Going the distance...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer8

Reaction score
I'm finally doing the things I need to get functional again.
I went to my primary physician,and spoke with him about my lonliness/depression.
He divulged to me that he had to stand up to his unsupportive father at the age of 30.
I also told him I'm kind of the outcast at school; and he told me he used to hang out with the nerds,and, yeah,I could totally see it. We kind of shared a silent moment,staring at each other. I think he pretty much knew I that I am kind of the dorky,artistic type.
He gave me a referal to see a psychiatrist. He also said something to my mother,on his way out,as the office closed. She scalded me for talking to him about my depression and disregarded professional help saying hers[help] was more valuable than theirs...she's done it for years and I'm suffering because of it. I'm trying to change all that.
I'm also making the change as far as physical activity goes and investing in a bike.
I'm also applying new places to work,as the job I currently have is volatile and more stressful than I should have to deal with in my condition...
I have my eye set on someone locally,but I know with anything relationships take time and they're not instantaneous. So,I'll wait for something to develop,if it ever does.

Good for you!

Is your mother going to be a barrier for you, like can she prevent you from seeing the psychiatrist you were referred to?

No offense to your mom, because I know she's a big part of your life, but whatever she's doing to try to help you isn't working. So there must be another way to be sought in order to help you. It's like saying someone can't help you with a math problem, so you seek someone else to help. It's not that her thoughts are invaluable, but they just aren't doing anything.

If I were a mom, and my child went to someone else for help, I would feel like as a mom, I'm not doing or saying the right things to help. So I would seek other ways to do it. Then again, as a mom, she might feel like she's being replaced in that area. I know when I don't need my mom's help on simple things that I know how to do, she gets sad that I no longer need her help doing it.

coricopat said:
Good for you!

Is your mother going to be a barrier for you, like can she prevent you from seeing the psychiatrist you were referred to?

She could. Not physically,just mentally. She has a way of manipulating people mentally.

Badjedidude said:
Punch her in the kidneys. :p She can't manipulate you if she's peein' blood.

You ever meet a problem you couldn't punch BJD? :p

Badjedidude said:
Punch her in the kidneys. :p She can't manipulate you if she's peein' blood.

Well now we know why it's BJD instead of just JD.

@dreamer8 - Well at least you recognize the manipulation. That'll make it easier to counteract. Stay strong!

Latest posts

Back