"remember me?" option...ARG

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Just_Some_Dude

didn't there used to be a "remember me" option upon signing in?

if so, it isn't there now.

everytime i close my browser and then return here, i have to re-enter my username and password. it's getting quite tedious! LOL :D

Hmmm, sounds like a cookie issue. Do you have them disabled?

It could be. I must say that its fine for me as well - I'm always logged in.

Did it happen at the same time as the forum update? (Last Saturday)

For me, anyway, it's been like that since Bjarne updated last August? October?

Oh wow, that's a hell of a long time. I think it was the end of July it was updated previously.

Could well be. Time's been a blur for me.

I don't really mind since I generally type in my password for everything anyway.

Well I'm guessing it is a more recent phenomena for JSD, since he wasn't here back then. JSD, do you use Firefox?

I am perplexed as to what could be causing it.

cheaptrickfan said:
Maybe it's Firefox? That's what I use.

I am not seeing that with Firefox.

yes, I use firefox

yes, it started after the recent update

yes, my cookies are enabled

no, this is the only website that is doing it

and, it also happens on my palm pre, which has cookies enabled.

didn't there used to be a checkbox next to login to "remember password" for next login? Most bb's have that...

it's curious, I'm on my palm pre now, have to relogin every time I close browser. Hope this helps :)

Ok, could you both hit "User CP", then "Edit Options" and check if the box for "Remember my login details for future visits" is checked under "Login, Cookies and Privacy" ?

Steel said:
Ok, could you both hit "User CP", then "Edit Options" and check if the box for "Remember my login details for future visits" is checked under "Login, Cookies and Privacy" ?

no, it was not checked in mine.

I checked it, logged out then back in, now it is working! Great!

to avoid further confusion for other members would be great if that option was right near thelogin area. Just a suggestion, if one of your mods knows hot to tweak html. I'm not familiar with myBB but maybe there is an option in admin panel

Glad it worked for you JSD. Unfortunately no, there isn't an admin option to move the box to beside the login details.

Sorry CTF, but I'm at a loss to know why yours won't remember you. It is possible it's at your end I'm afraid. :(

Well, boo. :/

It's not really that big of a deal anyway since I never ask FF to remember my login details.

ctf I would clear your cache, cookies, history, close browswer, reopen ALL, recheck option, make sure to click save, and try again

Latest posts

Back