Computer Basics Book

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

So, today I bought The Complete Idiot's Guide to Computer Basics.

Yeah, I know that I said I wanted to learn programming but I felt like if I could understand everything in this basic book then perhaps I could move onto a book about how Windows vista worked and then branch out from there. :)

400000000000000114784_s4.jpg

I bought the 5th edition.

Why would you want to learn how to program? Don't you know that computers will one day rise up against their masters and murder us all?

...or is that why you're doing it?!

Good luck! I used to be a computer programmer and I'd be interested to know how you go. Keep us posted.

An archist said:
Why would you want to learn how to program? Don't you know that computers will one day rise up against their masters and murder us all?

You don't need to worry about that. There is a much more insidious creature that will dominate the planet when they feel that the time is right. Computers and the rest only serve to take the focus away from the real threat.

AndrewM said:
Good luck! I used to be a computer programmer and I'd be interested to know how you go. Keep us posted.

Programing can be fun to play around with. I don't know if Lurker's interest is to try to make a living at it.

Minus said:
You don't need to worry about that. There is a much more insidious creature that will dominate the planet when they feel that the time is right. Computers and the rest only serve to take the focus away from the real threat.

Crab people? Seriously...what's the hidden threat? o_O Jellies? Insects? lol

Badjedidude said:
Minus said:

Tribbles, BJD... we're all F'd in the A.

2hq78cp.jpg

Badjedidude said:

That, i feel, is one of the main reasons that they will succeed. This tendency to trivialize the threat. It all fairness it seems to be only those closest to them that suspect they are a threat. Some of them are very aware that they are being watched and see this coming, while others even knowing that we are being watched remain blissfully unaware of what it means. The future domination of mankind.

I'm currently on chapter 5: Navigating Windows Vista. There are 33 chapters in all. lol :p

Now I'm on chapter 6. Whoo. lol.

Luis told me when i finish this book i'll be a level .5

He also told me that my current level of skill on the computer is -1.

I have no idea what this scale of competency means :D

Now I'm on chapter 7 :). I just finished chapter 6: Windows XP up close and personal.

I just finished chapter 7 and am now bored. I need to go back and re-read chapter 6 and 7 sometime...maybe tomorrow.

Yes, I have read this book before some times ago. And I really came to know that this is the book for that person who really don't know anything about computer. There is really very basic of the computer. This is a wonderful straight forward book for beginners and intermediate PC users. I have used PCs for years and just wanted to make sure that I did not have any gaps in my knowledge and I found out a lot of stuff that I didn't even know.

Tell me SophiaGrace is this book easy to follow. Cos my Nan has a computer book that someone at this class she gows to gave her and honestly she gives it to me to help her with and it never makes seance to me. It always seems like they go around the long way and make things moor complicated then it has to be. I always just end up putting the book down and saying to me Nan just tell me what you wont to know and I show you.

This is why I don't go to college for anything. They always seem to teach you in a complicated way. I seem to be a million times better at teaching my self what ever I need to know. And actually I tout me self how to use a computer pretty dame well in a short space of time :D

Oh I tried telling my mom what is the difference between restart button and power on button and I quit.

LOL! :p haha yeah I know... my mom still has trouble differentiating between icons and links...and whether to click once or twice, depending on what she's clicking. Haha so she ends up double running programs on her computer all the time.

HS207_lil_white_mouse.jpg

There are lots of books for basic computers and programming from you get lots of knowledge which can performs you to create the website and lot of things which is basic concept of computer and programming .

Latest posts

Back