solutions?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Switch

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd post a little idea I thought of. I noticed that I spend a lot of time in my room, and I don't know if this is true of other people who feel lonley, but the worst time is at night. Being all alone, wondering why I'm stuck like this, and it kinda of made me think about why I waste my time, my life, my opportunities on a "negative aspect." Being alone can be really frustrating because isolation is not something humans naturally like, but for people like us who feel like there is a huge block stopping us, it's best to accept the situation not fight it. I wish I could have realized this earlier because even at night now, it still bothers me not having people in my life, but I know that I still love, accept, and believe in myself. It's hard, but it's the healthy way to deal!

I disagree. It's not healthy to sit back and accept things as they are.

If you want to get anywhere in life, you have to have drive. You have to go out and MAKE IT SO and keep fighting until they close the lid on your cold dead body.

It is absolutely NOT healthy to accept being lonely as a matter of course.

Yeah for sure. It's important to go out and get what you want, but in the downtime, most people need to accept THEMSELVES, not hate, degrade, and limit themselves because of a certain situation. If someone were to have a problem, it would be unhealthy for them to wallow in their despair, which is what a lot of people do with their challenges in life. Accepting yourself and all your "flaws" is the first step to getting better. After that it is then can you go out and make it so.

haha, I've just registered in this site and so far all I am going through with my life now is what people here are going through as well. It's surprising and somewhat heart warming to know that I am not alone, though technically I am.

I spent almost all my time in my room too and yes like you've said, the nights are unbearable. I used to think that the sun is relative to my happy pill. When I wake up its easy to be happy, see the sun and listen to good music usually works as a starter and then as the sun sets, that's when I feel sad about it, that's when it will down on me that I am really alone.

I think I know what you mean and I agree with you. Because I spent too many times being alone, I kind of forget how it was like to be with people. I find it very tiring to be in a crowded place. To be honest, I don't want to sleep over at my friend's houses because I like to stay in my room. What I did was enjoy my isolation. Here I can almost do whatever I want, I even talk out loud. I've accepted the fact that I am like this and the good thing is I've accepted the fact that I'm not so much of a people person, I still find things to like about myself.

I don't think its a way of accepting defeat or sitting back and doing nothing. Sometimes we have to take it slowly and let our frustrations wash off. Whatever sadness one is going through, it is always helpful to admit it and say/express what one feels. In isolation, you can do that. After you've release the negative feelings, what is left is your determination to be better and do something to become the person you want to be.

Thanks for the thought today :)

Sure you can accept it, its perfectly possible to lead a life without alot of social contacts when you can get happiness out of other things.

You speak of a wasted life and opportunities, how old are you?
Its never too late in life to grasp new opportunities, im 18 years old and have in these short years wasted alot of time and missed alot of opportunities, but i get new opportunities everyday and when im ready to grasp one i will.

Accepting everything as they are is good, for a while. Being human means threading life one message at a time, and being inhuman is not threading at all. We only live one lifetime, but before we pass on we should live life as we wish it to be. I am already 32, and my life is in shambles from recent developments in my life. But Im happy I decided to my country in search of greener pastures, if not then I would not have found out that even though I am striving to make my families lives comfortable she was thinking something else.

Given that im still happy, that these past few years I was with my love I had someone to call on me, tell me stories of home and someone telling me I love you every time I call. Wouldn't you want the same for yourself? Yes failed relationships are a fact of life, but for me it was not all sad part but the good part of it all.

My idea about life is 'Life is too short to watch other people succeed'.

So drop by the bar and get a beer and live life like hell! I know I will when I get back home. You see as you get old, your limitations increases. Better work hard while you are still young and able, rather than start working hard when your hair turns grey or falls off.

You can do it!

Latest posts

Back