Feeling out of place, even here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the age group here?

• 15 and under

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-20

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 21-30

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 41 qne up

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
N

nena

I have been trying very hard to get over me being shy. But with my depression and low self-esteem I find it very difficult to meet people online and off.

I feel as if I don't belong here as well. If that turns out to be true, I truly am alone.

I do not want you to post your age. The poll will be enough.

Hi Nena,

What's going on? Welcome, and I'm glad you joined. Do you have any idea why you have low self-esteem, depression, and are shy?

Many times it's because you were abused or mistreated as a child.

Hugs,

LG

I do know why I am this way. Problem is never really spoke to anyone about it so its hard to. I was always told to be a listener never to speak of my problems nor let others know how I feel.

But today I just cant seem to stop crying (shrugs) sorry I don't mean to say negative things

And thank you LG for responding

Nena,

I took your poll and I think others have, too.

Why haven't you talked to anyone? You NEED to! If you are depressed, you need a counselor, medication, or both. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Why don't you get it off your chest? I'm listening.

"shakes head" no I cant do that.

I have tried counselors, but apparently I am truly invisible, even to them. As for medication I am very afraid to take those.

(thanks for all of you that have taken the poll)

Hi Nena,I'm new here to,I voted in your poll and I do hope you will give it a chance here,maybe it will help a bit in time.
I know it can be hard to talk about personal issues when you where taught to keep things inside.It was very much like that in my family,where they believe things like depression and anxiety disorders do not exist or are merely a sign of weakness.
Don't let them make you in there image,don't let them take all from you,there are other people in the world,maybe there rare,hard to find but there is such thing as compassion and moments its not only okay to talk about your problems but imporant and good for the heart and soul.
Maybe try to start small,if you don't want to start by posting something here prehaps you could get yourself a notebook and write some things out,just let it out onto paper,don't censor yourself.Tell yourself you can always keep it private(everyone after all deserves a place to express themselves in private if they wish)if you like but give yourself some room to vent.I hope some of this helps a little,take care Nena

Angelus thank you for your reply.

I am going to give this place a shot. As for writing in notebooks. I use to do that, short stories, poems, inner feeling and thoughts. But I have no privacy or personal space, since I don't want others reading what I think. That wont work anymore.

Hi Nena
I don't mean to pry and if you don't want to talk about it I understand.Do you think a part of it might be your living situation?You said you had no privacy,I don't know your circumstance but that may very well be apart of it.I am also well aware of what that can do,its a long story but lets just say I hate my current living situation and where I live and I know,I mean I know the first real step in changing things is getting out of here.When your surrounded by negativity all the time,you just start to soak it up,it gets inside you.However I can tell you from personal experience the reverse can also happen.There was a time in my early 20's I got away from the situation I have been dealing with for so many years for awhile and the change over several months time was amazing.It didn't cure all my ills,I suffer from depression and social anxiety disorder and still have to deal with those things but a bad living sitauation can amplify those things so severly they can seem to swallow you whole so to speak.

lonelygirl said:

Hugs,

LG

I'm sorry but I'm very offended by that because that's a big assumption to make on someone (although it's not a big assumption here) but also because sometimes people are just shy, without having been abused.

Sweetest,

Sorry you were offended. I wasn't talking about shyness, per se. I was talking about low self esteem. I think people who have low self-esteem may have that because they were abused, mistreated, or ignored as kids. For example, I was all three. I was beaten, emotionally abused, and rejected by my father. My mother was emotionally unavailable. Therefore, I did not have parents to love me and make me feel loved. I have been plagued with this my whole life, and I know why I have low self esteem. However, knowing doesn't make it go away!

But I hate for young people to blame themselves for having low self esteem when they were abused.

That's true, I understand and I'm sorry. I'm here if you ever need someone.

nena said:
I have been trying very hard to get over me being shy. But with my depression and low self-esteem I find it very difficult to meet people online and off.

I feel as if I don't belong here as well. If that turns out to be true, I truly am alone.

I do not want you to post your age. The poll will be enough.

Hi Nena,
I too was very shy , when I was younger. It took many years to get over that. But anyways, do not give up on yourself.

When in doubt, I will quote Morrissey and/or The Smiths lyrics to people

Shyness is nice, and shyness can stop you
from doing all the things in life you'd like to.
Coyness is nice, and coyness can stop you
from doing all the things in life you'd like to.

So, if there's something you'd like to try
Ask me, I can't say no, how could I?

Spending warm summer days indoors
Writing frightening verse
to a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

HAY! am in the age group thats got the most hear. how cool is that. 32 i am :) and lonelygirl i lessen to Morrissey. i like the lyrics to hes songs to. like just of the top of my head this is a bit i remember.

(litol lame on a hill, run fast is you can, tows crashtens want to kill you and your just like me) well iv never been much of a singer lol

Hey,

Yes, I love that song.

"Little lamb, on a hill, run fast as you can. Good Christians, they want to kill you, and your life has not even begun. You're just like me, just like me, and your life has not even begun!"

I love Morrissey period. He is one of my musical idols. A very intelligent, handsome, sexy, adorable, charming man!

well is that not like life. you think all that of Morrissey yet am %99 Sher that hes gay lol yep that sounds about right to me.

funny it most be true that all the hansom men are gay. who sang that one?

oh and you sang the lyrics better then me :) if you can sing in this way on the net lol but it still come across better

Sorry, I have not check here and let so many post pass by. Its weird after reading these few post I felt good that people here are nice and understand. (hugs everyone)

- angelus you are right about the living arrangements, but I cannot change that.

lonelygirl Wrote:

Hugs,

LG
- LG you are right about the above.

- Rickm373 I am trying not to give up, this is why I found this place. Perhaps I was guided here.

lonelygirl said:
Lol
My voice isn't the best.
But I can quote Morrissey endlessly.

you mean you dont have hes masters voice lol am hoping that you well get that one as your into morrissey ;)

and this lyric ------->(all the hansom men are gay) is just something that Robby williams sings in one of hes songs. have you heard of him be for?

Hey Bluey,

Yes. Robbie Williams is the pretty boy from some British Boy band (Take That)? He's very handsome but a bit cheesy, I think.

I like his one song, Millenium...which samples the song 'You Only Live Twice' Which is a great song from a James Bond soundtrack.

Latest posts

Back