Where Do You Live?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Sky

Reaction score
Just wondering where people on this site live.
I live in Melbourne Australia. It's down the bottom of the eastern side of Australia. Melbourne has a population of around 3 million people. It can get very hot in the summer and winter is cool but we don't get any snow. I've lived here all my life and quite content here.

I live near Washington, DC, in America. It's nothing too great. It's very expensive to live around here, there are a lot of arrogant rich people (I don't like them) and its crowded, with lots of heavy traffic, pollution, illegal immigrants, and some areas are dirty.

Gothenburg, Sweden. Cold in the winter, warm in the summer. Nature is everywhere, even in the middle of the big city. Huge clouds over the skies the last week and will continue for another week before the sun hopefully peeks out. Often very cloudy up here.

Helsinki, Finland. Well actually a small town 50km from helsinki..

We should do a frapper (what ever it's called) the map thingie that shows push pins for everyones location.

I really wish we had a live chat so that we could all talk at once, how fun that would be! Hint, hint, Bjarne! :)

justme said:
We should do a frapper (what ever it's called) the map thingie that shows push pins for everyones location.
lonelygirl said:
I really wish we had a live chat so that we could all talk at once, how fun that would be! Hint, hint, Bjarne! :)

That map things seems like a very good idea, not just fun, but also practical for people to find someone to meet!

A live chat seems like a great one too! **** i wish Bjarne could get a break some time soon se he could catch up! =)

Gothenburg? I've always wanted to visit just because of In Flames. :p

Robin said:
Gothenburg, Sweden. Cold in the winter, warm in the summer. Nature is everywhere, even in the middle of the big city. Huge clouds over the skies the last week and will continue for another week before the sun hopefully peeks out. Often very cloudy up here.

LoL, i don't know why, but i just came to think of this huge gala of music which is gonna go on for 22 hours; perhaps In Flames sing some new song about how they hate how the sun melt their ice-cream? ;)

Well, I'll be the first to suggest that we all download Yahoo messenger. It's really quite simple, free, and I am 99 percent doesnt' have any spyware. Yahoo.com, you create a free email account, and then download the service. It has the ability to make international phone calls for free, I think as well.

Robin, do you Skype? I have it on my computer but have not yet used it to make free international calls. I'll Skype you, though!

I'd vote for msn messenger (Live messenger these days) :). Everyone has it and it's free too. It too has phone capabilities and groups chats.

Hmm, my generation almost entirely use the MSN client (and MSN Hotmail) here in Sweden, don't really know why. I don't really care which client to use, so i vote neutral. ;)

Hmm, LG, to be honest, i don't think it's such a good idea for me to use Skype. We like it calm and peaceful at my home and we never do anything which creates noise unless the other one is somewhere else. And, by the way, my girlfriend really get jellous whenever she see that i talk or even chat with another woman! She's afraid i'll leave her! LoL, she's so scared sometimes. ;) Tried to convince her so many times but she still don't like it! No offense though, really, it's another fun idea of Yours.

lonelygirl said:

go hear and use this chat box i have in a blog that iv done. i never use it so your all very welcome to. i well but it in my profile are some where moor permanent if you all wouled like me to so that we can all instant chat :) just let me know what you wouled all like me to do with it.

http://the-lynx1.blogspot.com/

Hey Robin,

Oops, sorry didn't mean to get you in trouble with your girlfriend. Does she live in Sweden also? I understand about being jealous. You guys are young, and it's hard to be self-confident in a relationship sometimes, especially a long distance one.

Yes, I've heard that MSN messenger is good, and most people use it. I think it has web cam functions as well. I guess I'd better make an account. I have an old Yahoo account and profile with my photograph. I'm not really very good with that kind of thing, so I guess I was just being lazy!

lonelygirl said:
Hey Robin,

Oops, sorry didn't mean to get you in trouble with your girlfriend. Does she live in Sweden also? I understand about being jealous. You guys are young, and it's hard to be self-confident in a relationship sometimes, especially a long distance one.

No no, LoL, didn't You read my introduction thread fully or did You forget? I live together with my girlfriend, that's what i mean with "family". =) When i were as most into gaming i were competing professionally and sat and shouted in the mic several evenings per week, so i'm used to it, but that was when i lived with my dad for a year and he were never home, so that was ok. I'm quite sure most neighbours heard me even though we lived in a terraced house. ;)

Both i and Madeleine hate to listen to others talking on the phone so i don't think she'd apprecciate me doing so via the net.

Wow, didn't know that you actually lived with your girlfriend. How wonderful. It's nice to be with someone so cozily. Of course, after time they can indeed get on your nerves.

Latest posts

Back