What do you think of chubby chicks wearing bikinis to pools?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

( Yeah, yeah...ya'll are going "Here goes Luna again..." :rolleyes: )

About 3 years ago, I weighed in at 150 pounds at 5'4.
Now you may be thinking..."No...that's not bad" etc.
But for my frame, it didn't suit me.
I had trouble going up the stairs and was constantly tired.
While I was average weight throughout my younger years in school, I packed on the pounds when I started using food to cope with stress and loneliness in junior high.

I'm now at 130 pounds but I find that I still have a lot of fat in my stomach. It's like a little pooch or something of the sort.
I don't look too bad from the side, but from above, it looks huge.
Any tips on how to work on that?
I eat healthy and exercise regularly, but I want to be fit when I go swimming in a few weeks.
Since I was young, I would wear a t-shirt and shorts over my swimsuit since I was embarrassed of my body.
It`s uncomfortable...to have so much wet clothing sticking onto you.
I just want to be naked and free!! Hahaha...
I have a bikini - it's my motivational bikini...haha - and I want to wear it...just finally get over myself...but I don't want to put people off.
I always have admired women that are not perfect, strut their stuff.
I'm just afraid of being singled out and laughed at/ picked on/ pointed out etc.
I`d be horrified if someone walked up to me and told me off like I`ve experienced before.
******** just walking up to me to let me know that I`m ugly and shouldn`t be allowed to live.

;-; I`m afraid...I can`t yell back or anything - it`s just not me.
I`m the kind of person that just wants to talk things over. I don`t argue.
I`m paranoid of being harassed.

What crosses your mind when you see a chubby person in a bikini?
Should I wear something with more coverage?
Why the hell are those one-pieces made so **** ugly!!!?
Bikinis always look nicer hahaha...

Most people never get rid of that pooch. It's natural to have it though, even when you're naturally skinny and never was fatter. It's really for if you have a baby, kind of like having wide hips. My brother's wife has always been a twig, and she still has that pooch.

It's a free country and people should be able to do what they want to. When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought you would have stated a much larger number. 5'4 130 doesn't sound that bad and almost everyone wants to be able to lose some of their weight. Good for you though. You have lost a lot of weight and if you really want to lose more, keep at it. My sister is only 5'4 and probably weighs more then that and she has someone who loves her just the way she is.

Wearing a bikini will show that you are comfortable with you and your body. In reality though your weight is fine to many people. I know being harassed always hurts and its easier said to get over it then done but in the end anyone who puts you down is a d bag. They should not be worth listening to at all. No one should be able to tell you what to do and how to live your life. If you want to wear a bikini,then you should be able to wear one. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would think you look just fine in one.

Although your stomach may not look completly flat, it doesnt doesnt mean you look fat or unattractive. 130 pounds is a good weight and I can tell you right now your not going 'put people off'. Lets face it, most people will never have what they consider the perfect body. All you can do is exercise, eat right, and then be proud of the body you have worked for.
Put on the bikini and go have fun. What you have described is by no means 'chubby,' and there is no use in being held back by your fear of what someone, somewhere, might possibly say to you one day.

You've come a long ways, Luna. Be proud of yourself for that. You just need to start learning to love and embrace yourself.

The one body you have is yours, so own it. Don't let fear control you.

I would not call 5'4" and 150 or 130 "chubby," I'd probably call it "curvy," and there's nothing wrong with curves. Although I would say that it is true that everyone carries the weight differently.

That lower stomach pooch is hard to get rid of, but Abs of Steel worked for me waaaaay back when before I had kids. Now, three pregnancies and multiple abdominal surgeries later I think that I am probably doomed to having a perma-pooch. lol

But really, some of those intense lower body workouts will do a lot to tighten up the muscles.

I say if you want to wear a bikini, put it on and wear with with pride. :D

I haven't reached 130 yet, but I already call myself "chubby". At 130, I would feel just fine wearing a bikini, and screw anybody who has a problem with it.

If your BMI is in a healthy range, then what's the big issue? Maybe doing some crunches everyday will help tighten up that area. I dunno, but I like curves, and a belly (within reason) is sexy :D If you want that bikini, go for it. One-pieces accent body lines further anyway. That's why I like 'em though :p

Chubby girls should wear whatever the fresia they want to, wherever they want to.

If it offends someone, that person can always choose to NOT LOOK. Gobless Freedom.

----Steve

mintymint said:
If your BMI is in a healthy range, then what's the big issue? Maybe doing some crunches everyday will help tighten up that area. I dunno, but I like curves, and a belly (within reason) is sexy :D If you want that bikini, go for it. One-pieces accent body lines further anyway. That's why I like 'em though :p
Exactly

Plus with a one piece you can trick others into seeing all your hard work. People have to take in what you are wearing when you wear a one piece.

I'm fat, and I wear what I want. I happen not to like short, skimpy or revealing clothes, which is good for me.

Not only do I think you should go to the pool in a bikini, I think you should take me with you ;)

Wear whatever you want to the pool, and if anyone tells you anything different, set them on fire.

I'm chubtastic. I wear what I like without being sleazy,or having rolls hang out all over the place. I dress casually,I dress to impress,and I look **** awesome doing it. :D

I don't do pools or bikinis.

dreamer8 said:
I'm chubtastic. I wear what I like without being sleazy,or having rolls hang out all over the place. I dress casually,I dress to impress,and I look **** awesome doing it. :D

I don't do pools or bikinis.

:)

Even at my thinnest I never wore bikinis. It's just me, but I don't like showing a lot of skin in public. Partly it's because my skin is pale, like really, vampirish pale, and I burn easily and am allergic to just about any fragrance they put into things, like some sunblocks. Hell, I don't even like going out in public in a tank top.

After I gained weight thanks to 3 pregnancies, I dressed to camoflage, not to emphasize. I remember this one time seeing a girl out at Target who was wearing 2 layered tank tops which were easily 2 sizes too small, plus those ultra low rise jeans (also too tight) cinched in tightly to add extra oomph to the muffin top.

Dear God. The thing is... she was out with her mom who was dressed exactly the same!

I think that people ought to dress to flatter their body types rather than be slaves to a particular fashion trend, especially when that trend only looks good on a fraction of the population.

*cough* Sorry. I ranted. lol

/rant

Latest posts

Back