Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Benoit's Suicide
Thanks Josh.  I don't think you're going to start a debate, at least not with me.  My main point was that there are a lot of different types of steroids, and many of them are available medicinally. It's been a long time since I had a class that covered steroids, so I'm glad you could expand on what I had to say and correct my error.  All I could remember were sex steroids vs. other types of steroids, since sex steroids are the ones other researchers in my area deal with. But now that you've mentioned it, I'm recalling hazy memories of glucosteroids as well.
And actually, now that you've jogged my memory, it's occurring to me that androgenic steroids must be a type of sex steroids and that sex steroids is a very broad category. Does that sound right?
Elaeagnus Wrote:And actually, now that you've jogged my memory, it's occurring to me that androgenic steroids must be a type of sex steroids and that sex steroids is a very broad category.  Does that sound right?

Well all steroids are pretty much considered a sex steroid since is generaly testostorne and sometimes with estrogen.

Androgenic steroids are the ones that promote the most muscle and bone mass increase. They are ones used by athletes and people with terminal disease's like cancer HIV and so on.
I read your post again with sex steroids are you refering to them used when a person is low on a certain hormone compared to say using them to help build muscle mass?
I checked my intro to neuroscience textbook while I was at work today. I knew keeping all my textbooks would come in handy someday!

According to the book, there are sex steroids, glucosteroids, plant steroids, insect steroids, and cholesterol. I had completely forgotten cholesterol was a steroid.

Sex steroids have a bunch of different types of steroids categorized under them, like testosterone, estrogen, and the androgen/anabolic ones you were talking about, Josh.

Now I have a deep desire to go back through all my textbooks and see what else I've forgotten over the years. Rolleyes
Hi Josh,

Thank you for educating us on this topic. Are you a medic? May I ask your background? Very interesting! I didn't know that 'roid rage was not a definite--I have very shaky background on this, clearly!
lonelygirl Wrote:Hi Josh,

Thank you for educating us on this topic. Are you a medic? May I ask your background? Very interesting! I didn't know that 'roid rage was not a definite--I have very shaky background on this, clearly!

No I am not a medic I just happen to be in school right now to be a pharmaacist but changing that soon because don't really like it much

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reincarnation Preventing Suicide August Campbell 21 5,725 06-29-2020, 06:03 AM
Last Post: mknfl
  Suicide awareness day LittleWolf 4 1,111 09-11-2019, 01:06 AM
Last Post: ShellShock
  Suicide? ragnarok123 7 3,222 03-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Last Post: roy1986
  Do You Believe Suicide is the "Coward's Way Out?" Komodo 17 5,659 05-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Paraiyar
  Losing someone to suicide LittlegirlLost 11 5,169 08-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Last Post: LeaningIntoTheMuse
  Quite concerned that an online friend of mine has committed suicide. CAS 4 3,548 06-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: CAS
  Where is Chris 2? agamemnon 0 1,319 04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Last Post: agamemnon
  Suicide Suspension? Phaedron 16 12,215 09-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Phaedron
  Share your suicide story. yesm 22 10,900 05-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Last Post: nerdygirl
  Do you agree? "all healthy men have thought of their own suicide." ~Albert Camus. savoss33 7 5,267 12-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Last Post: PoWer2tHePeOpLE