My pet died

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyNiCalLiBrAn

Reaction score
I am once again reminded horribly that the world is total crap. I wake up today finally feeling a little bit better. A little less angry like today might be a nice day. I sit around for a few hours talking waking up doing the normal every day thing. I decide to go to my basement and as I walk down I find my cat Clarissa laying at the bottom stair on her side. I pick her up she's kind of unusually cold so I brought her upstairs to the porch where its sunny and warm to look at her. She can't stand shes got crud on her face and paws and she can barely keep her eyes open... I took her to the vet to find that not only were they raping us to even try to figure out what was wrong .... But to top it off they wouldnt guarantee anything. Then they want 200 to put a 5 lb cat down and 200 for her ashes. I had to stand there totally useless to my pet. The cat that I watched being born and took care of for 5 years. I had to watch her die because I don't have the money to pay to even find out whats wrong with her. This happens 2 weeks after my other cat of 8 years passed away.. All this happens and I feel like Job. I feel like what the hell have I done wrong to deserve losing everything and everyone I love.

You haven't done anything wrong. It's just the cycle of life. Things come and go. Things change. I've always believed that when someone or something dies, another life is born.

Oh, cynical :(

Please don't blame yourself. Like Creme said, it's not your fault. I am so sorry for your loss.
Try to remember that your cat isn't suffering more, and no longer in pain. I'm sure your both of your pets were lucky to have you for an owner and knew that you cared about them. Don't hold it against yourself.

*hugs CyNiCalLiBrAn*

Hugs.jpg

oh I'm so sorry that's terrible veterinary services are so expensive

sometimes people underestimate the bond that can form between man and animal,

but I'm sure your cat knew how much you loved them, and I'm sure they lived a good life with such a kind and caring friend such as yourself

when I was in 7th grade we had to put down our dog alex :(

we had him my whole life, ever since the day i was born until i was about 13

I am sorry to hear about your cat. Money is an issue in my life too. Sometimes we don't do anything to deserve the crap life throws at us. I sure hope i get some good answers when i pass over to the other side one day. You are surviving this. I know there is nothing i can say to make you feel better. I just want you to know that i can identify with the loss of a pet and the lack of resources and i am sorry to hear about it.
CyNiCalLiBrAn said:
I am once again reminded horribly that the world is total crap. I wake up today finally feeling a little bit better. A little less angry like today might be a nice day. I sit around for a few hours talking waking up doing the normal every day thing. I decide to go to my basement and as I walk down I find my cat Clarissa laying at the bottom stair on her side. I pick her up she's kind of unusually cold so I brought her upstairs to the porch where its sunny and warm to look at her. She can't stand shes got crud on her face and paws and she can barely keep her eyes open... I took her to the vet to find that not only were they raping us to even try to figure out what was wrong .... But to top it off they wouldnt guarantee anything. Then they want 200 to put a 5 lb cat down and 200 for her ashes. I had to stand there totally useless to my pet. The cat that I watched being born and took care of for 5 years. I had to watch her die because I don't have the money to pay to even find out whats wrong with her. This happens 2 weeks after my other cat of 8 years passed away.. All this happens and I feel like Job. I feel like what the hell have I done wrong to deserve losing everything and everyone I love.

Some four years ago, I had to get my dog put down. Not only did it mean the loss of a great friend but it also marked the end of an era because he had been with me since I was forteen years old.

It was a very upsetting time and even though the heartache has long since passed, life never seemed quite so 'nice' from thereonout.

I am sorry to hear about your cat. That is a difficult time.

You really cared for your cats it sounds like, and that's a better life than a lot of cats ever get. Things die and there's really not anything we can do about it. At that stage, your cat was probably just ready to go.

I think you should get another cat. A shelter one, I'd suggest. Not as a 'replacement', but to give another cat a good home, and make another new friend.

First of all, I am very sorry for your loss.

Second, that absolutely sucks that you had to watch your cat die because of lack of money. It isn't fair. Your cat deserved care just as any other animal-with or without the money. It happens to people as well unfortunately.

Third, you did NOTHING to deserve it. Life is life and it has it's own rules. It rains on those who deserve it and those who don't.

I am glad that you were there though. As hard as it was for you, I wonder if it didnt bring some comfort to your cat to have you there. You did get to say goodbye and I know it was much sooner than you had hoped for. Maybe thats all you have thats remotely positive from this experience so far.

So I guess I said all that just to say ..Im sorry your hurting right now and ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs to you))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

im sorry to hear that. some people dont get that pets are like family. i dont live with my parents anymore but their dog is awesome and when he dies i know it will be hard for everyone including me. he is a member of the family.

Latest posts

Back