Ideas for promoting aLonelyLife.com ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear addministrater......I don't know much about promoting....but I want to thank you for starting this forum..........or whoever did.....you are a blessing to many people, I am one...just knowing that I am not alone and there are really people out there like me is a comfort.......somehow now we are not alone .....we now have each-other to talk to and are able to form some friendships......this is truely a precious gift.....it is a cold world and much pain....but this is a warm caring little haven where the lonely can get enough love to live another day...a little hope ..and an encouraging word is like a balm to put on our wounded hearts...........

sweetpatience said:
Dear addministrater......I don't know much about promoting....but I want to thank you for starting this forum..........or whoever did.....you are a blessing to many people, I am one...just knowing that I am not alone and there are really people out there like me is a comfort.......somehow now we are not alone .....we now have each-other to talk to and are able to form some friendships......this is truely a precious gift.....it is a cold world and much pain....but this is a warm caring little haven where the lonely can get enough love to live another day...a little hope ..and an encouraging word is like a balm to put on our wounded hearts...........
I appreciate your feedback very much. Feedback such as yours motivates a lonely webmaster like me...

If you have the time, you should get a myspace profile because it's an easy yet effective way to link a lot of people to this site.

joeynicdao said:
If you have the time, you should get a myspace profile because it's an easy yet effective way to link a lot of people to this site.
I dont have the time to do that I think... But you are welcome to link to alonelylife.com from your profile/homepage (if you have such a one) :)

Hi bjarne, this site is a great idea, and it should stay so, going on it's way with it's community, real people who feel lonely and are looking for such place. Thanks to sweetpatience and his/her opinion. Promoting this site should be objective, or we'll get spams and fake people advertising for dating services, which is already existing everywhere. Better to rely on our network and trusted relations to bring more members to the site.

Hi Gunblaza, I didn't say we're a fake site, I said the opposite, the site is so good with it's members, the threads and topics have meaning, and the members contributions are so helpful.

realandtruelove said:
Hi bjarne, this site is a great idea, and it should stay so, going on it's way with it's community, real people who feel lonely and are looking for such place. Thanks to sweetpatience and his/her opinion. Promoting this site should be objective, or we'll get spams and fake people advertising for dating services, which is already existing everywhere. Better to rely on our network and trusted relations to bring more members to the site.

I agree. I would hate for this place to become a realm for predators. People are so vulnerable when they are lonely, and there are people in the world who like to take advantage of that.

thank u for this work  and i hope u like my suggestion  we can upload photos

iny_75 said:
thank u for this work  and i hope u like my suggestion  we can upload photos

why not just try :)

big3.jpg

Please don't promote it... we will get flooded with trolls and the nice atmosphere will be gone. This is the best forum I ever visited.

Cute cats :)

mimizu, regarding trolls and such. Yeah I know that is always a risk. I am always on the look out for that and I look into every single report made on the site. If it becomes necessary I will recruit one or two moderators at some time (depending on requirements).

Bjarne,

I would love to be a moderator. Hint hint! lol Actually you have been great about getting rid of obscene pics, etc when the trolls have posted them. In any case I love this site. You do put a lot of time and energy into it. I would perhaps if I were you start accepting advertisements. I would put them on the front page but not popups since those are annoying and exhausting. I have some ideas. You could write up a press release and release it to the general press and specifically to psychologist and psychiatric websites and associations. Just let people know there is a place for lonely people. Heck you might even be interviewed by 20/20 or another news program. If there is ever a show about 'Loneliness in America,' you might be profiled by John Stossel on 20/20 or another interviewer on 60 minutes or something like that. If I were you, I'd write a press release and send it to those news programs so that people know of this site. I can help you with the press release if you like. I have a lot of copy editing experience.

lonelygirl said:
Bjarne,

I would love to be a moderator. Hint hint! lol Actually you have been great about getting rid of obscene pics, etc when the trolls have posted them. In any case I love this site. You do put a lot of time and energy into it. I would perhaps if I were you start accepting advertisements. I would put them on the front page but not popups since those are annoying and exhausting. I have some ideas. You could write up a press release and release it to the general press and specifically to psychologist and psychiatric websites and associations. Just let people know there is a place for lonely people. Heck you might even be interviewed by 20/20 or another news program. If there is ever a show about 'Loneliness in America,' you might be profiled by John Stossel on 20/20 or another interviewer on 60 minutes or something like that. If I were you, I'd write a press release and send it to those news programs so that people know of this site. I can help you with the press release if you like. I have a lot of copy editing experience.

Hehe that sounds really interesting. Only problem is that I have no idea what I would say in such a press release, nor exactly where or how I should release it....

Implemented a search-engine optimization plugin on the forum. This should (ought) to bring in more targeted traffic from search engines...

Latest posts

Back