Don't do a thing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abandonedwolf

Reaction score
I am not social that much. When I am I act just really weird. I don't talk to the girls at my school. And when people make fun of me I don't say a thing but it is burnt into my mind. Also it is very hard when you can't talk to someone about your problems that is YOUR age. I am in my teen years and I don't know what will happen when I'm an adult. :(

Aww. Don't listen to people who are mean like that. People who make fun of people have their own insecurities deeper than they want to realize. It's just easy for them to fork over their sadness unto others. Don't let them get to you or tear you down. That's what they aim for. Don't let them win.

Teen years are an emotional roller coaster for the best of people.
However as for people having bad things to say about you.
Sorry to say it but this keeps going on through life. Just in different ways.
You really need to toughen your skin. Let thinks slide. Like all things. Wisdom will be your savior.
People can be complete asses at times. Expect the worst from people and you will only be happy.

I know Death-cap means well, but I completely disagree with him or her. It's not your fault that you're suffering at the hands of bullies. It's not because you're weak or you need toughening up. I can't tell you how many times I hear people say stuff like this to victims of bullying. It's part of a widespread misunderstanding of what is effectively a form of emotional abuse. For some reason, while there are laws against the bullying of adults, it's somehow considered a "normal" part of growing up.

Psychological strength is formed through loving relationships, not by being sent to boot camp. You're not going into a war zone, you're a teenager going to school. And what you need is some kind of support network to help you get through this. Do you have parents you can talk to about it? Relatives? Friends? Does the school have counsellors? Whatever you do don't isolate yourself during this tough time, because otherwise much of your adult life will be spent trying to repair the damage. Trust me on that one. And let us know what you think your options are.

Death-cap said:
Teen years are an emotional roller coaster for the best of people.
However as for people having bad things to say about you.
Sorry to say it but this keeps going on through life. Just in different ways.
You really need to toughen your skin. Let thinks slide. Like all things. Wisdom will be your savior.
People can be complete asses at times. Expect the worst from people and you will only be happy.

If you always expect the worst, how can you be happy? That makes people miserably, constantly, similar to another person I know of. It doesn't continue throughout life. It may if you surround yourself with people who still act like they're in high school. And while I agree with toughening your skin, people shouldn't have to because people act like half their age. Sadly, bullying has become part of average life in most of society, so being a bit tougher might help you through it.

AndrewM said:
Whatever you do don't isolate yourself during this tough time, because otherwise much of your adult life will be spent trying to repair the damage. Trust me on that one.

All too painfully true...

You'd might as well start the process's of defining who you are, who you want, and what you want out of life. This can be quite a long journey, but nothing is worse then living in confusion and toiling with constant change, both of which are often inescapable.

Realistically, there is much to be said for expecting or at least considering the worst. Trust is only relevant as an action which is a gamble. So it's wise to consider what you might be losing. There is also a lot to be said for thinking positively. Learn to live in the alignment of that which you want to attract. Believe it is already yours. It sounds crazy but I've had some success with it. It's not easy to expect the worst and also think and feel in the energy of what you want at the same time though.

But don't take my word... I fail at making any significant connections with life or those living it. My path of "exploration and freedom" causes me to harmonize too many opposing viewpoints, activities, etc to successfully "fit-in" anywhere or with anyone. It is a path of endless strife and disappointment.

I've been there and I'm sorry you're going through that...:(
I'm an adult now and it has gotten a bit better - I've found some strength in me that I thought I never had...
But it's a battle...
Especially if you've had to endure it for so long...
It's emotional and mental torture...
I wish I could go to your school and beat them with my skiis...
But if you need someone to talk to, I'm up for it and I'm sure many of the people here are...
I wish the best and hope that things get better for you.

Latest posts

Back