I live in "lala land" most of the time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

Reaction score
Most of you guys and gals know me. I have no friends. I stay at home most of the time and avoid people. I don't really live life. I live in "lala land" and most of it is video games. When I play video games it makes me forget about my life, and I can live as another person. Some will say it's an addiction. I bought Fallout 3: Game of the Year video game for my Xbox 360 about a month ago and I've already played 65 hours, that's just over 2 and a half days. I bought Modern Warfare 2 in January and I've clocked in 156 hours, that's about 6 and a half days. Now this is only two games. The other "lala land" I live in would be the internet surfing through tech sites such as http://engadget.com or http://gizmodo.com or sites like http://i-am-bored.com. When I play Modern Warfare 2 online, I talk to others while I play and this is the only outside conversation I have all day besides my brother, mother and father. I feel comfortable in "lala land" but I know that it's not helping me. I guess I live there to compensate my loneliness. But I'll never be rid of my loneliness living in "lala land". I just don't know what to do. I don't know how to get out and make friends. It's been 7 years since I've had good friends. I just need help.

Hey knight I am the ambassador from imagination world

hah I've got a completely badass alter ego thats always doing awesome honeysuckle i could never do in the back of my mind i love videogames too, and books and tv shows and comic books it's like the characters are our friends, i mean we spend time with them :)

maybe go out talk to people at videogame stores there are places like videogames ect and they have relase parties when new games come out you should tottaly go and mingle with other gamers maybe hang out at an arcade

i don't think there is anything wrong with having a fantasy life i know I'm not the honeysuckle but thinking so makes it 10 times easier for me t get through the day

your not alone with this

*hugs*

Sometimes I wish I could go back to 'lala land', as you say. For most of my teen years I was similar. I was homeschooled after the age of 14 about, so I didn't have to go out in society. Part of me wishes I could go back to the days of that youthful time, playing video games and watching anime in to the late hours of the night and sleeping in, looking forward to a 'someday' when I would be 'something', and everything would somehow fall in to place. But I didn't have to worry about it too much.

Someday came, once upon a time. With trepidation and caution I stepped out in to the world. And now it seems like that was a lot of 'yesterdays' ago, and now I'm working towards an even bigger 'someday' and feeling the pressure. Even though I'm on my own, it really feels like I'm stuck with only one foot out the door. I wish I could have those simple times back. I wish I still had my long distance relationship and the feeling that someday I would meet her and it'd be great. I wish I wasn't too tired to play video games most of the time. I wish I could either get that other foot out the door, or dive back inside and freeze time. Of the possibilities I've laid out for myself, it'd be hard to go wrong as long as I keep working. But I'm scared to actually pick one for fear of precluding the others, and I'm scared that one will never work out; and it's what I want the most.

My best and only advice is to get a job. A job is empowering like education is and can be your key to the outside world. But don't get stuck waiting for someday. Walk towards it whenever possible, because it's a long ways off for most of us.

Alternatively, find a good volunteer opportunity: Civil Air Patrol, Coast Guard Auxillary, a Fire Dept. ....those are all sources of adventure and ways to expand your horizons to do new things.

Yeah, same situation here, especially the video games... But you have to keep in mind we tend to want what we don't have, the grass is always greener, etc...

I bet if you suddenly switched places with someone who has a very active social life, you'd want to be your old self again eventually.

Friends and relationships bring just as much challenge as they do fulfillment. Finding some with common interests is a good plan.

I used to be convinced beyond any doubt that I would not find love. I even made a list of 100 reasons why I wouldn't. Then for three months I wound up wanting it really bad, and became ready for it. I also screwed some things up over the year we were together, and now I'm not sure what will happen, but that's not the point.

The point is: friends and relationships are at the very least important episodes in all of our lives...

You can't see it now, but one day you will. You have to align your attitude, beliefs, and mentality to what it is or who it is you are trying to attract, then take action. This will create change. It'll happen when you're ready.

If you stuck at feeling lost you can try the oracles: Tarot, Astrology, Numerology, Psychics... If nothing else your belief and positive attitude will have a placebo effect...

I shudder to think of what I would be without a fantasy life in my head. Sometimes that is all that keeps me relatively sane.

From what I hear, you've alienated the poeple who have been unfortunate enough to make your aquaintance.

Maybe you should stop complaining and take a look at yourself.

Yadder yadder ******* yadder.

Knight said:
Most of you guys and gals know me. I have no friends. I stay at home most of the time and avoid people. I don't really live life. I live in "lala land" and most of it is video games. When I play video games it makes me forget about my life, and I can live as another person. Some will say it's an addiction. I bought Fallout 3: Game of the Year video game for my Xbox 360 about a month ago and I've already played 65 hours, that's just over 2 and a half days. I bought Modern Warfare 2 in January and I've clocked in 156 hours, that's about 6 and a half days. Now this is only two games. The other "lala land" I live in would be the internet surfing through tech sites such as http://engadget.com or http://gizmodo.com or sites like http://i-am-bored.com. When I play Modern Warfare 2 online, I talk to others while I play and this is the only outside conversation I have all day besides my brother, mother and father. I feel comfortable in "lala land" but I know that it's not helping me. I guess I live there to compensate my loneliness. But I'll never be rid of my loneliness living in "lala land". I just don't know what to do. I don't know how to get out and make friends. It's been 7 years since I've had good friends. I just need help.

Knight please read my book bro.

I was similar.

When we not at peace with our understanding and ourselves we seek an escape!

I got addicted to games to escape reality. Other times it was alcohol.

Have you ever given thought to reality and where you formed it? what the hell is reality?

My book is free, the link is bellow. Read it bro, i know it will help you.

you might be thinking why is this stranger trying to help. Let me leave you with words from my man Socrates:

“I do nothing but go about persuading you all, old and young alike, not to take thought for your persons or your properties, but chiefly to care about the greatest improvement of the soul. I tell you that virtue is not given by money, but that from virtue comes money and every other good of man, public as well as private. This is my teaching, and if this is the doctrine which corrupts the youth, I am a mischievous person.

I like lala land too. It's my own little micronation :D. We should print money and make passports for anyone that wishes to travel to our lala land :p

Micronations rule :cool:

I hereby declare myself Countess Lurker IV. :3 All bow and fear me! >:)

If a job seems overwhelming at first, how about taking some classes at a community college? It gets you out of the house and around people. You would be using your mind and possibly gaining college credit/professional qualifications at the same time. And of course counseling/therapy can be very helpful too. Saying things out loud to someone can make a big difference. Of course a therapist will do much more than just listen, but it's nice to spill your guts to someone who has no stake in your life.

I am working on taking 3 different tests so I can get a job. I'm working on taking the CompTIA Certification A+, then the Network, and finally the Security test, when I have all three it shouldn't be very difficult to find a job.

Dude, I had an alternate life in a 'lala land' for as long as I can remember. Books, TV shows, games yeah... all that stuff, it's almost as real as the 'real' life. I cannot play videogames right now since my PC is too old and if I replace it, it'll still be a problem because my sister raises a scandal if there's only just goddamn vibration or any sound at all (no matter how faint) coming from the computer when she's studying, can you imagine that? I still miss games terribly so there ya go, I envy anyone who can play them ;) I haven't even finished the last one I played (Neverwinter Nights 2) because my computer started freezing during one of the major battles. Sigh..

evanescencefan91 said:
ohh what game? I've been playing FFXIII for the past 4 hours

XD

I got Metro 2033. I got that game the day it came out (I preordered it)

Latest posts

Back