its only been a week!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

louboolicious

Hi

im louise..im 20..and i have a dead end job!! My mates are amazing but they live at least 100 miles away in either direction

i just split up with my boyfriend of 3 years, he text me today tellin me he has a crush on some other girl? Its only been a week!!!

I really need someone to talk to...who has gone thru this and can give me advice?

Lou xxx

Hi Lou,

Well, sweetheart, I've been through some things similar. Your ex sounds like a real *******! Do you still love him? May I ask why you guys broke up?

You need a better job. What could you do to either advance in this job, get into another career with better potential, or perhaps go back to school to have more job opportunities?

My thought about your ex: It seems that he is moving on very quickly. Some men do this because they want to try to forget the pain--especially if you broke up with him or it was mutual.

He also might be trying to hurt your feelings if you broke up with him.

Hugs,

LG

thanks for getting back to me lonely girl! :) its nice to know there is someone else out there!!

I think i do still love him, we had a very difficult relationship tho. It was me who ended it with him, he has issues - i used to be a very upbeat social person who loved going out and doing things, over the period of time we have been together i have slowly turned into him? being self concious, put on lots of weight, never really going out, being shy and timid! i decided i needed out..but now i feel insecure without him and like i will never find anyone else?

huggles

lou xx

Hi sweetie,

I know what you mean. Trust me, I have a strong notion he's just messing with your head. If he's overweight and shy, he probably has not met anyone so quickly--and may never meet another woman for a very long time!

Did he mistreat you? Was he boring? Was he mean? I think he's just saying that to make you jealous and more likely to come back to him. Don't do it. If you were unhappy in the relationship, nothing's changed. A guy can't change that quickly! If you think the relationship still has life left in it, perhaps couple's counseling?

LG

Whoever gets dumped is usually seeking revenge. It's human nature to want to hurt people who have hurt you. However, it's still not right. Breaking up is hard to do, just like the song says!

I've had several ex's do this to me. 1 was 3 days, 1 was a week and a half, and 1 well she didn't even wait until the relationship was over.
:rolleyes:

People of both genders can be quite fickle. Especially when you're dealing with people on the younger end of the age bracket.

louboolicious said:
Hi

im louise..im 20..and i have a dead end job!! My mates are amazing but they live at least 100 miles away in either direction

i just split up with my boyfriend of 3 years, he text me today tellin me he has a crush on some other girl?  Its only been a week!!!

I really need someone to talk to...who has gone thru this and can give me advice?

Lou xxx

You should ask yourself, is there anything I could have been doing for the past 3 years that I haven't been doing because of this relationship? Honey, dead end jobs are for people more invested in a relationship than in a career. That's not you, since you have no relationship anymore. So think of this as an opportunity for taking steps toward achieving your highest goals. Exercise, get back in shape, put yourself in situations where you can't help but meet new people, keep yourself too busy to obsess over this guy, and never let fear and common sense hold you back.

And you know, there's nothing wrong with having crushes on people. You should try it sometime.

Latest posts

Back