flirting is a tango, problem is I have 2 left feet.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chrism

ermm is it possible that ones flirting skills just didn't develop along those evolutionary or biological development of a human being? lol. I always thought thought that sex is a basic human instinct that everyone can be good at. It's not a talent so I don't know why guys are competing for who's better in bed or not. Anyway, I'm not talking about that.

This does not bother me particularly but I noticed that I don't know how to flirt with guys. Not like I want to, sometimes its just fun watching people flirt with each other. I don't like uncomfortable situations (well, who does?) but the thing is I don't put myself in situations I find uncomfortable, social interactions perhaps or to be more specific talking to a guy. Well I can talk to a guy but to a guy who's 'boyfriendableish' I tend to go the opposite direction where he is heading. And I do this automatically, subconsciously or whatever you call it. I just do it, I don't know why.

This is why I can't get a boyfriend. I am not worried about that now but I sure don't want to be single forever. And how can I get to level 10 if I can't get pass by level 1? Anyway, I just wanted to know if others have this kind of dilemma too. :)

The feelings are mutual, so go with them, you'll be safe, and if you go too fast, it wont be the end of it, so you have nothing to worry about as long as you listen to your gut.

Emotional expressions and body language is quite universal, and did evolve with us. The only way to really mess it up is to over think and ignore/question what you're telling yourself you should do.

As far as actually getting the boyfriend. Just approach him the same as if you're looking to meet a friend, then just mention at some point that you like them or something, ask if they'd like to meet up again, and offer them your number. Or just become friends, but push closer as you get more familiar with each other, and then tell them how you feel.

I guarantee you this is easier than you're making it.

So many double entendre's its actually amusing. Sorry i mean nothing personal by this.
Its just your reply really could have been worded so differently.
Its almost a little arousing. This is scarey for you not for me :)
I am a filthy old bugger.
Passions and emotions vary person to person.
When i was a young fella i was not very "loving" to my partners.
Now others did. Ultimately this is what makes us unique.
Just be who you are and enjoy it.
Perhaps you just need the correct man to inspire you to want to flirt?

Death-cap said:
So many double entendre's its actually amusing. Sorry i mean nothing personal by this.
Its just your reply really could have been worded so differently.
Its almost a little arousing. This is scarey for you not for me :)
I am a filthy old bugger.
Passions and emotions vary person to person.
When i was a young fella i was not very "loving" to my partners.
Now others did. Ultimately this is what makes us unique.
Just be who you are and enjoy it.
Perhaps you just need the correct man to inspire you to want to flirt?

What!? You are taking this so wrong sir.Having a boyfriend used to be so important to me. but i realized I just wanted one for the sake of having one and right now I'm more concerned about finishing school and learning things I want to learn like photography (if I get an slr). I don't understand your comment to be honest. but anyway, I mean no harm. Ive deleted it. peace

Ha ha I don't know how to flirt with women, so I am right there with you. The only place I am able to meet females is on the net. It is annoying, I see all these girls I want to date... but I can't, because I don't know how to show them I am interested.

I really just hate the fact that finding a mate has been turned into some kind of obnoxious game.

chrism said:
Having a boyfriend used to be so important to me. but i realized I just wanted one for the sake of having one and right now I'm more concerned about finishing school and learning things I want to learn like photography (if I get an slr).

For what it's worth, I think you've got exactly the right attitude. By continuing with your education, you'll have plenty of opportunity to meet guys. And the more accomplished you are, the better the guys you'll tend to attract. So you're going about it in the right way, in my opinion. Otherwise I agree with what Mysis wrote - don't be too self-conscious, and interacting with guys will come naturally. We're really not that complicated!

I hear you chrism and AFrozenSoul, I hear you loud and clear lol. I'm about as two left feet as they come, all with the awkward moves and mumbling. maybe being a little high would do the trick, but since I don't inebriate, maybe I could find a placebo that will surge my confidence. perhaps a finely tweaked handlebar moustache and a top hat would be the ticket! what man in a top hat doesn't almost physically exude confidence?

Worth a try
tophat.gif

I think you're on to something here, I really do. I shall get me a bunch of hats at once. Oh, and I guess I won't be needing this crappy forum anymore. So long, suckers! :cool:

I am thankful to have discovered this site. Thanks guys. :)

It's good to know that I won't be the only wallflower here. But somehow I find a bright side with this shyness or lack of socializing skills. One of the things I don't like about dating/flirting subject is the thought of jumping from one person to another and going though roller coasters of emotions over and over again. Also, we learn how to enjoy our own company. Yes I have to admit that part of my being lonely is not having someone who is by default always on my side but I don't think I would compromise myself being with a person I can't connect with in a deeper level or just a part of "just having fun/fooling around". I think am comfortable with being single... as of the moment (lol)

suckaG said:
I hear you chrism and AFrozenSoul, I hear you loud and clear lol. I'm about as two left feet as they come, all with the awkward moves and mumbling. maybe being a little high would do the trick, but since I don't inebriate, maybe I could find a placebo that will surge my confidence. perhaps a finely tweaked handlebar moustache and a top hat would be the ticket! what man in a top hat doesn't almost physically exude confidence?
Ummm... ok.....

suckaG said:
perhaps a finely tweaked handlebar moustache and a top hat would be the ticket! what man in a top hat doesn't almost physically exude confidence?

You can't go wrong with a handlebar 'stache. It's a law of physics. :D

Latest posts

Back