Why does it always end up this way? (rant/venting)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NarcolepticInsomniac

Reaction score
Recently I broke up with my boyfriend since we were basically drifting apart (plus I got tired of his immaturity). Of course I couldn't find a better time to dump him than before prom season (sarcasm).

So I decided to try and find someone to go with and not have to worry about it later, since prom is only three months away. However, I quickly remembered that I am one of the most hideous girls in my grade (it explains why I couldn't get a boyfriend until tenth grade and even then I still think that he accepted out of pity). I resolved to take my best guy friend with me, who's gay, but a girl in our choir class asked him to go with her or she wouldn't go to the prom period (which is stupid to not go if you didn't have a date). I decided to give up and go alone.

I realize now that in the long run, I will ALWAYS be alone. I will either be alone or stay as the third wheel and even though I've gone back to being single for not even a week, I find myself crying every night just at the most random times. My friend told me to talk to someone about whatever's bugging me but it's hard to talk to people who won't take time away from their insignificant others or texting random people to just stop and listen.

Well this board is full of people with tons of time (me included), so don't be afraid to vent. There are tons of people who will respond.

I had a long term girlfriend throughout high school, but we broke up the summer before going off to University. Since then, while I've tried countless times, I've only had one fling (which lasted just under two weeks). I've now been out of high school for three years. Suffice to say it gets pretty lonely, however you have to remain optimistic.

You've only been out of a relationship for a week. Don't worry yourself too much because you've still got a lot ahead of you. Oh and by the way, my prom didn't work out very well at all, in fact it was horrible. Even if you go alone, have some fun with your friends and be optimistic and you'll have a good time.

NarcolepticInsomniac said:
I realize now that in the long run, I will ALWAYS be alone. I will either be alone or stay as the third wheel and even though I've gone back to being single for not even a week, I find myself crying every night just at the most random times.

I don't mean to be harsh when I say all this, but really....the only reason you'll end up this way is because you THINK you will. You've barely lived a FIFTH of your life, and you've already given up? Becuase a HIGH SCHOOL teenaged boy couldn't stick with you? Come on, I mean....really. You have plenty of time to get a guy; and you're CHOOSING to give up.

I don't think I'll ever understand why someone would measure themself as unable to operate in society based on whether or not they have a significant other. Do you feel like you can't contribute to society or be happy without one? BECAUSE YOU CAN. There's no rush. You're what--17? 18? 19? Do me a favor and don't count yourself out of the game until you're 50 and you've tried every possible route to love, ok?

----Steve

You won't always be alone. He was obviously not your type; and was obviously too immature for you.

I'm a pretty lonely guy. I've been in some relationships for the sole purpose of just having someone that cares; just for the short term enjoyment. Don't do this, even though you will momentarily be happy, you will be unhappy for a while after it ends. What you need to do is make a list of the things you want in a guy, and only settle for that. I did that. I'm 19, and I have never had a real relationship. But as I said before, I was just unhappy in the relationships that I've been in because they just simply weren't good for me at all. But when I get my ideal partner, everything will be great.

High school relationships seem to be a joke 90% of the time. Don't put much weight on that... don't let it put you down. You're just a teenager, you won't always be alone.

If you think you're hideous, then make yourself better. If you're overweight, you can easily fix that by getting into an exercise routine and by cutting the sodas/junk food out of your life. Now is the time to do it, as a teenager. When you get older it gets a lot harder to get in shape.

Well you are not alone, I can tell you that much. I recently lost a chance to have a girlfriend because I was dishonest with my feelings.

It may be hard now, but you must have hope. You have to have courage. Most of all you have to be willing to suffer a bit. If you feel you are ugly, identify what is ugly about you and change it. I myself think my body is hideous. So I am going to make myself not fat.

I also have terrible social anxiety... I think... no official diagnosis, but I just know I do. So I am going to try to get over that. I know that being drunk is one way... but not the right way. So I am just going to go out and play DDR. If I see someone my age, I am going to try to say hi to them.

You have to try not to fall into the darkness. If you fall into the darkness, it will consume you. I learned that with my friend. Had it not been for her I would not have been here. I do not want to fall into darkness again. Because I will fall faster than before.

If you want, I can be a friend to help you through this. A journey of self-improvement is a daunting task. If you want to face it with me it will seem less daunting. :p... nah I won't say that out loud.... :D

Just let me know if you need someone to help you improve yourself.

Latest posts

Back