The Brownie Thread - for Danielle, Minty and other lovers of brownies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cheaptrickfan

I promised I'd share:

Sorry, the lighting in my kitchen sucks. :/

brownie_heaven.jpg

Now when I made this batch I was surprised that they were as cake-like as they were, though you can see evidence of the melted chunks of chocolate truffles in them:

brownie_heaven_2.jpg

They were not nearly as dense as the ones I made a few months ago:

brownie.jpg

I think the difference is that for these recent brownies, I used a brand new box of baking soda. The old box probably had no leavening action left in it/ So the next time I make them, I may skip the baking soda entirely and see if I get those flatter, denser, fudgier brownies again.

Also they're not bitter, but sweet, though not as cloyingly sweet as brownies made from milk chocolate can be. Just wanted to clear that up. There was some concern last night.

Lol I knew this was coming eventually. XD

Those look **** good, by the way. ^_^ Can I haz sum plz?

----Steve

Those are some AWESOME photog skills, btw, CTF...really good. I'm totally stealing one of those pics to use as my desktop background, ok? ;)

----Steve

nerdygirl said:
Now I have a taste for brownies.

Brownies are the perfect fusion of fudge and cake.

The kick cookies' ass.

Badjedidude said:
Those are some AWESOME photog skills, btw, CTF...really good. I'm totally stealing one of those pics to use as my desktop background, ok? ;)

----Steve

Haa, sure. Be my guest, and thank you. I love my cameras.

Someday, when the jet stream is just right, I'm gonna catch a whiff of those babies fresh out of the oven :D

mintymint said:
Someday, when the jet stream is just right, I'm gonna catch a whiff of those babies fresh out of the oven :D

lol If the wind is that strong, you can expect some snow on that jet stream too.

I brought my own utensils :)

Remember I said I was making brownies yesterday?

Behold:

Mini dulce de leche brownies

dulcedelechebrownies.jpg

tangerinedream said:
I brought some in to work today and they were gone by lunchtime. hahah

Yeah, I bet! I'd be on those brownies like glitterpuke on a dancefloor!

Latest posts

Back