agnostic (this is not to say I don't associate with atheists or agnostics, but I will not date one).

Secondly, she must desire marriage as the ultimate end of our dating relationship. If I am to date someone, I must be able to picture walking down the aisle with her one day and spending (I absolutely mean this) the rest of my life with her. Dating is fun and it should be, much more is at stake than one's plans for a Friday evening.

As for specific personality traits in a woman that I find attractive, they are as follows:
1.) Maternal-I hope to have a family one day. I want us both to be family-oriented. She has to love kids.
2.) Kind-hearted-She must be a dear, caring, and loving woman. Mean-spirited women need not apply.
3.) Mature-That being said, a woman who is capable and can take care of herself is nice. Not necessarily tough (I do not care for overly masculine traits in women), but grown up. I once dated a very beautiful, very wonderful young woman who, for all her feminine perfection, was incredibly immature.
4.) Intelligent-She's gotta be smart. I am fairly intelligent and enjoy conversation immensely. She has to be able to carry on a conversation with me. I would also like her to be good at math because I am bollocks at it.
5.) Patient-This one is a must. I imagine I can be a very trying individual at times. I have an odd sense of humor that can be difficult to get at times. I am very eccentric and that can cause some awkwardness at times and she must be able to deal with that.
6.) Ladylike-This is a very old-fashioned trait and pertains to a number of things that I find incredibly attractive in a woman. It also has a somewhat ineffable quality to it, and so it is rather difficult to describe. I know it when it see it. But, as near as I can tell, a woman who is ladylike possess two qualities: a.) she has impeccable manners and always minds them, b.) she enjoys the company of gentlemen. This quality is very important to me because I am very chivalrous and terribly old-fashioned. I always strive to the best of my ability to be a gentleman. I do not always succeed. Ladylikeness is also a bit controversial, especially in this day and age, especially because not all women are ladies, though all ladies are women. Furthermore, we live in a much more egalitarian society, and some women choose not to highlight this aspect of themselves for fear of appearing weak or un-feminist, which in my mind is a great loss. In fact, many young ladies I know prefer to be more 'masculine' or 'tom-boyish' because they believe it makes them more attractive, downplaying their femininity, the very thing that makes women beautiful and wonderful to begin with.
7.) Beautiful-She must be, in my opinion at least, lovely. Physical beauty, although on its own not enough of solid foundation for a relationship, is important nonetheless because it is what gets our attention as men. Fortunately, beauty is a very, very subjective thing and opinions vary widely on what constitutes a beautiful woman. For me personally size, in the sense of weight and figure as well as in the sense of bust size, does not matter so much. I'm a sucker for a pretty face and a beautiful head of hair. If you pinned me down and asked what type of figure I prefer, I'd probably have to say short, skinny girls (I'm only five-six, so the short thing is for practical purposes. It is very awkward to cuddle with a girl who is taller than me). Really, as far as looks go, I'm looking for a happy-medium. My ideal woman is pretty enough to get and keep my attention, but she doesn't have to be physically perfect. I don't go for bombshells because I would be nervous and uncomfortable asking a perfect 'ten' out. And if I am nervous and uncomfortable, she'll be uncomfortable too and neither of us will have any fun together.

That, in a nutshell, is my ideal woman. Ladies, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

oh boy, a man with principles and beliefs, dude, you are gonna get flamed! look out! :(

Just_Some_Dude said:
oh boy, a man with principles and beliefs, dude, you are gonna get flamed! look out! :(

This, from the same guy who posted the pic of the contortionist?? :p

Loaf said:

Lets just say I am all of those things, yet I like to burp really loud, in public...is that a No in your book?

Loaf said:

When it comes to this, I think you are removing a ton of people who you might find to be really awesome people. Just all these traits you want in a woman makes your chances of finding someone extremely thin, I mean like incredibly slim. Rating people on a scale of 1-10 is just absurd because it's like you're placing some people on a pedestal, in which you feel it's impossible to get them. When in fact you never know what that person is thinking or how they feel about you.

I just got a question because you say you would not date a girl if she wasn't beautiful enough for you. How would you react to a girl that you really liked who would not date you because she feels you are too short? I know people should be picky to a certain extent but when it comes to this world sometimes it doesn't work to be too picky. Although if you feel like you would not be happy with someone because of some of the fact that they don't possess all the traits you want in a human being. Than I guess you should just save yourself and them from any further trouble, since it does no good to for yourself to feel unhappy with a certain relationship. I'm not trying to flame at all, because I'm just trying to ask some questions and give some of my thoughts about it.

I don't really have an "ideal woman" in mind...but I do notice that I tend to follow some general patterns of physical attraction, those being:

I do tend to like smaller girls. Not sickly skinny, but petite.
I tend to like brunettes, or other types of dark-colored hair.
I usually like women with bright blue or green eyes.
Boobs...they can be any size as long as they're not bigger than my head.

Other than that...as far as character traits...well, it's hard to say. Women come in so many shapes and forms of mindset and worldview that it's hard to classify an interest for any distinct one. Generally speaking, I would like a woman who is loyal, intelligent, understanding, and caring. That pretty much sums it up for me.

Now, none of this means that I only look for women with all of these qualities. I'm willing to give almost any woman at least one shot at getting close to me...but I find that more often than not, these are the characteristics in women that I'm attracted to.

----Steve

Latest posts

Back