Something Pleasant In Our Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

unkn0wn

Of course all of us had an Romantic, an Pleasant, A moment of truly happiness, moments of Pure Love, moments when you felt you were the happiest person in the world.

Let's describe those moments, let's remember and feel happy for a minute, let's forget about loneliness for 10 minutes...

P.S. GO GO GO

Okay, I'll go.

When I was in high school, I fell deeply in love with an older, very intelligent and sarcastic, brilliant guy. We went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History together. I was holding his hand and examining the brilliantly colored amethyst crystals, butterfly wings, sparkling gems...it was one of the most beautiful and romantic moments in my life and I will treasure that memory always.

Don't know how romantic mine is but only happy moment I can really ever think of having like that was the day I graduated basic training in the Army.

Hi Josh,

What did that feel like? What was it like being in Boot Camp? Where did you do it? Were the CO's really mean? Did they yell and curse?

lonelygirl said:
Hi Josh,

What did that feel like? What was it like being in Boot Camp? Where did you do it? Were the CO's really mean? Did they yell and curse?

Not trying to nit pick but I went through basic training. Marines go through boot camp. I did my basic at Ft benning in Georgia. Um for CO's that would be commanding officer and you don't deal with them you are probly thinking DS or drill sergaent and yes they are mean to say so in the least. They yelled and cursed but thats not when it was bad =). They are very tough but they must be they have 14 weeks to prepare you men to go to war.

What basic felt like was at first was hell the hardesting thing possible. Getting less then 4 hours of sleep to wake up next day to hike 8k to do some of the hardest physical things a person can do but after a while once we learned how to work togther and were in great shape it got to be pretty fun. I got to do things like shoot a grenade launcher fire all sorts of really cool weapons. I learned to fast rope from a hellcopter and do some pretty cool stuff. I really miss it.

Hey Josh,

That is super cool. And you're not nit picking, you're teaching! I didn't know there was a difference between Boot camp and basic training. Is boot camp harder? I know the Marines are supposed to be the elite, is that true?

If you miss it why don't you go back? But I'd hate to see you sent to Iraq. Whoops are you there right now? What are your days like? Do you ever have any fun?

yes, i know that the Marines are the elite ;)
but PLEASE let's keep to the subject ;) no offense :)

btw, lonelygirl good job for being 1st on this topic ;)

A moment of happiness will occur for me if I do something right. Like doing good in school. I remember the day that I somehow got perfect on math test, I was so happy and proud of myself. I think I annoyed my friends with all my bragging.

As for romantic, the one thing that comes to mind is when I was over at my crush's house and we were sitting on the couch chatting, I was leaning up against him and he put his arm around me. I felt so loved then.

Hugs also make me happy. ^^

The happiest time in my life was when I had left school, had a job, had a girl, a drivers license and a car. It all happened within a months ans I felt on top of the world!:)

lonelygirl said:
Hey Josh,

That is super cool. And you're not nit picking, you're teaching! I didn't know there was a difference between Boot camp and basic training. Is boot camp harder? I know the Marines are supposed to be the elite, is that true?

If you miss it why don't you go back? But I'd hate to see you sent to Iraq. Whoops are you there right now? What are your days like? Do you ever have any fun?

Marine boot camp and Army infantry are pretty much same thing but regular Army basic is a bit easier then marine boot camp.

I would go back in a second but I got a medical discharge so thats why I am out. ( Going to just leave it at got a medical discharge)

For my part, I'd say my absolute happiest moment was when I spent a semester of college studying in Italy. It was the most beautiful experience of my life. I had a girlfriend at home who I missed every day, but the group of people that I went with formed such an incredible bond that there was always comfort nearby (though we didn't really know each other). We really had no responsibilities as the classes were laid back, so we would eat and drink together, travel, and take in the beauty of Florence. I made such great friends with the people there, and EVERYTHING was so perfect that I could never ask for anything more in life.

It's been over five years now and we didn't keep in touch with each other when we came home. Things returned to normal the following semester, but for that short time it was bliss. Whenever I think back or look at old photos, I always get choked up, knowing that it will be hard to ever top that experience.

I dunno,

I also studied abroad and while I was very lonely, (Didn't make any friends) I still really enjoyed the experience.

You can have a great adventure again...traveling the world is romantic and fun!

Latest posts

Back