WHAT ARE THE 10 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU LOOK FOR IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cypha

Reaction score
List 10 most important things you want in a partner. I'm curious about about what everyone thinks.

1. independent
2. takes care of herself (eats right, works out ect..)

just have 2 main ones.

what bout you?

ThisGuy said:
1. independent
2. takes care of herself (eats right, works out ect..)

just have 2 main ones.

what bout you?

honeysuckle, 10 is too much. Here's 5 things I look for in a woman.

1. She is coversative
2. Personality is easy to get along with
3. Somewhat attractive (I'm not picky you're not attracted to someone, why lead them on, right?)
4. Has an artistic side
5. Isn't superficial

1. Most important. Someone who relates to me, my likes and dislikes, and has at least some of the same morals; I.E honest, openminded, non judgmental.
2. Someone who is emotional, and at least somewhat creative and spiritual.
3. Someone who is NOT obsessively independent and is willing to coordinate with me and take my feelings into account.
4. Good communication and we can talk about most things. Someone who is open or will eventually open up, not secretive and private.
5. We feel good around each other, can relax, laugh and have fun. Someone I don't have to be on pins and needles around.
6. Not obsessed with work or money, but willing to do their share. Doesn't blame everything on me or take everything out on me cause of their mood.
7. Has been lonely, depressed, has known sorrow and hardship in some way. Maybe even a lot.
8. Isn't tied down with so many friends and family that she has no time for me. Would prefer a loner, only child, etc. (I was an only child)
9. Values falling in love instead of casual sex. The less experience with either the better.
10. Someone who will not break my heart in the long run, but will try to resolve things in a relationship rather then toss it aside when the goings gets rough.

Sounds more like the 10 things you'd like to avoid. Usually it takes a bad relationship or two to teach us what those would be.

Mine?

1) Legitimately loves me. If the love is really there she'll treat me right.
2) Mentally openminded / good conversation
3) Able to have fun, enjoy doing things together, share in each others interests.

bust
waist
hips
ankles
flexibility
endurance
stamina
experience
knowledge
openmindedness

ohhhh, the "opposite" sex, I was thinking for "good" sex.

sorry, carry on...

Here's mine (only have 8):

1). Good personality
2). Honesty
3). Willing to share any problems they have
4). Always there for me through thick or thin - to provide support
5). Trustworthy (both ways)
6). Understanding
7). Reasonably Attractive (though I rate this of lower importance than personality, honesty and trust. What's the point in dating a stunning-looking girl if she turns out to be rude, bitchy and deceitful?)
8). WON'T make out that she feels for me intimately, and then go and fresia someone behind my back like I'm too stupid to notice.

Am I asking for too much?
rolleye0014.gif

1. A sense of humor - I just can not relate to humorless people who take everything too seriously.

2. Intelligence - I've dated dumb guys before. It never worked out. Most of the time they ended up intimidated by me... and I never even corrected their grammar! Sheesh. They all seemed to feel that eventually I would put them down. And by "intelligence," I don't necessarily mean book smarts or fancy-schmancy degrees. I've met some pretty smart people who never went to college. - I'm sorry, I know that this might sound arrogant, but intelligence is really important to me.

3. Similar or compatible life philosophy - and that does trickle down into core values. I dated a guy who was my polar opposite: Rigidly Baptist, Ultra-con. Ugh. My stomach still hurts even thinking about it now. Really, all we had in common was our taste in music and an insane physical attraction to one another. We just could not see eye-to-eye on anything else though, and rather than adding fire and spice to the relationship, it just ended up being aggravating and maddening. I do not know how Mary Matalin and James Carville can stand it. Or each other. She's a ******* HARPY and he's ******* wingnut. Oh-Em-Gee.

4. Mutual Physical Attraction - the above said, I can't be in a romantic-type relationship that is devoid of physical attraction either. I tried it once, it did not work. It was sad. :/

5. Compassion - Not to the extent of the Dalai Lama or Mother Theresa (I'm not that demanding, c'mon!), but to have compassion is to show that you can step outside yourself and care about others. I detest extreme self-absorption and people who treat others as nothing more than a means to get something, as things to be used.

6. Loyalty -Dude, it sucks to be betrayed by the person you love. It sucks even more to find yourself debasing yourself by crawling to that person begging him/her to take you back.

honeysuckle. I'm pretty demanding, huh?

Catharsis said:
Just_Some_Dude said:

These make for good sex how? Aside from your obvious foot fetish.

no, i've just learned that women with bigger ankles than mine are usually lesbians! (>>>>>>>>>>>>> ducks and runs >>>>>>>>>>>>>)

plus cankles can be hard to get a good hold on during some legs-in-the-air-missionary :cool:

Just_Some_Dude said:
no, i've just learned that women with bigger ankles than mine are usually lesbians! (>>>>>>>>>>>>> ducks and runs >>>>>>>>>>>>>)

plus cankles can be hard to get a good hold on during some legs-in-the-air-missionary :cool:

Maybe your hands are just too small...

cheaptrickfan said:

idk, eight inches from wrist to middle finger, jus sayin

i can palm a basketball and dunk one

Just_Some_Dude said:
cheaptrickfan said:

You what they say about big hands.

Big hands... big gloves. hehe

cheaptrickfan said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
cheaptrickfan said:

You what they say about big hands.

Big hands... big gloves. hehe

**** straight! i think that was the OJ defense! LOL :D:D:D

1) They do not have a bloody axe in their hands
2) They do not carry the Ebola virus
3) They do not keep their status of being AIDS positive a secret from me
4) They are not a sex offender
5) They do not offer to shoot me up with heroin
6) They do not jump out at me nude from a darkened alley
7) They do not have delusions they are Superman and jump out of my apartment window.
8) They do not have a weird fetish for disabled girls
9) They are not Hitler
10) They do not want to suck my soul out of my body

:p

I'M going to answer this question seriously. Because I cannot top Sophia's list if I joke around.

My ideal fella must be:

Trustworthy
Well endowed... With intelligence, I mean!
Committed to our relationship. If he even checks out other girls in front of me, it's over.
Somewhat talkative, because I'm really quiet.
Nerdy. Comic books, computers, gaming, sci-fi, fantasy... we must have things in common!
A little romantic. Not a lot, as I'll get annoyed, but not so little that it feels like friendship.
Respectful of my religious beliefs.
Taller than 5'6", and not more than 50 pounds overweight. Maybe I'm shallow, but there it is.
Organized. I'm not, so somebody has to be.
Submissive.

I'm sure that later, I'm going to want to replace something in this list with something else.

Latest posts

Back