Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

teach

Hi. I find myself, once again, sitting at home on a holiday. I'm 35, school teacher, mother of a great kid who is currently on visitation. I've never been one to build great friendships. Oddly, I'm in a relationship, been in one for nearly 6 years, but he's extremely emotionally detached, so often I find myself alone. No, it's not a case of him cheating, he's just not a relationship-type, as he's been alone as well, until I came along, and just doesn't know how to be in a relationship. So, what to do.

I read a lot, watch movies, not hesitant to go out to the movies myself, but which I wasn't in the position of being a 35-year old, non-married woman, as there isn't really a big welcome wagon, at least around here, for this position. If you're 35, with kids, you're also married and hanging out with your other married friends while your kids play together, and the menfolk talk. At least that's what I'm used to seeing and am exposed to.

Hey Teach,

I'm a teacher, too. And though I'm married with a child, I still spend a lot of time alone. I guess I am longing mostly for some intellectual discourse--some mental companionship from like minded people.

Latest posts

Back