Just Taking a Drive

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFrozenSoul

Reaction score
Today I did something that made me feel really good. I took a nice long drive, along familiar roads. I guess it is because I really like my car. I have a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX. After today I REALLY love my car. Driving all that distance made me just feel better.

Then I remembered an anime I watched called Honey & Clover. The main character.... whats his name... :p forgot. There was a time when he had an emotional break down kind of like me. So he got on his bike and just rode. He road as far as he could. After taking my drive today, I thought how nice it would be to just get in my car and drive... see how far I can make it in a weekend.

Well anyway there are some stats below, with a map. I took them with my android phone using an app called My Tracks. I plan on doing this again, and I plan on posting about it again...

• Max speed 128.63
  • Distance 247.46
  • Time 4:50:53
  • Average speed 56.68
  • The Map

Has anyone else ever done something like this, or have a story to post?

I highly recommend Honey and Clover as an anime to watch. I will just warn you, it is very emotional and very depressing. Watch at your own discretion.

I love going on long drives, sometimes through the city and at other times through the country side. Clears my head and helps me cheer up.

I like to get out and run....which isn't really long-distance, but I guess it can count because I'm moving and just enjoying myself without thinking about anything.

I commute about 26 miles to school everyday, so I get that time to think and plan for the day...and then reflect and unwind on the way home. So that's a pretty good time, I suppose.

----Steve

loketron said:
wow almost 250 miles!?! you really went for it
Indeed I did, felt good to actually do something. Normally I just kind of drive for a little bit then go home.

Funny how after going 100 MPH makes 60 MPH feel like the car is not moving

Latest posts

Back